PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another K9 Officer Leaves K9 Partner to Die in Hot Vehicle

SeanTX
06-18-2013, 08:15 PM
It's that time of year -- seems like last summer there were like two or three dozen cases like this. Maybe not, but just one is one too many. There was one deputy in San Antonio last summer who managed to "forget" two K9s in his vehicle for over 36 hours. Anyway, as always happens when a K9 officer leaves his partner in a hot vehicle to die of heat stroke, the poor K-9 officer is on paid leave and "devastated." :mad:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/police-dog-found-dead-inside-handlers-patrol-car/nYPCH/

Updated: 6:14 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, 2013 | Posted: 5:38 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Police dog found dead inside handler’s patrol car

Spartacus, a 3-year-old Belgian Malinois, was found dead inside his handler’s patrol car Monday night, Woodstock police said.

By Alexis Stevens

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A 3-year-old police dog died from a heat stroke after being left in his handler’s patrol car, Woodstock police said Tuesday.

Spartacus, a Belgian Malinois, was found dead inside the patrol car around 9 p.m. Monday at the officer’s Pickens County home, according to Brittany Duncan, Woodstock police spokeswoman.

Spartacus, a certified multi-purpose dog, performed narcotics detection, tracking, and apprehension for the department, Duncan said.

A necropsy determined the dog’s cause of death, Duncan said.

The animal’s handler, whose name was not released, is a 9-year veteran of the department and has been a “K-9” handler for seven years, Duncan said.

“After the retirement of his first police K-9, who is now a family pet living with the K-9 handler, the handler is devastated by the loss of his second police K-9,” Duncan said in an emailed press release.

The officer has been placed on administrative leave with pay pending the outcome of an internal investigation, Duncan said.

SNIP

A memorial service for Spartacus will be held at a later date.

youngbuck
06-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Shoot a police dog, get charged with murder. Cop leaves dog in vehicle to die from a heat stroke, administrative leave.

Occam's Banana
06-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Shoot a police dog, get charged with murder. Cop leaves dog in vehicle to die from a heat stroke, administrative leave.

You just watch yer mouth, mundane! You gettin' uppity?

oyarde
06-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Kill them all , they are not dogs, if it saves one innocent person from being mauled, dump them all in a furnace, they are trained retards of retard statists.

TheTexan
06-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Kill them all , they are not dogs, if it saves one innocent person from being mauled, dump them all in a furnace, they are trained retards of retard statists.

The dogs or the cops

oyarde
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
The attack dogs , that shit is barbaric , no room for that in my civilized society.

TheTexan
06-19-2013, 01:31 AM
The attack dogs , that shit is barbaric , no room for that in my civilized society.

The training process is barbaric, that's for sure... but what separates an attack dog from a normal dog? Dogs are instinctively protective, if they see a threat

oyarde
06-19-2013, 01:34 AM
The training process is barbaric, that's for sure... but what separates an attack dog from a normal dog? Dogs are instinctively protective, if they see a threat

Those dogs are ruined , I will offer up a hot car for the rest.What a waste of an animal to be used in such away .

Natural Citizen
06-19-2013, 01:40 AM

I'd disagree with that, oyarde. Dogs are often more civilized than the people who handle them. And it's not barbaric. Dogs have a natural drive. I can see why people think they are though. The fact that some incompetent trainers/handlers exist, on the other hand, I can agree with you on though. The article itself speaks for this incompetence.

I've been on both ends of the bite suit. It's not barbaric at all.

kcchiefs6465
06-19-2013, 05:14 AM
Those dogs are ruined , I will offer up a hot car for the rest.What a waste of an animal to be used in such away .
Must spread some rep around.

My thoughts on the matter as well.

They train these dogs to attack and maul people. That is the tragedy. Not that one of them died.

roho76
06-19-2013, 06:33 AM
Maybe the rest of his boyz should have showed up and unloaded their weapons on the sun.

SeanTX
06-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Must spread some rep around.

My thoughts on the matter as well.

They train these dogs to attack and maul people. That is the tragedy. Not that one of them died.

Drug dogs aren't trained to attack people. And it's not the animals fault they are being misused and abused by the state and it's costumed thugs. They are just as much victims as anyone that gets attacked by one. That dog suffered a horrible death and didn't deserve that.

kcchiefs6465
06-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Drug dogs aren't trained to attack people. And it's not the animals fault they are being misused and abused by the state. They are just as much victims as anyone that gets attacked by one. That dog suffered a horrible death and didn't deserve that , and fuck you and anyone else who wants to celebrate that. I swear, some of you "liberty lovers" are just as sociopathic as the statists.
Sure, you are right. The dog did die an unnecessarily cruel death. They should have put a bullet in its head or gave a shot of pentobarbital. I understand that it is not the dog's fault. It is still a vicious animal. When it rips some kid's face off you can cry me a river.

Also, far from your statement that K9 units or 'drug dogs' are not trained to attack people, yes they are. It is not a different dog that they release on people or into backyards that maul innocent citizens, it is the dog they lead around your car to search for drugs. It is the dog that they threaten to sic on you for shits and giggles.

I am an animal lover. I have a soft spot for them. Particularly vicious or dangerous animals should be put down. The only reason the cop is even reprimanded or scorned is because of the $5,000 they are going to have to spend on 'training' another dog to attack people. Good riddance. May the next dog they beat into a vicious, aggressive weapon die as well. You think that is wrong? Petition the pigs to quit abusing dogs and turning them into the weapons they are.

Trust and believe that same dog you are crying over, would be the first one to latch onto your ass in the event you held a peaceful protest. Need I remind you of the dog that was released after they shot that kid in Anaheim? The dog went straight for a toddler and had a man not stepped up and took the bite for him, that kid most surely would have been ripped in half. Not that he still isn't mentally scarred for life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwVAV0CjdjM

Yeah, that dog needs put down as well.

kcchiefs6465
06-19-2013, 08:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T0WhVGIg5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHLnjiISsOo

http://collegepark.11alive.com/news/news/250072-tsa-bomb-sniffing-dog-bites-woman-hartsfield-jackson

ATLANTA -- A Rome woman is still recovering after being bitten in the side by a TSA bomb-sniffing dog.

The incident happened on May 2nd in the south terminal baggage claim carousel at Hartsfield-Jackson airport.

Sue Dubitsky told 11Alive News she was standing in the baggage claim area and noticed the K-9 officer and handler standing beside her. She said she was barely paying them any attention when the dog suddenly lunged and bit her in the lower stomach.

Dubitsky said she wanted to speak out to keep this from happening to someone else.

"Can you imagine that [dog's mouth] around a child's neck?" she said. "And that, the height of my waistline, could easily be a child."

http://i.imgur.com/l8Iuak1.jpg?1

Put them down.

kcchiefs6465
06-19-2013, 08:39 AM
The dogs or the cops
Both.

belian78
06-19-2013, 09:52 AM
I thought it was SoP to always have the cruiser running with the air blowing full blast. At least around here it is, the fuckin pigs will sit in the gas station sucking up free coffee and big gulps for an hour trying their best to flirt with the girls behind the counter, all the while the cruiser is running. But then they just go right to the pump and fill up on the taxpayer's dime before driving off.

Natural Citizen
06-19-2013, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHLnjiISsOo

There's so much wrong with what happened here that it's hard to pick out any specific thing without going through the entire video and pausing, commenting, pausing, commenting and so forth.

This wasn't the dog's fault either. I know folks aren't going to buy it because of the generic knee jerk witch hunt that comes with this kind of discussion so I won't waste the time but the truth is that the reporter and the trainer both caused this. This was a predictable outcome after watching just the first few seconds.

Th dog was telling his handler to intervene the entire time but the guy was too stupid to see it. Heck, he wasn't even holding the clasp so there's no way he was ready to pop the dog (assuming that it was ok to let it get that far...which it wasn't in this case).

Look at this dog throughout the video. It's obvious the dog was placed into a bad position. Isn't the dog's fault. We'll just have to disagree on it. The two humans in the video are the problem. If you can't read your dog then to put him in that situation with yet another incompetent dolt looking to cuddle is just plain horse shit.

kcchiefs6465
06-19-2013, 02:32 PM
There's so much wrong with what happened here that it's hard to pick out any specific thing without going through the entire video and pausing, commenting, pausing, commenting and so forth.

This wasn't the dog's fault either. I know folks aren't going to buy it because of the generic knee jerk witch hunt that comes with this kind of discussion so I won't waste the time but the truth is that the reporter and the trainer both caused this.

Th dog was telling his trainer to intervene the entire time but the guy was too stupid to see it. Heck, he wasn't even holding the clasp so there's no way he was ready to pop the dog.

Look at this dog throughout the video. It's obvious the dog was placed into a bad position. Isn't the dog's fault. We'll just have to disagree on it. The two humans in the video are the problem.
You're probably right. The reporter shouldn't have had both his hands around a dog that was foreign to him and shouldn't have got his face that close. There's the one of the pitbull mix doing the same thing.

Police dogs are 'trained' (often times abused) and turned vicious. They are routinely released on people who violated non-violent crimes. They are used to intimidate. I've seen stories of them being released to chase down a suspect (who probably ran because he didn't want the drug charge) and attacking an innocent person. There was the story of the grandfather or was mauled and subsequent infection killed him. They released the dog on the peaceful protesters and a child was very nearly seriously injured or killed. The dogs are dangerous. Not inherently so but because of the training they've been put through. Perhaps they could be rehabilitated in a loving home, I don't know. I sure as hell wouldn't let any kids near them. And I've seen them close up, vicious and foaming at the mouth to attack me. The handler threatened me with it. Trust me when I tell you, this dog was going nuts to have a chance to get at me.

I feel bad that people abuse animals. But there comes a point and time where the animal is dangerous to society and should be put down. I'd argue the case of police dogs being one of them. It is a tool the police should not have. From being released on Civil Rights protesters, anti-war protesters, modern day protesters, and on non-violent 'criminals' they're misused, overused, abused, and vicious. It's a shame that is the case but it is what it is. They should be humanely put down and the practice ended. I certainly feel little sympathy when one dies.

Natural Citizen
06-19-2013, 02:42 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by kcchiefs....And I've seen them close up, vicious and foaming at the mouth to attack me. The handler threatened me with it. Trust me when I tell you, this dog was going nuts to have a chance to get at me.

"Nein!...Aus!" - ;)

Works. Of course, you'll probably piss off the cop though since it isn't really him the dog is loyal to so much as he is more eager to show that he knows how to obey....regardless of who is giving him instruction. Scwewy, huh? :eek:

That's just an informative piece of information and is for educational purposes only. I wouldn't recommend going around ruining working dogs in general.

Heh. Kind of reminds me of the time the feller was scratching his head and wondering why his dog was laying down in the middle of the mall walkway and wouldn't move for him. That was a hoot.

kcchiefs6465
06-19-2013, 02:52 PM
What does "Nein Aus" mean? Any more commands you can tell me?

I promise I wont say them to every police dog I see. ;)

Natural Citizen
06-19-2013, 02:58 PM

Well. That requires a conforming action on the other end to make it mean something. The easiest way to explain it is to consider that someone is walking down the street passed your front porch where the dog is hanging out and he starts barking at them. That's an actual situation that the dog is responding to. In that particular context it just means no...he's off limits. Stop what your doing. Depends on the context of the action he's responding to that would solicit differing/varying instruction from the handler.

Of course if rover speaks french or something yer fugged so....not wise to tinker around and experiment to see.

Can't just walk by a dog and tell him to do something though. That's not how it works. If he's coming after yer ass though it's worth a shot so it's up to you if'n you want to solicit that. :)

kcchiefs6465
06-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Well. That requires a conforming action on the other end to make it mean something. The easiest way to explain it is to consider that someone is walking down the stree passed your front porch where the dog is hanging out and he starts barking at them. In that particular context it just means no...he's off limits. Stop what your doing. Depends on the context of the action he's responding to that would require attention from the handler.

Of course if rover speaks french or something yer fugged so....not wise to tinker around and experiment to see.
I need a command that means "Your loyalty is misplaced. Let's work together, I have Bacon Bits." Any help with that?

kcchiefs6465
06-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Try to convince a couple K9s to defect.

Natural Citizen
06-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Heh. You get me to chuckling sometimes....

Natural Citizen
06-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Heck, they didn't even narrate the incident correctly. Is not a "choke collar". It's a "training collar". You don't choke yer dog. You train him.

kcchiefs6465
06-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Heck, they didn't even narrate the incident correctly. Is not a "choke collar". It's a "training collar". You don't choke yer dog. You train him.
Watch how some of these officers treat their dogs and you will understand the misstatement.

My first post in this thread sounds heartless, frankly I'd just like to see the policies ended. I don't think dogs are inherently vicious it just depends on the asshole training or in many instances abusing it. I've met pitbulls who are big babies and I've met some that would attack you for getting close. Every K9 I've come in contact with wanted to eat me. Perhaps that was just the egging on of its handlers. Either way, many people are victimized yearly. The police should not have them, the drug 'war' is illegitimate and I'd be damned before I'd say they should have a pass on striking at or biting people instead of being put down.

It's all around a shame. From the abuse, to the cost, to the usage, to everything. I do love animals. People who have read many of my posts know this. (not directed towards you but to the one who referred to me as a sociopath)

oyarde
06-20-2013, 01:41 AM

Hell , I dunno , makes no sense to me , I spoke that language as a youngster , nein of course means " no" , Aus means something like " from" or "out of", so, maybe , FROM NO . ? I say just put it in my hot truck , I will take it to my Korean friend, he will know what to do and he speaks no German at all .

kcchiefs6465
06-20-2013, 01:47 AM
Hell , I dunno , makes no sense to me , I spoke that language as a youngster , nein of course means " no" , Aus means something like " from" or "out of", so, maybe , FROM NO . ? I say just put it in my hot truck , I will take it to my Korean friend, he will know what to do and he speaks no German at all .
You are a bold, bold, animal abuser. ;)

ASPCA should be contacting shortly about how to properly pacify a vicious animal.

oyarde
06-20-2013, 01:52 AM
You are a bold, bold, animal abuser. ;)

ASPCA should be contacting shortly about how to properly pacify a vicious animal.

I dunno what the ASPCA is , but I do know, they are not coming through the moat, the tank traps up the one gravel drive that is bocked to be feed to my organic chickens, :) , lol