PDA

View Full Version : Can we get blimp over college bowl games?

mmink15
11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
This may need a bit of research, but I know that most major football games, particualrly college bowl games, take a few moments during the broadcast to talk about the blimp above and give a skyshot from it. Since the dates match up, we should try to get a blimp over a football bowl game even if it means raising some more money to get any rights that may need obtained. Think of how many people spend their holidays watching football with their family, we could spark immediate interest among millions by getting Ron Paul in the college football mix(what campus doesn't love him already?)
What do you think?

llamabread
11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
This has been one of the ideas, but we can't know the final schedule until we have the blimp. From what I've seen, it appears that most television networks will let you fly over the stadium if you provide aerial views for their broadcast. I know that we have been discussing the possibility of NFL games in New England during the weeks around the tea party since the blimp will already be up there.

Cap'n Crunk
12-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Bowl schedule was released yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2836420

These are the bowls that I feel could have the biggest influence for the early primary states. It's too bad neither Iowa or Iowa State made a bowl.

New Mexico Bowl
Nevada vs. New Mexico Albuquerque, N.M. Dec. 22, 4:30 p.m. ESPN HD
(If blimp has to stay on the east coast this may not be an option.

Motor City Bowl
Purdue vs. Central Michigan Detroit, MI Dec. 26, 7:30 p.m. ESPN HD

Champs Sports Bowl
Boston College vs. Michigan State Orlando, Fla. Dec. 28, 5 p.m. ESPN HD

Chick-fil-A Bowl
Clemson vs. Auburn Atlanta, GA Dec. 31, 7:30 p.m. ESPN HD
(Clemson is in South Carolina)

Capital One Bowl
Michigan vs. Florida Orlando, Fla. Jan. 1, 2008, 1 p.m. ABC HD

edit. Some of these games might be held in domes. Actually, I'm pretty sure the Motor City Bowl and the Chick-fil-A Bowl are both in domes, so a blimp might not be as effective there.

noztnac
12-25-2007, 04:58 AM
Why not hit two bowls at once?

Chic-Fil-A Bowl in Atlanta Dec. 31 7:30 PM
Capitol One Bowl in Orlando Jan. 1st 1:00 PM

The distance from Atlanta to Orlando 401 miles

South Carolina (Clemson) Primary date January 19
Alabama (Auburn) Primary Date February 5th
Michigan Primary Date January 15
Florida Primary Date January 29

bucfish
12-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Blimp going Bowling but Please Donate to Save the Blimp!!!

walt
12-25-2007, 07:49 AM
apparently not, if you take dec 31-jan 2 off.