PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Rand Paul on PBS Newshour discusses immigration reform - 6/18/13

jct74
06-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., will discuss his position on immigration reform on Tuesday's edition of "PBS NewsHour."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/tv-guy/os-rand-paul-talks-immigration-on-pbs-20130618,0,1703459.post

update: interview starts at 3:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kbNc_i3KKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kbNc_i3KKE

PSYOP
06-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Good Lord -- Rand is all over the place lately. Thanks for the share.

jct74
06-18-2013, 06:58 PM
tube added

William R
06-18-2013, 07:26 PM
In other words, Rand amnesty. Take a hike!!!

anaconda
06-18-2013, 08:12 PM
In other words, Rand amnesty. Take a hike!!!

Rand wants only citizens to be eligible for welfare and wants actual border security, which would seem to address future issues. Why not let the 11 million people who are already here work and pay taxes? They contribute to GDP and do jobs that many others do not want.

Carlybee
06-18-2013, 08:18 PM
Rand wants only citizens to be eligible for welfare and wants actual border security, which would seem to address future issues. Why not let the 11 million people who are already here work and pay taxes? They contribute to GDP and do jobs that many others do not want.

We've been through this...the illegal immigrant working for low wages is not going to be paying any tax. They claim 5 dependents and are in the zero tax rate category. They will claim the earned income credit and get a refund for something they never even paid. That being said, they will have to contribute to SS and Medicare and will contribute to the economy by way of purchases, sales tax and hidden taxes. But let's not kid ourselves that they will pay income tax. I know one who made 80k a year with a painting company and never paid a lick of tax because she had 5 kids and a mother living with her...not a damn one of them was legal either and every one of her kids were on the free breakfast and lunch program at school...she volunteered this info to me btw.

anaconda
06-18-2013, 11:17 PM
We've been through this...the illegal immigrant working for low wages is not going to be paying any tax. They claim 5 dependents and are in the zero tax rate category. They will claim the earned income credit and get a refund for something they never even paid. That being said, they will have to contribute to SS and Medicare and will contribute to the economy by way of purchases, sales tax and hidden taxes. But let's not kid ourselves that they will pay income tax. I know one who made 80k a year with a painting company and never paid a lick of tax because she had 5 kids and a mother living with her...not a damn one of them was legal either and every one of her kids were on the free breakfast and lunch program at school...she volunteered this info to me btw.

At what expense to the tax payers to round them up and deport?

RabbitMan
06-18-2013, 11:55 PM

I hardly think this one example is indicative of the entire population of MILLIONS of illegal immigrants.

ObiRandKenobi
06-18-2013, 11:59 PM
Not the best interview ever.