PDA

View Full Version : NC Senate: Hagan 44-Brannon 40

supermario21
06-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Good numbers in the general for Greg, but for some reason he's lagging in the primary poll, against candidates who aren't running...

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/06/foxx-leads-nc-republican-wish-list.html

Brian4Liberty
06-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Looks like it's about name recognition.

NationalAnarchist
06-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Awesome news...can't wait to help Brannon get elected.

lib3rtarian
06-18-2013, 10:38 AM
urrghh..can't figure out why Foxx is so popular. At the NCGOP convention, she spoke THREE times..She is also old..69..vs. Brannon who is 52.

AJ Antimony
06-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a poll where a dark horse candidate was polling single digits in the primary, yet performed the best in the GE matchup.

Now Brannon can use "the most electable" card!

AJ Antimony
06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
urrghh..can't figure out why Foxx is so popular. At the NCGOP convention, she spoke THREE times..She is also old..69..vs. Brannon who is 52.

She's not. She polled 23% which means 77% of primary voters did NOT pick her. It's all about name-ID. If you ask an average person or voter if for Senate they would vote for a congressman they have heard of before, or someone with no political experience they never heard of before, of the people that don't say "undecided" the congressman is most likely going to 'win.'

Bastiat's The Law
06-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Brannon needs money more than anything right now. If he gets past the primary outside money will pour into his campaign to defeat Hagan. I think he has a great shot at doing just that.

Bastiat's The Law
06-18-2013, 10:55 AM
She's not. She polled 23% which means 77% of primary voters did NOT pick her. It's all about name-ID. If you ask an average person or voter if for Senate they would vote for a congressman they have heard of before, or someone with no political experience they never heard of before, of the people that don't say "undecided" the congressman is most likely going to 'win.'
Yup, it's all name recognition. Brannon needs to get his name out there more with targeted ads and more speaking tours.

FSP-Rebel
06-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Yup, it's all name recognition. Brannon needs to get his name out there more with targeted ads and more speaking tours.
Yep and needs the cash first and foremost to get past the first leg of this race. It's one thing if some can't afford to donate but those that can afford and don't shouldn't even be hanging around here. Since this forum is inspired after Ron and he still engages in politics w/endorsements and donations from his pac then so too should those that look up to him over and above the aggressive political allies that do so for Rand. In past times when we'd be doing moneybombs for Ron, Rand or Schiff, there would be lots of activity in moneybomb threads be it spreading the word, boosting morale and linking to promotional stuff but so far none of this has happened in any worthwhile way for Broun or Brannon except by a select few. When we step up we tend to elect the people we want over all don't we?

Bastiat's The Law
06-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Yep and needs the cash first and foremost to get past the first leg of this race. It's one thing if some can't afford to donate but those that can afford and don't shouldn't even be hanging around here. Since this forum is inspired after Ron and he still engages in politics w/endorsements and donations from his pac then so too should those that look up to him over and above the aggressive political allies that do so for Rand. In past times when we'd be doing moneybombs for Ron, Rand or Schiff, there would be lots of activity in moneybomb threads be it spreading the word, boosting morale and linking to promotional stuff but so far none of this has happened in any worthwhile way for Broun or Brannon except by a select few. When we step up we tend to elect the people we want over all don't we?
Sometimes I wonder what the heck we're doing here on these forums. If its not engaging in activism, I'll have to reevaluate things and the time I spend here. The Ben Swann Truth in Media project has stalled and we're allowing great candidates like Broun and Brannon to get devoured by the enemies of liberty. If I wanted to debate endless philosophical minutia I'd attend the local LP meetings.

Brian4Liberty
06-30-2013, 01:57 PM
From the article:

The potential foes who come closest to Hagan are Greg Brannon and Phil Berger who each trail by 4 points at 44/40. ... [Note: Phil Berger is not running]

Despite Hagan's lead over all the Republicans at this point the numbers certainly continue to point to a very close race. None of the GOP hopefuls have more than 50% name recognition so there's a decent chance that as the eventual candidate becomes better known they will gain some ground.

Warlord
06-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Hagan is toast. Brannon just needs to get the nomination. She's going down so hard. GOP should get 5-8 seats and hers will be one.

GET GREG THE NOMINATION

devil21
06-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Local media in Charlotte is acting like Brannon doesn't exist. Black-out in effect? There was a long article today on Tillis and his donations from big business interests in the Observer, comparisons to Hagan's fundraising, etc. Guess who was never mentioned once in the article?

Brian4Liberty
06-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Local media in Charlotte is acting like Brannon doesn't exist. Black-out in effect? There was a long article today on Tillis and his donations from big business interests in the Observer, comparisons to Hagan's fundraising, etc. Guess who was never mentioned once in the article?

Sounds like a blackout to me. We need to get the word out. Otherwise we'll have a corrupt, big government RINO like Tillis running against Hagan. And some people will be crying "there's no good choice, it's the lesser of two evils, there no difference between the Parties!"

Warlord
06-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Sounds like a blackout to me. We need to get the word out. Otherwise we'll have a corrupt, big government RINO like Tillis running against Hagan. And some people will be crying "there's no good choice, it's the lesser of two evils, there no difference between the Parties!"

Nightmare and he'll win as well. Warlord senses the hand of Karl Rove. Brannon needs to get on the phone to the press and make sure he's included in all these profiles etc. and plead with them. Rand had to fight to get attention in KY initially. Don't let them walk all over you. Hold events and rallies outside their offices if necessary. Bullhorn them.

When you run for Senate you need to barnstorm the state and you need to be tireless and sharp.

devil21
06-30-2013, 04:15 PM

Here's the article.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/29/4137519/for-tillis-and-his-donors-an-interest.html

I left a comment about Brannon. It was deleted within 30 minutes.

Warlord
06-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Here's the article.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/06/29/4137519/for-tillis-and-his-donors-an-interest.html

Sounds like a problem... how do we counteract this?

Brian4Liberty
06-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Here's the article.

Pathetic. These people have no shame.

And they kept the negative response to your post?

devil21
06-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Pathetic. These people have no shame.

And they kept the negative response to your post?

I didnt see any response to my comment since it wasn't left up long enough for anyone to see it. You don't see any Brannon related comments on that article either right?

Brian4Liberty
06-30-2013, 04:48 PM
I didnt see any response to my comment since it wasn't left up long enough for anyone to see it. You don't see any Brannon related comments on that article either right?

There was a negative comment about a "Tea Party candidate that was like Cruz and DeMint". No mention of Brannon's name. It was out of context, as it was addressing another comment. I assume it was a response to your comment.

devil21
06-30-2013, 04:49 PM
There was a negative comment about a Tea Party candidate that was like Cruz and DeMint. No mention of Brannon's name. It was out of context, as it was addressing another comment. I assume it was a response to your comment.

Naaaa that one was already there. Sounds like someone else commented about Brannon and their comment was deleted too. The Observer is left leaning so Im sure they'd much rather have Tillis against Hagan than someone that sounds like Rand. Tillis is pretty much hated wherever he goes.

Warlord
06-30-2013, 04:50 PM
They will do all they can to hamstrung Brannon. This is Karl Rove. He didn't visit the state convention for no reason. We need to find a way of smoothing things over with local media. Maybe a DC intervention from Rand or McConnell to say "play fair"

Warlord
06-30-2013, 04:55 PM
This race is perfect... Hagan's numbers are deplorable for an incumbent. She might as well pack her office up. We must get Brannon this nomination then unite the party behind him and make sure NC knows his story as a doctor and activist. He'll be a senator for sure. I'm excited about this race now and getting more excited about other races. GOP are going to do well and may win the majority. Time to get busy.

devil21
07-01-2013, 02:33 AM
I left a second comment later in case I screwed up the first. That one was deleted too. Other comments were allowed in the meantime. Other Brannon comments have showed up. Weird.