PDA

View Full Version : Rohrabacher warns John Boehner on speakership

Warlord
06-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) says Speaker John Boehner should be ousted if he rams through an immigration bill without majority Republican support.

“If Speaker Boehner moves forward and permits this to come to a vote even though the majority of the Republicans in the House—and that’s if they do—oppose whatever it is that’s coming to a vote, he should be removed as Speaker,” Rohrabacher said on World Net Daily radio on Monday.

Rohrabacher was responding to Boehner’s assertion that immigration reform is at the top of his legislative agenda and his suggestion in an interview with ABC last week in which he would not rule out pushing a bill through without the support of a majority of his party, a violation of the so-called “Hastert rule.”

“I would consider that a betrayal of the Republican members of the House and a betrayal of the Republicans throughout the country,” Rohrabacher said.

The Washington Examiner reported Sunday that Boehner has decided he will not call a vote without his party’s backing.

Rohrabacher also said he is “alerting the American people to this danger that is right upon us” and he slammed the Gang of Eight for voting down Sen. Chuck Grassley’s (R-Iowa) amendment requiring the implementation of stricter border security before legalization. “There will be no border security improvements. It’ll all be a facade,” Rohrabacher said of the bill.

He also attacked the immigration bill’s supporters, saying “those people pushing this bill are doing it in the most deceptive and dishonest way.”

Number one on Rohrabacher’s list is Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), whom he accused of using “weasel words” in a bid for reform. “Rubio is so mixed up and so confused. I think he has given up his rightful place to advise any of us in Washington what to do and…he’s given up any right to be trusted by the American people,” Rohrabacher said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/dana-rohrabacher-john-boehner-speaker-92954.html

jkr
06-18-2013, 10:05 AM
HE SHOULD BE REMOVED BECAUSE HE IS CORRUPT!

HOLLYWOOD
06-18-2013, 10:09 AM
HE SHOULD BE REMOVED BECAUSE HE IS CORRUPT!Yes, and with all of John Boehner's corruption comes extortion/blackmail. Boehner is so dirty, if he pushes this monstrosity through, you know TPTB have got him by the balls.

helmuth_hubener
06-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Rohrabacher used to be a libertarian, once upon a time, long, long ago, back in the 1970s. A full an-cap, in fact, I believe. But then he was corrupted.

Good for him for criticizing the speaker, though. I guess.