PDA

View Full Version : Police Open Fire on a Car Sitting at Crowded DWI Checkpoint

sailingaway
06-17-2013, 09:06 PM
http://i0.wp.com/thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Screen-Shot-2013-06-17-at-1.47.32-PM.png?resize=600%2C250

*VIDEO at link: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/video-police-open-fire-on-a-car-sitting-at-crowded-dwi-checkpoint/ * Police open fire on a car sitting at crowded DWI checkpoint

BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WECT) – A couple celebrating Father’s Day with their baby found themselves in the middle of a shootout at a DWI checkpoint when officers unloaded on a car sitting in heavy traffic. The couple, Jared and Rose Cleerdin were hoping it wouldn’t be their last Father’s Day together as the officers fired dozens of rounds in the direction of on-coming traffic. Jared Cleerden believes the officers acted way beyond what was necessary for public safety saying, ”Every cop turned around and started unloading like super trigger happy as if their training was coming into full effect and they were being able to utilize it,” said Cleerdin. “Everybody was just blasting this car to pieces. It was absolutely terrifying. It was way beyond reckless,” said Cleerdin. “I couldn’t believe it. These are professional people, professional officers, and they’re training, they’re highly trained and they’re not supposed to do stuff like that. Cops are shooting from the front of the car, back into the rest of the on-coming traffic to the check point, into the rest of the innocent civilians down the road.”

VIDEO: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/video-police-open-fire-on-...

Side Note: Did you pick on this completely separate, but equally important sleight of hand?! @1:17 "...a routine DUI checkpoint..." ??? Do they mean a routine violation of my right to travel unmolested?

Here's a follow up article:

Sheriff Ingram explains what happened during checkpoint shooting

BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WECT) – Something went wrong at a Brunswick County checkpoint, leaving two people recovering from gunshot wounds and seven deputies on the sidelines until investigators get answers.

Four sheriff's deputies from Brunswick County have been moved to desk positions and three New Hanover County deputies are on leave after 34-year-old Antoine Graham and 42-year-old Jerry Melvin, both of Leland, were shot at a DWI checkpoint.

Brunswick Sheriff John Ingram said Monday during a news conference that everything was done by procedure. When the shooting happened, the checkpoint had just started and deputies immediately shut it down to deal with the situation at hand.

Continue Reading: http://www.wect.com/story/22610377/sheriff-ingram-explains-w...

Nothing to see here. ..."everything was done by procedure"...

http://www.dailypaul.com/289481/police-open-fire-on-a-car-sitting-at-crowded-dwi-checkpoint

phill4paul
06-17-2013, 09:10 PM
These are professional people, professional officers, and they’re training, they’re highly trained and they’re not supposed to do stuff like that.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/092009/1253784913_jack_nicholson_fuckyou.gif

Carson
06-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Some of those innocent civilians that were downrange were probably other officers.

It looks pretty crowded. Sounds like we were pretty lucky.

nbruno322
06-17-2013, 10:08 PM
"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it."

~Edward Snowden

sailingaway
06-17-2013, 10:16 PM
"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it."

~Edward Snowden

that is signature worthy.

jclay2
06-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Complete totalitarian "officer safety" fail. The first thing you do when a car is speeding through a checkpoint is to open fire like the O.K. Corral? .....

Red Green
06-17-2013, 10:26 PM
These are professional people fucking pigs, professional officers taxpayer-fleecing pigs, and they’re training pig-instinct, they’re highly trained motivated to not get a boo-boo and they’re not supposed to do stuff like that for pig safety because mundanes don't matter.

Fixed it.

phill4paul
06-17-2013, 10:30 PM
that is signature worthy.

Indeed.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Why are these 'officers' not being charged with attempted homicide, or at the very least negligence. Shoot up some people, get a cozy desk job. How nice.

TheTexan
06-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Why are these 'officers' not being charged with attempted homicide, or at the very least negligence. Shoot up some people, get a cozy desk job. How nice.

Ya, someone should really call the cops and report that as a crime

kcchiefs6465
06-17-2013, 11:16 PM
I am still trying to get over my initial outrage of having DUI checkpoints on Father's Day.

I really don't have words.

A very literal sigh. That one hurts.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Imagine the irony when they have them on the 4th of July and you know that they will.

kcchiefs6465
06-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Imagine the irony when they have them on the 4th of July and you know that they will.
+rep.

Nothing shows American values like being arbitrarily stopped, asked where you are heading and if you've consumed any alcohol.

That is about as blatant as it gets.. the fact that we've changed fundamentally as a nation. Unfortunately most 'Americans' will answer and gladly supply unwarranted information.

To see how far we've come is something to make patriots roll in their graves.

And the road ahead isn't looking any brighter.

asurfaholic
06-18-2013, 12:21 AM
This is right up my ally... I think I know some of the cops involved.

Arrogant pieces of work there, and in new Hanover co.

asurfaholic
06-18-2013, 12:27 AM

They do, all up and down the coast, even in quiet pender county which is mostly farmland, but is coastal. 4th of July is a police playday with them going around on the beaches to every party and cookout looking for "illegal" fireworks. I am pretty young, and I do remember a time when this didnt happen, then right before my eyes it all changed.

Used to be a family ( and most other people too) routine to go south to the nc sc border and get the big boom fireworks. Now that's pretty much over. Only sparklers for everyone for now, and that's probably on its way out too.

Btw, the justification is that fireworks almost every year set at least one fire... Gotta prevent that, you know? Sparklers can catch something on fire just as easy.... Wont be long

dannno
06-18-2013, 12:34 AM
How has nobody posted this clip yet?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=542zyQ6-gd4

UWDude
06-18-2013, 12:41 AM
I've never seen a DWI checkpoint in real life or in a picture before.

I never imagined they would be so massive.

The scale of the police state has shocked me once again.

Root
06-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Just like how the actual effects of the war on drugs (people) is worse than the drugs itself, these checkpoints are worse than the chance someone might be over the arbitrary BAC set-forth by the law (and might not injury anyone).

HOLLYWOOD
06-18-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm glad Snowden mentioned today that more Americans die from Cops killing them, than all terrorist actions. I was quite surprise that FOX NEWS even mentioned it.

This is another example... of the death squads gearing up in America.

There must of been 50 cops there looking at the pictures... who's paying for all that? :rolleyes:

I see plenty of brand new LE vehicles/equipment too... probably courtesy of the DHS deficit spending, turning around giving(granting) it to states/counties/cities. More centralized tyranny... if we (DHS) grant you millions in equipment, you better use it to oppress the people to our centralized demands.

tod evans
06-18-2013, 04:15 AM
La-da-de-dumb..

Life is grand.

Lookie how well my government is doing protecting me from potentially inebriated drivers..

Thank God I'm safe...

Puke!

cindy25
06-18-2013, 05:24 AM
isn't putting them on desk duty admitting they were at fault? seldom hear of that anymore

more will come out on this

tod evans
06-18-2013, 05:27 AM
isn't putting them on desk duty admitting they were at fault? seldom hear of that anymore

more will come out on this

A stern letter of reprimand?

Sentenced to 48 hours at the shooting range?

What would happen if you or I emptied a clip at a car?

kcchiefs6465
06-18-2013, 05:30 AM
A stern letter of reprimand?

Sentenced to 48 hours at the shooting range?

What would happen if you or I emptied a clip at a car?
You would earn stripes, get a super cool skull and bones tattoo, and be given a medal of valor, of course.

Anti Federalist
06-18-2013, 06:25 AM
Ya'll cop haters need to pipe down.

That looked like a bunch of freedom to me.

'Murica!

*belch*

otherone
06-18-2013, 06:29 AM
SPEED. KILLS.

tod evans
06-18-2013, 06:32 AM
SPEED. KILLS.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Vintage-Gilbert-Shelton-Poster-Fat-Freddy-Says-Drugs-Speed-Kills-Fury-Freak-Bros-/00/s/MTU2NFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqJ,!k4F!8p3GYihBQTSfI,Uqw~~60_35.JPG

Origanalist
06-18-2013, 06:51 AM
I am still trying to get over my initial outrage of having DUI checkpoints on Father's Day.

I really don't have words.

A very literal sigh. That one hurts.

Good way to take out competition for the Daddy role.

osan
06-18-2013, 07:04 AM

This is why we must identify them.

Hunt them.

Apprehend them.

Try them.

Convict them.

Sentence them.

Execute sentence.

Privately.

There is NO other way because Theye will never willingly allow what is right to be realized.

For this violation of the public trust, there should be but one sentence and its conduction should send an unequivocal message to anyone acting as one of Theire agents. We must strike great fear into such persons and even into Themme such that either they recede from the borders of our rights in terror or we go to open war with them all. We are long past the point of being justified in killing these people.

Time is here.

Scrapmo
06-18-2013, 09:01 AM
They probably shut down the check point because they ran out of bullets. They should start a new ad campaign like "click it or ticket" or "Drive sober or get pulled over". They could call it "Comply or Die" I wonder what that commercial would look like.

pcosmar
06-18-2013, 09:32 AM
The police are investigating themselves.

I am sure that Just Us will be served.

Czolgosz
06-18-2013, 09:43 AM
How has nobody posted this clip yet?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=542zyQ6-gd4

lol