PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be on the radio tomorrow for Ron Paul

spotics
11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Some members of my Ron Paul meetup have been invited on a local radio talk show to promote Ron Paul. Any advice for how to sell the good doctor?

steph3n
11-26-2007, 06:04 PM
humility, anti nation building, ECONOMY

Danny Molina
11-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Remember to be prepared if the hosts or callers decide to throw mud at you.

Alabama Supporter
11-26-2007, 06:15 PM
What area of the country are you in? Is it a conservative show?

I wouldn't mention the war if you are in the South and on a conservative show.

terryp
11-26-2007, 06:19 PM
what type of station it is, what is their market, and what time of day the show will be broadcast. Try to tailor the topics to the market and listener.
No knowing any of those, the best thing that I have done is to print out some RP downloads and then read them and High-lite the notes. Take them with you and either a prepared statement or at least a cheat sheet. Some snacks might be a good idea to. Everybody will remember you and maybe call you back. Good luck

paulitics
11-26-2007, 06:22 PM
borders and immigration, national sovereignty. 90% approval.

steph3n
11-26-2007, 06:32 PM
borders and immigration, national sovereignty. 90% approval.

90% approval of?

spotics
11-26-2007, 06:57 PM
what type of station it is, what is their market, and what time of day the show will be broadcast. Try to tailor the topics to the market and listener.
No knowing any of those, the best thing that I have done is to print out some RP downloads and then read them and High-lite the notes. Take them with you and either a prepared statement or at least a cheat sheet. Some snacks might be a good idea to. Everybody will remember you and maybe call you back. Good luck

It's a news/talk (mainly talk) station. The program is a local morning show.

terryp
11-26-2007, 09:21 PM
If it is a "Rush L." station try to refute any bad information that he may have out.
If it's "Dr. Laura S." I would assume a strong family theme, he is a Doctor...
Give them a brief bio on RP. Then start off on the high points that the campaign is using.
If you know how long you will be on try to pace yourself and fill the time.
I though about suggesting the use of the you tube vids and take their songs but they may not let you because of copyright laws, if they let you then I believe it still might be trouble.
I would also think that these listeners are are pretty astute if they listen to talk radio, most probably listen all day.
Be sure to have enough topics to fill your time.
Where is this at and what is the radio station? Good luck.