PDA

View Full Version : Obama: NSA is Transparent

EBounding
06-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Obama Defends NSA Spying
http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/president-obama-defends-nsa-spying

I couldn't even get past the first paragraph. All the contradictions were making my head hurt.

Barack Obama: Well, in the end, and what I’ve said, and I continue to believe, is that we don’t have to sacrifice our freedom in order to achieve security. That’s a false choice. That doesn’t mean that there are not tradeoffs involved in any given program, in any given action that we take. So all of us make a decision that we go through a whole bunch of security at airports, which when we were growing up that wasn’t the case…. And so that’s a tradeoff we make, the same way we make a tradeoff about drunk driving. We say, “Occasionally there are going to be checkpoints. They may be intrusive.” To say there’s a tradeoff doesn’t mean somehow that we’ve abandoned freedom. I don’t think anybody says we’re no longer free because we have checkpoints at airports.

Warlord
06-17-2013, 03:45 PM
>I don’t think anybody says we’re no longer free because we have checkpoints at airports.

Ask Professor Feldman from your alma mater you twit.

satchelmcqueen
06-17-2013, 05:37 PM
i say we are not free because of checkpoints at airports...because its the government and NOT the private airport itself.

torchbearer
06-17-2013, 05:48 PM
i say we are not free because of checkpoints at airports...because its the government and NOT the private airport itself.

i agree.
security should be the liability of the airlines. and it should be their choice.
i should have a choice as to which of those airlines i'd fly with.