PDA

View Full Version : I'm making RADIO ads for free

Rhys
11-26-2007, 05:50 PM
I know there's a couple radio ad threads, but I want to make sure people know this:

later in the week I'll be having my friend produce some 30 and 60 seconds spots for us to use for free.

She's a radio producer, and we'll probably use her radio station's stuff. She's going to produce it for me, I'll probably be the voice.

I wont be running these ads, I'm making them for anyone who wants them. So, anyone who wants them, what do you want out of them?

I can probably make a few, so if you have plans to do some radio, get with me or one of the voice guys.

These will be Pro level ads. They would be expensive if you had to pay, but you wont have to!

I see no reason why these ads shouldn't be a free-for-all.

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Cool! Keep me posted! put me on a mailing list for these ads!

MEGAMERICAN
11-27-2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.truthnews.us/?p=867

Truthnews is doing a contest where you could win $500 for a radio ad. You can also win $2k, $500 or $100 for a video ad.

Rhys
11-27-2007, 04:46 PM
werd

voiceactivated
11-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Rhys

I'd like to present your offer for free radio ads to my meetup group in Washington. I'll see them this weekend. Do you have anything available for us to listen to? If we wanted to write our own ad could you also record that? Do you have any idea what the radio stations charge for a 60 second ads?

Thanks,
Duane

Rhys
11-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I'll more than likely record them Thursday. I can probably record anything you want if you hurry, but I don't know about after. I'll be using equipment at one of the highest rated Detroit stations, so I feel lucky that I can even use it once. I'll post if they're big Ron Paul supporters and let me in again. The other thing is, my friend is the one who is really doing the hard work of editing and producing so I don't want to ask too much from her since she could care less who's president. I did offer her the prize money though!

ad space prices really differ from market to market. AM christian radio at 3am is cheap, pop 40 drive time in a major market is expensive.

And while I'm thinking of it, anyone who wants can be what NPR calls a day sponsor. They'll read a message several times a day. This is WAY cheaper than ads. You can check with your local NPR and see if they have any days available between now and primaries.

Also, another option is, MOST stations will have their jocks read your ad. You don't have to record one, you just give them a script and they sorta act like they really mean it. You've all heard it. I can think of one now where the big bad ass rocker jock in my area does cat food ads.

dirknb@hotmail.com
11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
I know there's a couple radio ad threads, but I want to make sure people know this:

later in the week I'll be having my friend produce some 30 and 60 seconds spots for us to use for free.

She's a radio producer, and we'll probably use her radio station's stuff. She's going to produce it for me, I'll probably be the voice.

I wont be running these ads, I'm making them for anyone who wants them. So, anyone who wants them, what do you want out of them?

I can probably make a few, so if you have plans to do some radio, get with me or one of the voice guys.

These will be Pro level ads. They would be expensive if you had to pay, but you wont have to!

I see no reason why these ads shouldn't be a free-for-all.

Awesome. Someone in our group wants to run Christian targeted ads on local Christian radio. I'll direct her to this thread.

Rhys
11-29-2007, 06:43 PM
I just got word from my friend, we can make the ads any time next week as long as the station isn't making commercials. The way she said it, we can be in there any time they're not. These won't be homemade, so If you have a script or message, now's the time.