PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck: Snowden Risked His Life For You

AuH20
06-16-2013, 11:17 PM
An impressive 20 minutes going after the familiar figures in the GOP (Graham, McCain, Peter King) as well as discussing the Patriot Act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_fKynrS1jU

9:55 mark hits the nail on the head in terms of the inherent trust issue. Talks about Patriot Act mistakes at 6:40. Also, calls Patriot Act a lie created by liars at end of video.

Debbie Downer
06-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Go Glenn!!!!

kahless
06-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Irrational Beck bashing begin in 3, 2, 1..

RM918
06-16-2013, 11:39 PM

The reason you get it is because you see a lot of Beck talking a great game, but when it comes to when it matters - elections - he runs to the establishment candidate.

kahless
06-16-2013, 11:50 PM
The reason you get it is because you see a lot of Beck talking a great game, but when it comes to when it matters - elections - he runs to the establishment candidate.

I have detailed his hypocrisy here in the past but I am not going to bash the guy when he right since that only hurts our own message.

Some forum members are hypocritical since they will give high praise to Progressive media personalities that trash us for that one occasion they may slightly agree with us.

kcchiefs6465
06-16-2013, 11:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/nr0npTu.gif?1

Anti Federalist
06-17-2013, 12:49 AM
I've been as harsh as any toward Beck.

But in this clip he was heroic.

Lightyears above the bilious bilge being spewed by "libertarians" like John Stossel and CATO VP Roger Pilon on this issue.

Good for Beck.

Sola_Fide
06-17-2013, 12:53 AM
I wish the Glenn Beck in this video could go back in time and talk to the Glenn Beck who derailed Debra Medina's campaign.

FrankRep
06-17-2013, 12:55 AM
I wish the Glenn Beck in this video could go back in time and talk to the Glenn Beck who derailed Debra Medina's campaign.

Glenn Beck still doesn't support the "9/11 is an inside job" idea that Debra Medina danced around and didn't answer.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Glenn Beck still doesn't support the "9/11 is an inside job" idea that Debra Medina danced around and didn't answer.

Then he should have let the issue lie, rather than torpedo her.

FrankRep
06-17-2013, 01:03 AM

If Debra Medina goes on the Alex Jones show, Glenn Beck has every right to ask if she agrees with Alex Jones. Debra Medina made a rookie mistake and avoided the question.

I think Debra Medina is awesome and I've met her several times, but we all have to admit she made a huge mistake, dropped the ball, and it cost her the election.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2013, 01:09 AM
If Debra Medina goes on the Alex Jones show, Glenn Beck has every right to ask if she agrees with Alex Jones. Debra Medina made a rookie mistake and avoided the question.

I think Debra Medina is awesome and I've met her several times, but we all have to admit she made a huge mistake, dropped the ball, and it cost her the election.

Sure, he had every right to.

Didn't mean he had to.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2013, 01:46 AM

I disagree. Beck set a trap and yes, she walked into it. But, he set a trap, nonetheless. Then, let's talk about how he played games with the mic so that it appeared she was not answering his questions. Let's also talk about how he talked about Medina, lying on numerous occasion, for days after the so-called interview. He damn well knew what he was doing.

But, none of this has a thing to do with what your OP is about. That was great and I am glad he did it. But, the man? He is trash and not to be trusted.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2013, 01:50 AM

Beck damn well knew that she wasn't a "Truther" TM. He did what he did to take her out of the election. Just ask his radio buddy who has ties to Rick Perry.

DamianTV
06-17-2013, 01:58 AM
I've been as harsh as any toward Beck.

But in this clip he was heroic.

Lightyears above the bilious bilge being spewed by "libertarians" like John Stossel and CATO VP Roger Pilon on this issue.

Good for Beck.

Yeah, Stossel is on my shit list right now. Usually Stossel is pretty dead on, but this on this issue, he forgot to pull his head out of his ass before he spoke so it just sounded like a mumbled fart.

compromise
06-17-2013, 03:18 AM
Glenn Beck is now the true radio voice of the liberty movement.

Stossel is a Gary Johnson libertarian.

jtstellar
06-17-2013, 04:01 AM
when and if beck turns the corner and proves himself truly useful to this movement, he will quickly leave his past naysayers in the dust with their petty personal grudges.. enjoy it while it lasts

how many wasted inputs attacking the wrong person, until he finally makes enough gradual change to make the cutoff point? how many years does one have? each time you decide to attack the wrong person or latch unto a fruitless cause, it takes a few years away from your life. how many times can you do it? how long do you have?

not that it particularly concerns me, because natural selection tends to take care of things and settle disagreements in few years time. i am pretty sure only the resourceful people making good use of their decision and time will remain to spread their influence after the dust settles. keep wasting your time.

ClydeCoulter
06-17-2013, 04:48 AM
That was pretty good. I saw a couple of places where he could have done something that would have made it even better.

Recognize that Ron Paul foretold about these things, when he mentioned that some had warned about the Patriot Act and government overreach and violation of the Constitution.

When he talked about the media blindly following the governments talking points and delivering lies and framing things he could have mentioned things like the doctored video of Zimmerman trying to frame him.

tod evans
06-17-2013, 05:32 AM
I think that's the first time I spent more than 60 seconds listening to Beck.

I only have one issue with what I heard, that's in the close he tried to place blame on "This Administration"..

The trickery and deceit propagated on the American public has been ongoing since before I was born and no court of law, no division of the "Just-Us" department, will ever hold those liable accountable.

Brian Coulter
06-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Anyone who believes a sociopath like Glen Beck could possibly believe in anything is either, a fucking retard, or, was not aware of this man's existence until this video.

CaptUSA
06-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Wait 'til Snowden says something about Israel spying on people, too... Beck will do a 180 faster than you can blink.

DOn't get me wrong, Beck is a useful idiot, but he's still an idiot.

moostraks
06-17-2013, 06:21 AM
I think that's the first time I spent more than 60 seconds listening to Beck.

I only have one issue with what I heard, that's in the close he tried to place blame on "This Administration"..

The trickery and deceit propagated on the American public has been ongoing since before I was born and no court of law, no division of the "Just-Us" department, will ever hold those liable accountable.
Well I have tried to be more open minded towards Beck of late but sounds like if he is laying the groundwork to tote red team water on this one if he is laying the blame on this administration. The best liars play on your emotions by using the truth most of the time and crafting it to sell their lies.

cajuncocoa
06-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Go Glenn!!!!
...and take Levin and Hannity with you!!!

cajuncocoa
06-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Glenn Beck is now the true radio voice of the liberty movement.

We are soooooo fucked.

IDefendThePlatform
06-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Glenn Beck is now the true radio voice of the liberty movement.http://freetalklive.com/

AuH20
06-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Well I have tried to be more open minded towards Beck of late but sounds like if he is laying the groundwork to tote red team water on this one if he is laying the blame on this administration. The best liars play on your emotions by using the truth most of the time and crafting it to sell their lies.

I didn't see any partiality to the GOP, in fact you could make the argument that he showed far more vitriol towards them than the democrats in that segment. He just defiantly elucidated the left-right paradigm, which is a rarity these days. You don't have to like or respect Glenn Beck, but I am for one glad he left Fox to at least project an unfiltered opinion. Some people need to hear this as startling as it sounds.

FrankRep
06-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Wait 'til Snowden says something about Israel spying on people, too... Beck will do a 180 faster than you can blink.

If anything the NSA would be spying on Israel.

nbruno322
06-17-2013, 08:59 AM
I am certainly very cautious of Beck, but I'll give credit where its due. He gets my props for that segment.

kcchiefs6465
06-17-2013, 11:47 AM
If anything the NSA would be spying on Israel.
You sure about that?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?417129-Wired-Two-Israeli-companies-helping-Obama-admn-s-bugging-of-Americans&highlight=israel+company+spying

Czolgosz
06-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Beck is one of the few instances where you don't trust the messenger.

FrankRep
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
You sure about that?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?417129-Wired-Two-Israeli-companies-helping-Obama-admn-s-bugging-of-Americans&highlight=israel+company+spying

Oh, I thought you meant Israel spying on America. NSA used some Israeli companies so its a bit different.

Bastiat's The Law
06-17-2013, 01:04 PM
He provided the rope and she hung herself with it. She only has herself to blame.

AuH20
06-17-2013, 01:07 PM
He provided the rope and she hung herself with it. She only has herself to blame.

Why did the truthers (not all truthers are misguided btw) infect her gubernatorial campaign to begin? They should have laid low. Once the rumors started and the emails were sent, you knew damn well he was going to ask her. It wasn't like she was running for U.S. Senator where national security issues are paramount and technically 911 would be a related subject.

jmdrake
06-17-2013, 01:14 PM

And Rachel Maddow had a right to attack Rand on the civil rights act. It was still a rotten move. Rand could have answered the question better and since then he has. Oh and Medina answered Becks initial stupid question. But he went on to try to attack her supporters. She should have said "They have every right to believe what they want to the issue, I don't ask about it. Next question."

Sure, he had every right to.

Didn't mean he had to.

Exactly. Just because you have a "right" to do something doesn't make it the "right" thing to do.

jmdrake
06-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Anyway, back to the thread. I praise Michael Savage when he gets it right. Not just the "We happen to both agree that Obamacare sucks" but going on and getting it right in a way that goes against mainstream republicanism. Same for El Rushbo (very rare). I'm glad Beck is saying the right stuff about Snowden. I still don't trust Beck.

Warlord
06-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Anyway, back to the thread. I praise Michael Savage when he gets it right. Not just the "We happen to both agree that Obamacare sucks" but going on and getting it right in a way that goes against mainstream republicanism. Same for El Rushbo (very rare). I'm glad Beck is saying the right stuff about Snowden. I still don't trust Beck.

Savage goes further than all of them by quoting directly from PrisonPlanet but he doesn't have much time for Rand unlike Beck so a bit of a mixed bag if you ask an old Warlord.

CaptUSA
06-17-2013, 04:42 PM
I just watched this again. Sure, I have my issues with Beck, but damn the guy has talent!

I don't think his impact on the 2010 midterms can be understated. If it wasn't for him, the Tea Party swing would have never have happened. Yeah, I know he screwed it up, but there were a lot of people woken up during that time.

Too bad he wasn't giving this speech at 5:00 on Fox. It would caused a little cogintive dissonance among the Fox drones.

kahless
06-17-2013, 05:16 PM
I just watched this again. Sure, I have my issues with Beck, but damn the guy has talent!

I don't think his impact on the 2010 midterms can be understated. If it wasn't for him, the Tea Party swing would have never have happened. Yeah, I know he screwed it up, but there were a lot of people woken up during that time.

Too bad he wasn't giving this speech at 5:00 on Fox. It would caused a little cogintive dissonance among the Fox drones.

Instead we have Greg Gutless at 5pm who at one time I thought was entertaining on 'The Five' but now causes me to tune out. He has gone full Neocon on this issue. He is in total denial, trust of government in the name of safety. Him and Boiling duke it out over the 4th amendment which Gutless seems to have little regard for.

PSYOP
06-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Good job, Glenn. Though I expect he'll go back to full-blown neocon mode come 2016 when he cheers on Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio.