PDA

View Full Version : Bob Schieffer Ruthlessly Attacks Edward Snowden

AuH20
06-16-2013, 11:08 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/16/i-dont-remember-martin-luther-king-jr-or-rosa-parks-hiding-in-china-snowden-slammed/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QAS7zbVzss8

kahless
06-16-2013, 11:33 PM
We get it Bob, Snowden is no hero to you since he has the wrong skin color.

NewRightLibertarian
06-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I guess he should stick around and get tortured by the insane paranoid terrorist government. Then he'd be a real hero to this fossil.

sailingaway
06-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Related: Glenn Greenwald: Bob Schieffer, Ron Paul and journalistic “objectivity” http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?418353-Glenn-Greenwald-Bob-Schieffer-Ron-Paul-and-journalistic-%93objectivity%94

Constitutional Paulicy
06-16-2013, 11:49 PM
This guy is maddening.

AuH20
06-16-2013, 11:50 PM
This guy is maddening.

And he was a presidential debate moderator for Christ's sake!!!

Anti Federalist
06-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Who the fuck is Bob Scheifer?

ETA - Oh, a Manhattan elite willing to rain down death and destruction on millions of people around the globe and shred any last remaining rights and liberties in this once free nation, so he thinks he will never have to be nervous about his daughter's whereabouts again.

Good thing she wasn't in Boston, eh Bob?

FOAD why don't you?

“I know eleven people who died or lost a member of their family on 9/11,” Schieffer added. “My younger daughter lived in Manhattan then. It was six hours before we knew she was safe. I’m not interested in going through that again. I don’t know yet if the government has over-reached since 9/11 to reinforce our defenses, and we need to find out. What I do know, though, is that these procedures were put in place and are being overseen by officials we elected and we should hold them accountable.”

And, umm, how do you propose to do this, WHEN YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THESE "OFFICIALS" ARE DOING???

FOAD...again, just FOAD.

kahless
06-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Who the fuck is Bob Scheifer?

He used to run a brewery and had a beer named after him that was fairly popular in the 1970s. Not much was heard from him or his beer since then until today.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2013, 12:08 AM
He used to run a brewery and had a beer named after him that was fairly popular in the 1970s. Not much was heard from him or his beer since then until today.

http://www.adclassix.com/images/59schaeferbeer.jpg

kahless
06-17-2013, 12:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S55flvOyP48

Anti Federalist
06-17-2013, 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S55flvOyP48

LOL - I had forgotten that jingle.

economics102
06-17-2013, 01:51 AM
Fuck you Bob.

By your logic, if I push a pedestrian out of the way of an oncoming car, I am not a hero unless I also dive in front of the car myself and take the hit.

How are we supposed to hold elected leaders accountable for things we don't know they're doing?

DamianTV
06-17-2013, 02:03 AM
Fuck you Bob.

By your logic, if I push a pedestrian out of the way of an oncoming car, I am not a hero unless I also dive in front of the car myself and take the hit.

How are we supposed to hold elected leaders accountable for things we don't know they're doing?

+Rep

Exactly what those in power want. They want to be able to watch EVERY move you make, and you can not know ANY move they make.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2013, 02:06 AM
I guess he should stick around and get tortured by the insane paranoid terrorist government. Then he'd be a real hero to this fossil.

It's not his age; he is just a traitor.

UWDude
06-17-2013, 02:09 AM
The word narcissist keeps coming up in the press, in relation to Snowden. I know the NSA profile wouldn't be foolish enough to say that. It's just an insult because they can think of nothing else, and it evokes generational conflict, (TIME magazine called Millennials narcissists most of it's article about them a month ago, until the very end, when it said, "or maybe not")
I would think a narcissist would have more pictures of himself, and at least a facebook.

Amazingly, what it is, is psychological projection. Most media and political personalities are narcissists. And that is for real.

They are trying to divide on generational lines, but I know tons of people, if paying attention, are alarmed by Snowdens revelations, regardless of age. The media is saying old people are OK with all this. Bull shit. Old people remember freedom. They remember times a society like this, with big brother watching, was unthinkable.

This news has shaken any aware, (not awake, awake already knew without a doubt this was happening), aware American to their core. Even the talking heads spinning damage control have their doubts. I know they do.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2013, 02:13 AM
Yeah, but unless they are watching closely, which most are not, they are in the process of being played. I heard Ms. Lindsey on the TV today claiming that he (ms. lindsey) was in support of getting warrants, that it was about foreign communications coming into the country, etc. and that was what the NSA had been doing. That Snowden was a traitor who had a problem with that. I am paraphrasing of course.

If you didn't know that Ms. Lindsey was lying like a big dog, you would think, well, I have no problem with that.

UWDude
06-17-2013, 02:24 AM
They are obfuscating, and lying, trying to put the genie back in the bottle.

Only problem is, Snowden has a lot more to release I think, and every time, their lies will be put on display... ..I hope. The more they lie, the more gets revealed.

Don't forget, he is still releasing tidbits of information.... ...sabotaging the G-8 today by announcing Britain had spied on Russia during the G-20 in Britain. LoL He seems to have some kind of plan to just humiliate the united states and the west, and bring all of their lies and hypocrisies to light.

It is poetic justice, for an agency that was gathering up all this information illegally to use against its own citizens and the peoples of the world, eventually. US intelligence has done it through history over and over again, on peaceful, peaceful protesters. NSA is calling environmental protesters and groups terrorists. Just like Erdogan.

How much NSA stuff was used to topple governments? Was its meta data used in Syria? How much you want to bet they used it to find he crooked and corrupt generals in the Syrian army, and then, knowing these people are bribe-able, bribed them. Brilliant, put the most crooked generals in command of an army, and then hopefully a war torn country.

Also, it's kind of funny, but the left right paradigm has failed on this one, leaving the American people to ponder the question themselves. What the talking heads say is irrelevant, because they are laughing or crying from both the left and right. And most talking heads are hated now anyway. Therefore, the debate cannot be polarized on classic lines. This leaves the average tv news viewer confused. He/she doesn't know which side to pick, as they are so used to picking librul or conservative. Instead, they are left with a gut decision, based upon how it makes them feel to know the NSA is watching them, in a country they thought was free.

Even more amazing, is unlike most issues, this issue hits close to home, so it can't just be ignored by those stuck in the left/right paradigm, too lazy to give it thought. They have to make a decision about it.

06-17-2013, 05:33 AM
“For one thing, I don’t remember Martin Luther King Jr. or Rosa Parks running off and hiding in China. The people who led the civil rights movement were willing to break the law and suffer the consequences. That’s a little different than putting the nation’s security at risk and running away.”

They got due process. They didn't have to worry about getting rendered or droned extrajudicially.

vita3
06-17-2013, 05:47 AM
Old man needs to be removed from public discourse.

tod evans
06-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Who's to say Snowden won't "come home and face the music"?

The music is still being written and until he's had his say, I believe he is wise to stay as far away from the DOJ and all her subordinates as possible.

There's a big difference between being silenced and facing the music.

LibertyEagle
06-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Old man needs to be removed from public discourse.

His age has nothing to do with it.

surf
06-17-2013, 11:12 AM
His age has nothing to do with it.his age has everything to do with it. i wrote on another page here that he has the look and sound of a grandfatherly wise old man that has "seen enough" to project better than some young libertarian dude.

this is tv.

UWDude
06-17-2013, 11:30 AM
They got due process. They didn't have to worry about getting rendered or droned extrajudicially.

Kng didn't get much due process, and was executed by the FBI, just like Malcolm X.

The whole "he ran to china, traitor" line is ridiculous. Everybody sees what happened to manning, nobody in their right mind would think about blowing the whistle like this, and then waiting around to be tortured to death by America's experienced sadists.

Anti Federalist
06-17-2013, 12:09 PM
The word narcissist keeps coming up in the press, in relation to Snowden. I know the NSA profile wouldn't be foolish enough to say that. It's just an insult because they can think of nothing else, and it evokes generational conflict, (TIME magazine called Millennials narcissists most of it's article about them a month ago, until the very end, when it said, "or maybe not")
I would think a narcissist would have more pictures of himself, and at least a facebook.

Amazingly, what it is, is psychological projection. Most media and political personalities are narcissists. And that is for real.

They are trying to divide on generational lines, but I know tons of people, if paying attention, are alarmed by Snowdens revelations, regardless of age. The media is saying old people are OK with all this. Bull shit. Old people remember freedom. They remember times a society like this, with big brother watching, was unthinkable.

This news has shaken any aware, (not awake, awake already knew without a doubt this was happening), aware American to their core. Even the talking heads spinning damage control have their doubts. I know they do.

Thanks for pointing that out, and for this "old folk" that is damn right.

I remember what it was like to be able to walk in the sunshine and not be under total surveillance and I weep for the future.

Brian4Liberty
06-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Bob Schieffer, Senior Propaganda Minister, Ministry of Truth.

And a scumbag.