PDA

View Full Version : SWAT raid over student loans

devil21
06-16-2013, 03:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwxPNcN42r8&feature=player_embedded#!

At least the conclusion that it's making an example is accurate.

tod evans
06-16-2013, 03:49 AM
WTF?

Name the judge that signed that order...

amy31416
06-16-2013, 05:50 AM
If I recall correctly, it was allegedly due to student loan fraud, not simply a delinquent loan.

Obviously though, a raid is so far beyond the realm of a sane solution whether it's fraud or delinquent loans.

tod evans
06-16-2013, 06:20 AM
Tax dollars spent for government employees to authorize the loan.

More tax dollars spent on the actual loan.

And even more spent on a show of force trying to collect..

And we're not even started yet!

Don't forget all the money required to run the DOJ and the prison/parole complex...

Boy I sure feel good about how government is managing money!:rolleyes:

AFPVet
06-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Fraud is not a SWATTABLE offense. This is just another example of excessive use of force and misuse of SWAT.

Kotin
06-16-2013, 01:04 PM
didn't it turn out to be a hoax and that guy is a cop?? for some reason I remember that..

HOLLYWOOD
06-16-2013, 01:22 PM
I'd like to know the cost to taxpayers are for all these 'Storm Troopers', chasing Student Loans, eg; scheduling, travel, per diem, hotels, retirements, expenses, intel, NSA sharing, etc, etc. Astronomical costs!

The costs incurred, must be way, way, more than the outstanding loan amounts... man, this is becoming worse than Nazi Germany

Philhelm
06-16-2013, 01:48 PM
I would not be surprised if the amount of money spent was greater than the amount of the loan. It's like a dog chasing its tail.

kcchiefs6465
06-16-2013, 02:21 PM
IIRC the FBI conducts somewhere around a dozen of these raids yearly.

It isn't for not paying your loan, it is for signing up for school loans, the grants, and then never going to class.

I'm not too sure how they pick who they are going to arrest for it because thousands, if not tens of thousands, of people do it yearly.

Occam's Banana
06-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Not that it makes it any less outrageous or worthy of discussion (it certainly doesn't), but just to be clear - this happened a couple of years ago:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297386-Disputed-that-USDOE-%28SWAT%29-breaks-down-family-s-door-for-defaulted-student-loan

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?297451-BREAKING-Home-Raided-By-SWAT-for-Student-Loans-dup

heavenlyboy34
06-16-2013, 04:22 PM
I'd like to know the cost to taxpayers are for all these 'Storm Troopers', chasing Student Loans, eg; scheduling, travel, per diem, hotels, retirements, expenses, intel, NSA sharing, etc, etc. Astronomical costs!

The costs incurred, must be way, way, more than the outstanding loan amounts... man, this is becoming worse than Nazi Germany
Reported for dissidence and thoughtcrime.

heavenlyboy34
06-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Mr Franchi is fooling himself if he thinks Boobus will participate in an open revolution anytime soon. I can almost guarantee that Boobus will not fight back until it's too inconvenient not to.

jclay2
06-16-2013, 04:30 PM
God these swat team members are a bunch of morons.

Occam's Banana
06-16-2013, 04:37 PM

I would not be surprised if the amount of money spent was greater than the amount of the loan. It's like a dog chasing its tail.

Unfortunately, it's actually an upward-progressing spiral - a nice little piece of "synergy" with a big payback.

First, they pump fiat into the economy via the "education" market (for the benefit of all the usual suspects).

Then, they mete out an "education" that promotes & assures acceptance of and acquiescence to the system at large.

Then, they follow up by providing "spot" demonstrations (via arbitrary "stormtrooperings" such as this one) that anything but complete submission & compliance will not be tolerated.

As expensive as it may be, the return-on-investment is enormous ...

Philhelm
06-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately, it's actually an upward-progressing spiral - a nice little piece of "synergy" with a big payback.

First, they pump fiat into the economy via the "education" market (for the benefit of all the usual suspects).

Then, they mete out an "education" that promotes & assures acceptance of and acquiescence to the system at large.

Then, they follow up by providing "spot" demonstrations (via arbitrary "stormtrooperings" such as this one) that anything but complete submission & compliance will not be tolerated.

As expensive as it may be, the return-on-investment is enormous ...

True. In the end, it seems like all roads lead to the Federal Reserve.

AFPVet
06-17-2013, 11:15 AM
IIRC the FBI conducts somewhere around a dozen of these raids yearly.

It isn't for not paying your loan, it is for signing up for school loans, the grants, and then never going to class.

I'm not too sure how they pick who they are going to arrest for it because thousands, if not tens of thousands, of people do it yearly.

We called it 'check chasing', but once again, it is misuse of SWAT resources and unlawful use of force. When I was a cop, we would simply have a couple of uniforms knock on their door and serve the warrant. My county didn't even have a SWAT team... we didn't need it one. SWAT is only supposed to be used for hostage or other serious situations. If something like that happened in my country, sure, we could call a metro area SWAT, but that never happened.