PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Fast Food Paul?

Matthew Zak
11-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I went to Arby's today, and I wanted to shout through the intercom that everyone should vote for Ron Paul. However I didn't want anyone to spit in my Roast Beef with Bacon sandwich so I refrained. But that thought turned into an idea.

This is kind of obscure, kind of bold, kind of random, and, well, it could be kind of stupid. But if executed, we could achieve something.

I was pondering ways that we could get Ron Paul's message to people and it hit me... you know those donate to children boxes beneath most drive through windows? Could stick a Ron Paul slimjim in there. And also, while ordering food, ask for the "Ron Paul value meal". They will surely ask you to repeat yourself, and when you do, you say, "The RON PAUL Liberty fries, two for a buck?! Has that promotion started yet?" It will surely get everyone's attention, and they won't forget the name Ron Paul. The manager might even call the general manager to find out whether or not there is such a promotion, as skeptical as they may be about it. The GM would most likely ask their employee to repeat themselves, and once they do, it may influence the GM to call their regional manager and ask them the same thing.

If we chose a restaurant chain such as McDonalds, and we bombarded them with this hoax, it would surely circulate to every regional manager in the country, even if that location doesn't get "hit". Because if enough people did this, the entire corporation may think that the nation has been given false information. Believe me, if a dozen GMs call their regional manager, the regional manager is going to call their boss to ask what is going on and what to do about it.

There are at least 100 of us here at all times, sometimes up to 500 in a day. If we pick a day, such as November 28th (this Wednesday) it would give people enough time to google Ron Paul and hear the message of freedom in time for the November 30th money bomb.

Is this a stupid idea or does it have potential?

TechnoGuyRob
11-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Normally, I would agree with you it's stupid and crazy...

...but we ARE dealing with McDonalds employees here. :p I say go for it. I'll try it some time.

RedLightning
11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I actually work at an arbys please don't make my day even more painful...

I have been thinking about putting slimjims into bags though...

10thAmendmentMan
11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Could stick a Ron Paul slimjim in there. And also, while ordering food, ask for the "Ron Paul value meal". They will surely ask you to repeat yourself, and when you do, you say, "The RON PAUL Liberty fries, two for a buck?! Has that promotion started yet?" It will surely get everyone's attention...

Not all attention is GOOD attention.

Matthew Zak
11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
The employee would probably just say, "No that's not our promo, sorry" and it would be the end of it. I don't think it would complicate anyone's day beyond a phone call or two.

Meh. I was just thinking of a way to get Ron Pauls name to thousands of people in one day.

RedLightning
11-26-2007, 05:44 PM
You could hand out flyers to the employees.

sirachman
11-26-2007, 05:52 PM
I have been giving slimjims to fast-food drive through attendants for the past two months, where have you guys been?

^^

mkrfctr
11-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I liked the vandalism method - stick RP stickers to the order window areas and such - people sit next to those for minutes at a time waiting with nothing else to do

and bathroom stalls and such

don't complain ppl, a minor act of civil disobedience for the restoration of civil liberties for all Americans ...

besides a bunch of you advocate hanging signs on overpasses, putting signs on telephone polls, littering by leaving business cards and slim jims in grocery stores and such, etc etc

Ginobili
11-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I myself am banned from two walmarts in florida for advertising Ron Paul over the intercom, so... go for it!

Matthew Zak
11-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Just imagine every McDonalds drive through window putting up a sign that reads, "Contrary to what you may have heard, there is no Promotion regarding Ron Paul Liberty fries or anything else having anything to do with Ron Paul, so please don't ask -- the Mcdonald's team." Thousands, maybe Millions of people would see that.

Tarzan
11-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Is this a stupid idea or does it have potential?

I would suggest different tactics. Stay away from things that are not legal (posting materials on someone else's property) and go for the things that are acceptable.

Go around to your neighbors and hand out slim jims. Put a RP sign in your yard. Review the Ron Paul Volunteer Training Videos (https://www.ronpaul2008.com/volunteer/). Have a RP party at your house. Get familiar with RPs Position on the Issues (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/) then start talking with people you meet. Wear a Ron Paul shirt everywhere you can. Convert your neighbors and have them do the same. Start a local group and try some of the positive suggestions at this thread Strategies for Success (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)

For the sake of the campaign and all of us please keep it legal. Don't post signs illegally, don't put flyers in mailboxes... stay kosher and stay positive.

Checkout this thread as well Ideas to Promote Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28026)

good luck to us all

mkrfctr
11-26-2007, 06:01 PM
If you do anything that says "McDonald's Management" or something similar on it, someone will tell the manager, the manager will call Corporate, Corporate will send out a notice/email to all the stores that it is not legit and to check their property and remove any such items.

If it's just a round RP08 sticker or something it would be up to the individual store to remove it, and of course some would be lazy or not care or not notice it, etc etc