PDA

View Full Version : Dozier School For Boys: 50 Graves Discovered Fl. Politicians Try To Stop Forensic Search

sailingaway
06-15-2013, 07:03 PM
http://thewhitehouseboysonline.com/GLEN-VARNADOE-REQUEST-PAGE.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/us/10dozier.html?_r=0

From the time it opened in 1900, as the state’s first home for wayward children, until it closed in 2011, as a residential center for high-risk youths, Dozier became synonymous with beatings, abuse, forced labor, neglect and, in some cases, death. It survived Congressional hearings, state hearings and state investigations. Each one turned the spotlight on horrific conditions, and little changed.

But now, spurred on by families of the dead boys and scores of former students — now old men — forensic anthropologists from the University of South Florida have spent the last year using sophisticated radar equipment to search for answers beneath the 1,400-acre campus.

Decades after some of the worst abuses, former students have come forward to talk of brutal and repeated beatings; the families of some of the dead want dignity for those they lost. The crosses, they say, are an afterthought. They want to know more: where the children are buried and how they died, and whether the deaths were accidental, intentional or simply the result of illness. And they want the bodies brought home.

“What happened, happened, and I am willing to forgive,” said Glen Varnadoe, whose Uncle Thomas was sent to the school in 1934 after he was accused — falsely, the family says — of stealing a typewriter from a neighbor’s yard in Brooksville. Thomas was declared dead of pneumonia a month later. “But I want my uncle’s remains, and I want to return him to his rightful place, next to his mother,” he said. “He was 13. He didn’t do anything but walk across a backyard.”

The anthropology team has focused largely on Boot Hill, which during the segregation era was a documented cemetery on the African-American side of campus. So far, the team has located 50 grave shafts there, 19 more than a 2009 Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigation said existed. And with the help of school, state and historical records, they have counted at least 98 deaths dating from 1913 to 1960.

Their search was stymied last year when the state tried to sell the property. But a court order halted that. The team now has permission from the state to keep searching.

“With the possibility of additional graves on the Dozier School property, I asked that the Department of Environmental Protection refrain from selling the land to allow for further research into this very disturbing matter,” said Attorney General Pam Bondi.

Dr. Erin Kimmerle, who is leading the team, said she believed that more boys were probably buried at the school. It is highly unlikely, she said, that black and white children at the school, in northern Florida, would have been laid to rest in the same cemetery before desegregation, which means that white boys, like Thomas Varnadoe, may be buried elsewhere. Documents and witnesses make mention of other burial spots, but none are directly identified.

Some families of the dead want their boys found, exhumed and brought home. The state and the district medical examiner’s office, which can exhume decades-old bodies if the deaths appear suspicious, are still considering whether to grant permission.

alucard13mm
06-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Probably some sexual abuse and rape... and I bet someone powerful is behind it and is trying to cover it up.

sailingaway
06-15-2013, 09:59 PM
You would think it would be a no brainer if you find unknown kid graves that you investigate.

Origanalist
06-15-2013, 10:05 PM
This is the stuff nightmares are made of. I have already heard about this, I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere. So many stories of humanity's capacity for evil, sometimes there's just a limit to what you can absorb.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Bump. As someone that has seen this type of crap time and again, it needs to be investigated. The problem is not the government. It's a vast number of people in the society just like the government. Government is a symptom. My experience is one of the favorite ploys of evil men is to go to the government to get something done, file false charges even when they are in the act of committing crimes, and use it to steal - particularly property at the local level.

The government has become the tool of those in this society who are evil, and not as a method to protect you from evil. Every gun control advocate is just a mugger on the street wanting their victim unarmed, and they know where they need to go to get help in it.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 10:13 PM
"“What happened, happened, and I am willing to forgive,” said Glen Varnadoe, whose Uncle Thomas was sent to the school in 1934 after he was accused — falsely, the family says — of stealing a typewriter from a neighbor’s yard in Brooksville. Thomas was declared dead of pneumonia a month later. “But I want my uncle’s remains, and I want to return him to his rightful place, next to his mother,” he said. “He was 13. He didn’t do anything but walk across a backyard.”

And some nasty neighbor paid a small bribe and got a 13 year old murdered. It's a lot easier than committing murder yourself! You might get caught.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 10:29 PM
This is the stuff nightmares are made of. I have already heard about this, I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere. So many stories of humanity's capacity for evil, sometimes there's just a limit to what you can absorb.

But not in the United States. The United States is basically good. The public schools say that. And we must get rid of the Bible out of schools, because it says people aren't basically good. It gets in the way of our propaganda! The mob is basically good, if you think otherwise, you are un-PC, and maybe need to be detained.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 10:33 PM
And fyi I don't think we should have public schools for just this reason.

The experiment to change America by progressives, marxists, and who-ever else was doing it has failed. People are not automatically good. You shouldn't trust strangers with your life, raising your kids, what the truth is, or anything else. Back to the individual. Individuals that are armed to defend specifically themselves.

Origanalist
06-15-2013, 10:36 PM

The experiment to change America by progressives, marxists, and who-ever else was doing it has failed. People are not automatically good. You shouldn't trust strangers with your life, raising your kids, what the truth is, or anything else. Back to the individual. Individuals that are armed to defend specifically themselves.

To which I give a hearty Amen!

sailingaway
06-15-2013, 10:38 PM

I think the opposite. People are inherently good, but those drawn to power over others, ie to government, less so.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 10:40 PM
To which I give a hearty Amen!

Thank You :)

I was just on a role tonight thinking of all the jackals in my school. No, it's not just the teachers, it's also the teachers children and whoever else is in the "party". You might miss that, thinking it's just the teachers, but it's well stakes out to be manipulative both above and within groups. They'll not just training some kids to be serfs, but other kids (their own) on how to control the new serfs.

Was thinking of some splendid specific examples from my own life, besides alreadying knowing that social engineering pretty much created the modern school system for that engineering, and how the communists did it in Russia.

I feel like I've been in a psych ward remembering some of it.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 10:43 PM
I think the opposite. People are inherently good, but those drawn to power over others, ie to government, less so.

Which people are those?

I only trust people who know trust is earned, and you shouldn't be expecting trust from me if you haven't earned it from me. I'm not into welfare for trust. In God we trust. Who are you?

helmuth_hubener
06-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Preach on, Spirit! Preach on!

I thought my school experience was unjust and oppressive. If I'd been sent here, I would be bending every effort toward escaping.

Origanalist
06-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Thank You :)

I was just on a role tonight thinking of all the jackals in my school. No, it's not just the teachers, it's also the teachers children and whoever else is in the "party". You might miss that, thinking it's just the teachers, but it's well stakes out to be manipulative both above and within groups. They'll not just training some kids to be serfs, but other kids (their own) on how to control the new serfs.

Was thinking of some splendid specific examples from my own life, besides alreadying knowing that social engineering pretty much created the modern school system for that engineering, and how the communists did it in Russia.

I feel like I've been in a psych ward remembering some of it.

No, I remember quite well. And my kids endured the same. I remember coaching my kids from a young age and by the time they hit jr. and sr. high they excelled at sports. But they were turned into bench riders while more "connected" kids with half of their abilities were starters. Just one example of many.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 10:45 PM
FYI I took that line from the story that "A Christmas Story" is based on - where it is "all others pay cash". It may sound cynical, but it has Biblical support - ie: Let God be true, and everyman a liar. (Romans 3:4).

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 10:53 PM
No, I remember quite well. And my kids endured the same. I remember coaching my kids from a young age and by the time they hit jr. and sr. high they excelled at sports. But they were turned into bench riders while more "connected" kids with half of their abilities were starters. Just one example of many.

I remember things like that. But I also remember things like my scores being changed and having to fish them out of the dumpster and get a lawyer, and other scores being changed likewise with some nasty gameplaying, preventing me going to a prom and our senior trip because of the teachers and wealthy students again - whose school chaperon then helped them have an orgy (all of them, small class of 17 students, and the whole town knew about it), etc etc.

Oh and the time they tried to file a false charge on me when I was 17, so I'd miss the final exam in our last class and couldn't graduate. Didn't work, and on testing for the same subject on a State exam, I was the third highest in the whole state and received a certificate. I wasn't liked much because they couldn't put me down as easily because I was intelligent.

That was just high school. I've been up to the highest levels in the education system, and it just gets more political.

And you know what? That is hardly the worst I've seen from "the good of the people" (tm).

The government is a scarecrow. It's the people that are the problem. If the people were basically good, they wouldn't have let the government be what it is. I know I've been trying to change it for 30 years. Where were these *good* people. Oh yeah, they were busy fucking around in orgies, lying cheating, raping, and in this story, sending out their kids to be murdered.

While doing all that to their neighbors, they have managed to make money and receive government assistance in various forms - again from their neighbors. It's a huge communist system and public schools play a vary big role in conditioning the serfs to be serfs, and other kids on how to manage the system OVER the serfs - typically the teacher's kids, wealthy kids, etc.

"In questions of power let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." - Thomas Jefferson

Origanalist
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Outta rep, I was forced out of my high school. Small town also, he (The Principal)was determined and I pretty much said screw it. I did go back in another town a year later but just settled for GED classes.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 11:07 PM
One wonders if sometimes the wrong problem is being attacked. The vast majority of people profiting off it and using it to do wrong are never exposed. It's like a light shield.

A good old time preacher would tell the people they need to repent and aren't good (the opposite as posted above), and would probably list a whole bunch of examples we don't talk about in politics. It isn't political telling most people they are just murdering, lying, stealing, cheating, cussing, cursing, and wicked. Not political at all.

And who do the same types of people in the school Politburo usually attack? Those old time preachers. Don't want preachers, or at least only very liberal ones.

How about someone that stops playing politics, and just says it like it is: The government is a symptom of the people. People do everyday to there neighbors what the government does.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Outta rep, I was forced out of my high school. Small town also, he was determined and I pretty much said screw it. I did go back in another town a year later but just settled for GED classes.

Sorry to hear that. My town was also a small town, and they tried their best. I've been looking at it the last few days in memory, since I've been exposed and survived worse game playing, and experience lets you see things better. It's rot out there.

The thing is, I was always trying my best for others. I was majorly betrayed by people who should have been (and pretended to be friends). You'll see some of the worst sort of evil in life by pretend friends - because to a bad person, it's just a vector of attack. To naive me, no one would do something like that.

Oh fyi - The government is your friend and here to help you.

They must have got that from "the people" (tm).

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Now I wish I bought that beer I said I wasn't going to want tonight lol. Too late now.

Origanalist
06-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Now I wish I bought that beer I said I wasn't going to want tonight lol. Too late now.

Sometimes when you're in a mood, it's for the best to leave the drink alone.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 11:17 PM

Yeah true, but I know my moods, and when I'm in this mood, I cheer up. I'm only appear to be grumpy. That's why I know it would be good. FYI I rarely drink.

Origanalist
06-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Yeah true, but I know my moods, and when I'm in this mood, I cheer up. I'm only appear to be grumpy. That's why I know it would be good. FYI I rarely drink.

CONFUCIUS SAYS ... A man may be a fool and not know it...but not if he is
married.

SpiritOf1776_J4
06-15-2013, 11:29 PM

You're right. Going to lay off it and think about something else. All I have is coffee, and it's hard to relax to. But I should stay prepared and sober. I'm expecting an answer to my prayer.

Origanalist
06-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Your right. Going to lay off it and think about something else. All I have is coffee, and it's hard to relax to. But I should stay prepared and sober. I'm expecting an answer to my prayer.

Well, I hope it's the answer you're looking for my friend.

oyarde
06-16-2013, 11:54 AM

Always get it anyway , just in case.