PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Ted Cruz Speaks in Support of Free and Fair Iranian Elections

Brett85
06-15-2013, 03:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTmqidHJyLo

I'm not posting this in order to criticize Senator Cruz. I agree with him on most issues and think that he's shaking things up in Washington and doing a good job overall. But, people need to understand that he's definitely not one of us on foreign policy issues.

AuH20
06-15-2013, 03:57 PM
He's definitely not Ron Paul on foreign policy issues but he's certainly not John McCain either. I can live with that.

Warlord
06-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Iran has nothing to do with you Cruz, screw you.

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Is Rafael Cruz of Iranian heritage? Why does he care for "fair" elections in Iran but not in Palestine?

Hope he is not on payroll of Obama pup masters too.

Warlord
06-15-2013, 04:02 PM
He says Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism while the US is the biggest one of the lot

Total lack of self-awareness.

Oh LOL he just sad "and I say to the Supreme Leader..".

The Supreme leader replies to Cruz: "screw you"

Brett85
06-15-2013, 04:05 PM
He's definitely not Ron Paul on foreign policy issues but he's certainly not John McCain either. I can live with that.

I don't know. How is he any different than McCain on the Iran issue? He may be less likely than McCain to support humanitarian wars or support foreign aid, but on the issue of Iran at least he seems to be exactly the same as McCain and Graham.

AuH20
06-15-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't know. How is he any different than McCain on the Iran issue? He may be less likely than McCain to support humanatarian wars or support foreign aid, but on the issue of Iran at least he seems to be exactly the same as McCain and Graham.

I don't see Cruz on the Senate floor screaming for military aid and logistical help in Syria. As far as Iran is concerned they are a state sponsor of terrorism thanks to this silent war they have been involved with the US since 1979. The Americans sabotage their reactors and engage in other forms of espionage & then they direct Hezbollah or others to attack Israel. Rinse, repeat. There isn't a clean party in any of this.

Brett85
06-15-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't see Cruz on the Senate floor screaming for military aid and logistical help in Syria. As far as Iran is concerned they are a state sponsor of terrorism thanks to this silent war they have been involved with the US since 1979. The Americans sabotage their reactors and engage in other forms of espionage & then they direct Hezbollah or others to attack Israel. Rinse, repeat. There isn't a clean party in any of this.

He hasn't really said what we should do in Syria. But it doesn't really make much sense to me why he would want to go to war with Iran but not Syria.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Iran does a lot of terrorism sponsoring and they are indeed a theocracy. All the candidates were preapproved by a religious council.

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Iran does a lot of terrorism sponsoring and they are indeed a theocracy. All the candidates were preapproved by a religious council.

What about Saudi Arabia?

Are Rafael or Obama's pup masters afraid to talk about "fair" election there? Or neecon pups have a different war agenda?

How is neecon supported "democracy" in Iraq going these days?
Many of these "fair elections" wars tools could be in war crime trials courts if their immunity was removed.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:22 PM
What about Saudi Arabia?

Are Rafael or Obama's pup masters afraid to talk about "fair" election there? Or neecon pups have a different war agenda?

How is neecon supported "democracy" in Iraq going these days?
Many of these "fair elections" wars tools could be in war crime trials courts if their immunity was removed.

I don't know much about Saudi Arabia and state-sponsored terrorism. There seems to be a lack of information.

I'm guessing oil money gets funded to terrorists somehow.

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't know much about Saudi Arabia and state-sponsored terrorism. There seems to be a lack of information.

I'm guessing oil money gets funded to terrorists somehow.

Guess you are not aware who is sponsoring terrorists massacring Christian villages in Syria these days.

Rafeal Cruz's pup masters could be among prime suspects.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Guess you are not aware who is sponsoring terrorists in Syria these days.

Rafeal Cruz's pup masters could be among prime suspects.

Al-Qaeda, the CIA...

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Your list does not look complete. Rafeal Cruz won't be heard speaking against suicide attacks against Christian ministers in Syria as his own campaign funders masters could be implicated.

Saudi edges Qatar to control Syrian rebel support | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/31/us-syria-crisis-saudi-insight-idUSBRE94U0ZV20130531)

www.reuters.com/.../us- (http://www.reuters.com/.../us-)syria-crisis-saudi-insight-idUSBRE94U0ZV2013...‎
May 31, 2013 – BEIRUT (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia has prevailed over its small but ... them reaching anti-Western rebels, including some aligned with al Qaeda.

Qatar bankrolls Syrian revolt with cash and arms - FT.com (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/86e3f28e-be3a-11e2-bb35-00144feab7de.html)

www.ft.com (http://www.ft.com) › World (http://www.ft.com/world)‎
May 16, 2013 – The gas-rich state of Qatar has spent as much as $3bn over the past two years ... being nudged aside by Saudi Arabia as the prime source of arms to rebels. ... fall into the hands of an al-Qaeda-linked group, Jabhat al-Nusrah.

Syrian rebels commander: Israel has Mossad agents in Syria

04/25/2013 00:28

Israel has "many, many" security services inside Syria, including Mossad agents, the chief of staff of the Free Syrian Army told CNN on Tuesday.

General Salim Idriss also confirmed to CNN that forces loyal to President Bashar Assad have used chemical weapons in the Syrian cities of Homs, Aleppo and Otaiba.

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Syrian-rebels-commander-Israel-has-Mossad-agents-in-Syria-310987''

The General did not say if his lab services were being supplied by these same agents he referred to.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:37 PM
People are accusing Cruz of being a puppet, yet Iran is he ultimate puppet scheme. The Presidential election is democracy for show. The Ayatollah makes all the real decisions.

Iran is one of the places where a democratic government might be the way foward. Their people are more educated and the young people are against theocracy.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Your list does not look complete. Rafeal Cruz won't be heard speaking against suicide attacks against Christian ministers in Syria as his own campaign funders masters could be implicated.

What campaign funders?

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 04:41 PM
People are accusing Cruz of being a puppet, yet Iran is he ultimate puppet scheme. The Presidential election is democracy for show. The Ayatollah makes all the real decisions.

Iran is one of the places where a democratic government might be the way foward. Their people are more educated and the young people are against theocracy.

Palestinians are no less educated than Iranians, they deserve democracy and freedom more than anyone from American standpoint since our tax dollars are being used to suppress democratic rights there. Not to mention land where Jesus once walked is far more important than Iran that gets no aid from US tax payers. That is why Rafel Cruz's statment is puzzling.

He needs to wake up before someone calls for "free and fair" re-election for his senate seat, this time monies from foreign lobbies to candidates banned.

Warlord
06-15-2013, 04:42 PM

Reminds me of the US except replace "Ayatollah" with "Bilderberg" or "small group of elites"

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Reminds me of the US except replace "Ayatollah" with "Bilderberg" or "small group of elites"

The Bilderberg does not control our elections.

Warlord
06-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Taft. do you want to free the fuck out of Iran? Haven't you learned anything over the last, say, 60 years?

Warlord
06-15-2013, 04:44 PM
The Bilderberg does not control our elections.

Yes they do. Clinton visited before becoming President. A small group of elites decides who the president is. No different to Iran.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Palestinians are no less educated than Iranians, they deserve democracy and freedom more than anyone from American standpoint since our tax dollars are being used to suppress democratic rights there. Not to mention land where Jesus once walked is far more important than Iran that gets no aid from US tax payers. That is why Rafel Cruz's statment is puzzling.

I thought they do vote.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Yes they do. Clinton visited before becoming President. A small group of elites decides who the president is. No different to Iran.

That sounds ridiculous and you know it.

Warlord
06-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Iran has democracy and its got nothing to do with you so stay out of it Taft... that's what the real Taft would say

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 04:48 PM
What campaign funders?

Start with this foreign lobby's donors lists that has been trying to push US into war with Iran since before President Bush started prosecution of its leaders for anti-American Espionage :

Political Leaders Stand with Israel - Aipac (http://www.aipac.org/statementsofsupport)

AIPAC - AMERICA'S PRO-ISRAEL LOBBY .... Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL). Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL). Rep. Dennis Ross ..... Senator-elect Ted Cruz (R-TX) ...

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Taft. do you want to free the fuck out of Iran? Haven't you learned anything over the last, say, 60 years?

Do I want them to be free? Yes. I don't want the U.S. to try and make that happen though.

In some cases, such as Iraq and Syria, they are better off with a secular dictator. Minorities are generally protected very well.

In Iran though, they are a theocracy. Theoretically they are supposed to protect minorities, however in practice that is not the case. If a Muslim Brotherhood was to rise it would be pointless, but the people of Iran are more educated and liberal I think.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Iran has democracy and its got nothing to do with you so stay out of it Taft... that's what the real Taft would say

Bullshit. 6 preapproved candidates. This contrarianism is getting insane to the extent people defend Iran.

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Do I want them to be free?

Do you want Palestinians to be free?

What do you think caused 9/11? Did Iran democracy have anything to do with 9/11?

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Do you want Palestinians to be free?

Yes, in their own country.

There is a land dispute. One needs to stay and one needs to go, unless they want to get along, which they don't.

Israel isn't going anywhere, that much is clear.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 04:56 PM
One of the best things we could do is left Iranian sanctions as it is killing any chance that the educated Iranians can take over the country. I could see Iran being the next Ottoman's if they could just depose the rulers. Just look at them before the Iranian Revolution.

Most of the rest of the Middle East is too dogmatic and underdeveloped for democracy.

Islamic radical rule-whether democratic or dictatorial-is not what the Middle East needs.

Where secular monarchy or secular democracy will work, that is what we should want.

kcchiefs6465
06-15-2013, 05:01 PM
That sounds ridiculous and you know it.
The topics are narrow. No real changes between the two aside from rhetoric. (D's and R's)

I don't see much difference. (I am not well versed on Iranian elections however)

Zionists control our foreign policy. Or maybe it would be fairer to say that our foreign policy caters to the Zionists. In that respect, our elections are theocratically motivated as well. You hear it time and time again - who is more friendly to Israel. (as well as the demonization of Dr. Paul for speaking truth on the matter and wishing to end foreign aid) I saw many slanderous exposés on how Ron Paul is anti-Israel basically equating him an Anti-Semite. (as anyone who questions this undying allegiance to Israel is) To say that the AIPAC is not playing a role in our political system would be naïve. Going to the Western Wall is a rite of passage, pledging unconditional support to Israel is expected, and supporting their campaign of terror is required. (not that our campaign of terror is any better, it's actually worse) I've always wondered how two American presidential nominees can be on television arguing over who is more friendly to Israel.

Ted Cruz was good with gun rights and helping with Rand Paul's filibuster. I'd never consider voting for him though. Principle to me requires many issues. Perhaps I am not cut out for poli-ticks.

So with that being said I am going the route of educating people as Mr. Ben Swann and Dr. Paul have recommended. As Dr. Paul stated the other day, he doesn't have much hope in how the SCOTUS would rule with regards to datamining and that he thought education is the most important step to regaining the republic. I respect your decision to do what you see as the best option. I'm sure we are all on the same page with regards to the change we want. We all have opinions on how to best accomplish that though and that is where the unnecessary threads and bickering comes from.

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Yes, in their own country.

There is a land dispute. One needs to stay and one needs to go, unless they want to get along, which they don't.

Israel isn't going anywhere, that much is clear.

That is also an issue, but why you think Rafeal Cruz called for fair elections in Iran but not in Palestine where people are living under occupation using money that Cruz is paying? Don't you think this makes Rafel look like a cheap hypocrite or ignoramus? Funding suppression of democratic rights/right for self-determination at one place and calling for "fair" elections in a sovereign nation that does not take any aid from us?

kcchiefs6465
06-15-2013, 05:11 PM
One of the best things we could do is left Iranian sanctions as it is killing any chance that the educated Iranians can take over the country. I could see Iran being the next Ottoman's if they could just depose the rulers. Just look at them before the Iranian Revolution.

Ah hem. It is hard to mention the Iranian Revolution without mentioning our meddling in their affairs in the '50s. Specifically the overthrow of Mohammed Mossadegh and installation of the Shah. The training of the SAVAK and the oppression the people of Iran were under. Many disappeared and/or were tortured. There was a CIA made tape showing how to torture women that was found after the revolution.

These types of things impede progress and make people despise us.

Now the sanctions which is only increasing nationalism and negatively affecting the poor. Ted Cruz does not see it this way apparently. Or is it because we are so exceptional that we can rape, pillage, unleash death squads and overthrow governments without repercussion?

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 05:18 PM
That is also an issue, but why you think Rafeal Cruz called for fair elections in Iran but not in Palestine where people are living under occupation using money that Cruz is paying? Don't you think this makes Rafel look like a cheap hypocrite or ignoramus? Funding suppression of democratic right at one place and calling for "fair" elections in a soverign nation that does not take any aid from us?

I did some searching and Palestinians can vote in Israeli elections, as well as PNA elections.

Occam's Banana
06-15-2013, 05:18 PM

So? Iran was a well-educated, secular democracy once before. Didn't matter a damn bit. We fixed that for them in 1953.

We should just leave them the hell alone. Cruz et al. should find some other tree to bark up.

kcchiefs6465
06-15-2013, 05:19 PM
So? Iran was a well-educated, secular democracy once before. Didn't matter a damn bit. We fixed that for them in 1953.

We should just leave them the hell alone. Cruz et al. should find some other tree to bark up.
Preferably no tree to bark up.

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Is there any quick way to check how much money Rafael Cruz has received to date from pro-Iran war lobbies working for interests of foreign states?

Next election on his Texas Senate seat need to be truly fair and free on a level field for all with no money to any candidate from shady foreign lobbies involved in espionage and other politician purchasing activities in America for interests of foreign states.

Same transparency exercise needs to be done for funding of election campsigns of Obama, Rubio and other assorted lobbies plants.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Ah hem. It is hard to mention the Iranian Revolution without mentioning our meddling in their affairs in the '50s. Specifically the overthrow of Mohammed Mossadegh and installation of the Shah. The training of the SAVAK and the oppression the people of Iran were under. Many disappeared and/or were tortured. There was a CIA made tape showing how to torture women that was found after the revolution.

These types of things impede progress and make people despise us.

Now the sanctions which is only increasing nationalism and negatively affecting the poor. Ted Cruz does not see it this way apparently. Or is it because we are so exceptional that we can rape, pillage, unleash death squads and overthrow governments without repercussion?

I don't disagree with that and actually makes my point better. If we hasn't had intervened, Iran would still be a wealthy and moderate country.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 05:23 PM

It did matter! Their people were better off and there was more stability.

Democracy in educated places, and secular dictatorships in non-educated/extremist areas are how we will achieve stability in the Middle East.

And the United States as official policy is doing everything absolutely backwards.

Sola_Fide
06-15-2013, 05:49 PM
War is the key to this whole issue of freedom. Ted Cruz is not an ally of freedom.

kcchiefs6465
06-15-2013, 06:00 PM
War is the key to this whole issue of freedom. Ted Cruz is not an ally of freedom.
Sad to say, too. I had high hopes when he was grilling Frankenstein.

Did you hear Ron Paul on FOX the other day? (the one where said he was worried they may try to kill Snowden) It was pretty inspiring. He basically affirmed a lot of what we said about educating people and about not being optimistic about what the SCOTUS would say about PRISM or BOUNDLESS INFORMANT.

It was good if you haven't seen it. I think you'd like it. (moreso than all of the depressing things some of these politicians do and say)

ClydeCoulter
06-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Sad to say, too. I had high hopes when he was grilling Frankenstein.

Did you hear Ron Paul on FOX the other day? (the one where said he was worried they may try to kill Snowden) It was pretty inspiring. He basically affirmed a lot of what we said about educating people and about not being optimistic about what the SCOTUS would say about PRISM or BOUNDLESS INFORMANT.

It was good if you haven't seen it. I think you'd like it. (moreso than all of the depressing things some of these politicians do and say)

I agree. Sadly. I, too, had hopes for Cruz.

Occam's Banana
06-15-2013, 06:22 PM
It did matter!

It didn't. Their education, secularity and democracy served nothing to avoid the savage butt-raping they got as a result of the U.S. government's interference in their affairs.

Their people were better off and there was more stability.

That's exactly what I was suggesting. They were doing just fine, thank you very much. And then U.S. tom-fuckery wrecked it all and produced the Shah and, eventually, the Islamic Revolution.

And Cruz & Co. are still preaching for yet more tom-fuckery. SMFH.

Democracy in educated places, and secular dictatorships in non-educated/extremist areas are how we will achieve stability in the Middle East.

"We" will do nothing of the sort. In fact, it is "we's" attempts to install democracy in educated places and secular dictatorships elsewhere that have made such an unstable shambles of the greater part of the Middle East. "Let's do the same wonderful things for Iran that we did for Iraq!"

"We" should just stop trying and butt the hell out. "They" should do what needs to be done - if it can be done at all. Nothing else can hope to work.

But Cruz & friends just won't let this sink through their thick skulls. They clearly do not want it to.

And the United States as official policy is doing everything absolutely backwards.

No argument with that. When will Cruz and his crowd figure it out? I am betting "never" ...

AuH20
06-15-2013, 06:30 PM

Pretty much. The irony is astounding. Iran has a secret police that will snatch you in the middle of night and you'll never be seen again.

kcchiefs6465
06-15-2013, 06:32 PM
"We" will do nothing of the sort. In fact, it is "we's" attempts to install democracy in educated places and secular dictatorships elsewhere that have made such an unstable shambles of the greater part of the Middle East. "Let's do the same wonderful things for Iran that we did for Iraq!"

I'd also like to point out that this isn't the first uprising in Syria that we have had our paws in.

I've posted this information many times, OB, but I still don't think it is widely known by the people.

By 1949, U.S. officials were not only concerned about Syria's stance on Israel, border disputes with Turkey, and oil pipelines, but had begun to worry that the left was growing in power and that the government was growing friendlier to the Soviet Union. When demonstrations led to the resignation of the prime minister, the U.S. assistant military attaché, who was in reality a CIA officer, began to meet with the Syrian chief of staff, Husni Zaim, to plan a coup. Soon after, Zaim “requested U.S. agents provoke and abet internal disturbances which ‘essential for coup d'etat' or that U.S. funds be given him this purpose.” We do not know the U.S. response to this specific request, but the CIA officer did promise rapid recognition after a coup with, presumably, a handsome aid package to follow. This is exactly how events began to unfold, although, as we pointed out in chapter three, the process was interrupted after less than five months when Zaim was himself overthrown in another coup. Government then followed government in rapid succession, with civilian cabinets rising and falling, interspersed with additional coups. From time to time, right-wing officers approached the U.S. for help or guidance on possible coups, one of which in fact involved the assassination of the country's left-leaning leader (the extent of prior U.S. knowledge about this murder is unclear). 1

1) Zaim, quoted in Meade to G-2, 18 March 1949 (Little 1990: 56); Little (2004: 670-7).

Would someone send this link to Cruz?

http://www.us-foreign-policy-perspective.org/index.php?id=283

This too (Iran):

Operation TPAJAX was the CIA-sponsored overthrow of Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadeq in Iran . For some time, Iran had been considered by the U.S. as a British responsibility, if not an actual client state. It was a British-backed coup that had made it possible for the Pahlavi dynasty to be founded in the 1920s; then, during World War II, the British and Soviets invaded the country and deposed the Shah, putting his son on the throne. Iran 's oil industry was entirely in British hands and there was a large and active U.K. embassy in the middle of Tehran . By contrast, although the United States also had a presence in Iran , providing economic advice and military training, the scale of its activities was, at least through 1952, considerably less than that of Britain . In particular, the U.S. had no oil investments in Iran.

As the cold war intensified, U.S. officials grew increasingly concerned at the prospect of Iran falling under communist domination. Iran bordered on the Soviet Union, which took until May 1946 to withdraw its troops (in part as a result of U.S. pressure) and tried to establish autonomous republics in the country's northern provinces . Within Iran , the Tudeh party identified openly with the U.S.S.R. and received considerable electoral support. The U.S. was less than sanguine about the British ability to cope with this situation and so, starting around the time that the U.S. was taking over from them in Greece, it renewed the military training agreement and also began to extend the policy instruments it had developed for Europe to Iran: it established a CIA station in Tehran, organized a “stay-behind” network to provide for resistance in the event of a Soviet invasion, set up a covert propaganda and political action operation designed to undermine the Tudeh party, included Iran in the Mutual Defense Assistance Act of 1949 and then the Mutual Security Act of 1951, and supported a World Bank loan and approved another loan from the ExIm Bank.

From Washington 's perspective, the situation began to spin out of control in 1951. In the spring of that year, the parliament passed legislation nationalizing the oil industry and the shah was constrained by political pressure to name Mossadeq, the principal architect of the legislation and staunch anti-imperialist, as prime minister. He took power at the head of a heterogeneous coalition called the National Front but, on issues such as nationalization, was also supported by Tudeh and an Islamic fundamentalist party. The British were aghast at this turn of events, all the more so as they had thought themselves able to pull strings behind the scenes in parliament; and they immediately began trying various strategies, from diplomatic pressure to economic sanctions and covert action (they even explored an invasion) to stop the nationalization, if need be by booting Mossadeq out of office. The Americans were no less concerned, but for different reasons. They thought that if the British-Iranian dispute continued, it would only increase the chances of “the loss of Iran to the free world ... through an internal communist uprising, possibly growing out of the present indigenous fanaticism or through communist capture of the nationalist movement.” Hence the U.S. tried for months, at the highest levels, to bring the two sides to a compromise.

All this was to no avail. By the summer of 1952, U.S. officials had begun to see Mossadeq as the principal obstacle to an agreement with the British. At the same time, the internal political situation was polarizing, in part because of British covert efforts. Mossadeq's coalition was already disintegrating when, for various reasons, he began to purge the military, which opened up the possibility of a coup by disaffected officers. This the British encouraged but the plot was discovered and broken up in October before it could be carried out; for good measure, Mossadeq broke diplomatic relations with Britain and expelled all its officials. Now the British turned to the U.S. for help, sending the former head of its covert operations in Tehran to Washington . He arrived to find the Truman administration worried that by eliminating his noncommunist rivals, Mossadeq had become too isolated to keep the communists out of power “for an extended period of time” and that “Iran was in real danger of falling behind the Iron Curtain.” Logically, of course, the U.S. could have decided to help Mossadeq by circumventing the British oil embargo and making a major aid grant to Iran, but these policies – which were in fact pursued or contemplated by both Truman and Eisenhower – never worked out for the simple reason that they were premised on at least some continued British role in the oil industry, something that Mossadeq flatly refused. In effect, the U.S. ties to Britain and its fear of communism in Iran led it to classify Mossadeq's government as likely to “turn against the U.S. ,” i.e., as an enemy regime in the making. A coup was approved in the spring and the CIA used its propaganda assets, the British ties to opposition politicians, the U.S. mission's links with military officers, and generous sprinklings of cash (to assorted religious figures, mob organizers – including one nicknamed “the brainless” – and the shah's sister) to overthrow Mossadeq and replace him with a pro-British general. When the dust settled, the U.S. had a new client state and, as a bonus, forty percent of its oil exports. 1

1) NSC 107/2, “The Position of the United States With Respect to Iran,” 27 June 1951, par. 2; NSC 136/1, “United States Policy Regarding the Present Situation in Iran,” 20 November 1951, par. 2; both ProQuest (2005); Wilber (1954: iii); Acheson memo to Eden, 22 November 1952, in State to London, s.d., FRUS 1952-1954 , vol. 10: doc. 241; also docs. 234, 236, 311; Gasiorowski (1987; 1991: chs. 2-3; 2004); Gavin (1999); Kinzer (2003); Louis (2004); Byrne (2004). The FRUS volume on Iran is woefully incomplete, containing nothing on the CIA's activities; at the time of this book's writing it was being reedited, presumably with an eye to incorporating some CIA materials. The Wilber study, by one of the U.S. organizers of the coup, was only released in 2000.

© US Foreign Policy in Perspective, 2009
Web: www.us-foreign-policy-perspective.org

Both quotations were respectfully used from the same site. All credit to the authors.

AuH20
06-15-2013, 06:35 PM

He needs to wake up before someone calls for "free and fair" re-election for his senate seat, this time monies from foreign lobbies to candidates banned.

Palestine is the cesspool of the Middle East. Even to the other Arabs, they are considered the punchline to an inside joke. I've talked to Egyptians and Saudis that look down upon them. Jews or no jews, their situation would probably be similar.

kcchiefs6465
06-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Pretty much. The irony is astounding. Iran has a secret police that will snatch you in the middle of night and you'll never be seen again.
Are you aware of the SAVAK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAVAK)? The intelligence arm of Iran that we trained in various torture methods?

The Federation of American Scientists also found it guilty of "the torture and execution of thousands of political prisoners" and symbolizing "the Shah's rule from 1963-79." The FAS list of SAVAK torture methods included "electric shock, whipping, beating, inserting broken glass and pouring boiling water into the rectum, tying weights to the testicles, and the extraction of teeth and nails."[23]

SAVAK was replaced by the "much larger"[24] SAVAMA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAVAMA), Sazman-e Ettela'at va Amniat-e Melli-e Iran, also known as the Ministry of Intelligence and National Security of Iran.[25]

According to author Charles Kurzman, SAVAK was never dismantled but rather changed its name and leadership and continued on with the same codes of operation, and a relatively unchanged "staff." [3][26]

Yeah... we had our hands in that evil shit too.

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Palestine is the cesspool of the Middle East.

Are you referring to all Palestinians of Muslem, Christian, Jewish faiths as "cesspool" or any certain group/groups within that camp?

Besides, are you suggesting some "inferior" (I'm assuming that is the implication here?) people deserve to be occupied with money Rafeal Cruz is paying while democracy needs to be promoted in superior pools like Iran?

I do not understand what stance you were taking on this issue.

AuH20
06-15-2013, 06:44 PM
Are you aware of the SAVAK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAVAK)? The intelligence arm of Iran that we trained in various torture methods?

Yeah... we had our hands in that evil shit too.

The Iranians possess the power of free will. If they wanted to follow through on unscrupulous torture methods, that crime lies with them and no one else.

AuH20
06-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Are you referring to all Palestinians of Muslem, Christian, Jewish faiths as "cesspool" or any certain group/groups within that camp?

Besides, are you suggesting some "inferior" (I'm assuming that is the implication here?) people deserve to be occupied with money Rafeal Cruz is paying while democracy needs to be promoted in superior pools like Iran?

I do not understand what stance you were taking on this issue.

I'm stating that Palestine is not an enlightened area, especially in comparison to Iran, which was a thriving democracy not long ago. This cultural ineptitude goes back to when the Ottoman empire ruled the region. It's a basically a tenement in the middle of the region. And if the Jews died out tommorrow it would probably remain that way for the next 3 generations.

kcchiefs6465
06-15-2013, 06:52 PM
The true irony is that the death squads you mention and atrocities committed were by and large trained by us.

School of the Americas and the torturers we unleashed on South American. Battalion 316 in Honduras.

Not to mention earlier atrocities. Greece in the '40s.

Or to put one out that that might make people a little uncomfortable, the Contras in Nicaragua. Or Los Pepes in Colombia, supplied with our intel torturing bankers, cousins, nephews, anyone with the slightest connection to Pablo Escobar.

THIS SHIT IS NOT OUR BUSINESS. (aside from the argument that could be made that we created it, we should deal with it) I am not on that side. We need to apologize sincerely, for the wickedness we have unleashed. I could go on and on about the countries. Chile, Panama, Honduras, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Yugoslavia, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon... I mean when will this shit end?!

Brett85
06-15-2013, 07:03 PM
I don't care that Cruz wants free and open elections in Iran, but I find it very worrisome when he says, "we should do whatever it takes to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons." If you actually take that statement literally, it means that Cruz would support a full fledged invasion of Iran with 200,000 troops if that were the only way to prevent Iran from aquiring nuclear weapons.

Occam's Banana
06-15-2013, 07:04 PM
I'd also like to point out that this isn't the first uprising in Syria that we have had our paws in.

I've posted this information many times, OB, but I still don't think it is widely known by the people.

Exactly. The U.S. has forced its fingers into so many pies that it's impossible to keep track.

(A detailing of U.S. shenanigans in Central/South America alone would fill volumes.)

And most people don't even have the remotest clue ...

kcchiefs6465
06-15-2013, 07:23 PM
The Iranians possess the power of free will. If they wanted to follow through on unscrupulous torture methods, that crime lies with them and no one else.
Not even the ones who created videos detailing how to torture women, who gave them manuals on how to 'break' people, methods of that including mock executions of family members or them, and the various other ways we 'humanely' treat the people we capture? (cold water showers, shouts and screams, extremely loud music.. did you know they played the Barney song? "I love you, you love me.") The blame also lies on us.

kcchiefs6465
06-15-2013, 07:29 PM
I left out the part in my earlier post about the CIA and Israel helping to create the SAVAK somehow. With the links I was quoting I must have forgotten to paste it.

SAVAK (Persian: ساواک, short for سازِمانِ اطلاعات وَ امنیَتِ کِشوَر Sāzemān-e Ettelā'āt va Amniyat-e Keshvar, Organization of Intelligence and National Security) was the secret police, domestic security and intelligence service established by Iran's Mohammad Reza Shah with the help of the United States' Central Intelligence Agency (the CIA).[1] SAVAK operated from 1957 to 1979, when the Pahlavi dynasty was overthrown. SAVAK has been described as Iran's "most hated and feared institution" prior to the revolution of 1979 because of its practice of torturing and executing opponents of the Pahlavi regime.[2][3] At its peak, the organization had as many as 60,000 agents serving in its ranks according to one source,[4] although Gholam Reza Afkhami estimates SAVAK staffing at between 4,000 and 6,000.[5]

Sorry about that.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't care that Cruz wants free and open elections in Iran, but I find it very worrisome when he says, "we should do whatever it takes to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons." If you actually take that statement literally, it means that Cruz would support a full fledged invasion of Iran with 200,000 troops if that were the only way to prevent Iran from aquiring nuclear weapons.

I don't see him supporting anything more than bunker busters. He is against democracy spreading-which is what necessitates the occupations.

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 07:58 PM

"We" should just stop trying and butt the hell out. "They" should do what needs to be done - if it can be done at all. Nothing else can hope to work.

But Cruz & friends just won't let this sink through their thick skulls. They clearly do not want it to.

When I said "we", I meant the world will see peace. Not create it.

Pericles
06-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't see him supporting anything more than bunker busters. He is against democracy spreading-which is what necessitates the occupations.

"We are the friends of liberty everywhere, but the guardians of only our own." John Quincy Adams

helmuth_hubener
06-15-2013, 10:57 PM
But it doesn't really make much sense to me why he would want to go to war with Iran but not Syria.

I don't understand this logic at all. Does that mean I'm really out of it? Does this sentence make sense somehow from the "mainstream" pro-war perspective? I know that's not your perspective of course, Trad., BTW.

It just sounds like inexplicable lunacy to me. Makes you wonder how in the world did we get to this point? I mean, it makes no possible sense to go to war with either one of them!

TaftFan
06-15-2013, 11:12 PM
I don't understand this logic at all. Does that mean I'm really out of it? Does this sentence make sense somehow from the "mainstream" pro-war perspective? I know that's not your perspective of course, Trad., BTW.

It just sounds like inexplicable lunacy to me. Makes you wonder how in the world did we get to this point? I mean, it makes no possible sense to go to war with either one of them!

My answer to his point would be that Iran is wanting to get nuclear weapons, Syria is not.

enhanced_deficit
06-15-2013, 11:17 PM

I do not believe Cruz or his pup masters really give rat's ass about "democracy' in Iran, he is parroting the talking points to prepare ground for future interevntion in Iran that he thinks will be politically/financially beneficial for him.

My answer to his point would be that Iran is wanting to get nuclear weapons, Syria is not.

Considering how Iraq got destroyed by neocon freedom bombings for not having nukes and NKorea with no democracy was left alone, can't blame other mideast nations for wanting to have nukes. Only feasible solution that could have a chance of success at this stage would be to declare whole mideast "nuke free zone".

AuH20
06-15-2013, 11:17 PM

Cruz is an Israel firster. He is not however a homicidal mad man like McCain that sees evil under ever rock in the dark places of the world. And that's why he is more hostile to Iran, since it has a long and tortuous history with Israel. Note Cruz never has shown any interest in Libya nor Syria.