PDA

View Full Version : Buchanen was on Hannity's show for an hour

SWATH
11-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Synopsis:

Hannity agrees with everything except foreign policy and the Iraq war but does not want to argue about it with Pat.:p

No mention of Ron Paul at all even when discussing the line up of candidates. He predicts Rudy or Romney or Huckabee will win Iowa, New Hampshire, and the nomination.

I wonder why he would not mention Paul? Is it because of Tancredo and his daughter? Is it because Hannity told him not to mention him? Or is it because Buchanen can pitch Ron Paul better by popularizing his views but not mentioning his name?

purepaloma
11-26-2007, 04:57 PM
I think he didn't mention to KEEP his book and ideas OPEN for many who wouldn't align with them originally.

If people start paying attention to what Pat is talking about and Hannitty continues to agree (Shocking, but it's true on the vast majority of stuff the talked about in book) ----------- then suddenly you've got a TON OF NEW PEOPLE who will resonate when they hear Ron Paul's message.

Excellent job by Pat. This is going to be huge (covert) press for ALL of RP's ideas !!!

Daveforliberty
11-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Bay Buchanan is Pat's sister, not his daughter, but I'm sure she'd be happy to hear you say it!

Midnight77
11-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Synopsis:

Hannity agrees with everything except foreign policy and the Iraq war but does not want to argue about it with Pat.:p

No mention of Ron Paul at all even when discussing the line up of candidates. He predicts Rudy or Romney or Huckabee will win Iowa, New Hampshire, and the nomination.

I wonder why he would not mention Paul? Is it because of Tancredo and his daughter? Is it because Hannity told him not to mention him? Or is it because Buchanen can pitch Ron Paul better by popularizing his views but not mentioning his name?

Pat can't mention Paul, because I'm absolutely positive that FOX News makes it very clear to all guests before they appear that they can not bring up Ron Paul's name whatsoever. I am deadly serious about that.

Spirit of '76
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM

It's Pat's sister who works for Tancredo.

I think your last point is essentially correct. We discussed the matter here this morning:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41416&highlight=buchanan

Lord Xar
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
how they think a hack like huckabee could win is beyond me... how is this possible, why is this gutless liar even in conversation.. he has little money and he is a cheat.. what gives.

Daswiz
11-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah just heard him while driving home. You could tell Pat was forewarned not to mention Ron's name and give some BS about the "front-runners" and Huckabee. Hannity was kissing his ass the entire time about his book and then when he asked him about the Republican candidates Hannity seemed on edge and then pleased when things finished without Ron's name mentioned.

Guess thats what Pat has to do to sell books, it's sad really.

Adamsa
11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh please, Pat didn't mention Ron, OH NOES! he supports Ron but doesn't see him as front-runner, simple as to be honest.

That'll change after NH hopefully. ;)

wsc321
11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Pat can't mention Paul, because I'm absolutely positive that FOX News makes it very clear to all guests before they appear that they can not bring up Ron Paul's name whatsoever. I am deadly serious about that.

What makes you so sure? I can believe it, but geez... if that's true, surely it would leak at some point and bring the whole network down? Perhaps I'm just naive.

purepaloma
11-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Maybe he's saving the words RON PAUL for tonight on TV ?

JMann
11-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Bay Buchanan is a female Pat.

Daveforliberty
11-26-2007, 06:41 PM
I may be wrong, but I think I've heard hosts on MSNBC say they're not allowed to endorse any candidates. Pat does regular duty, on MSNBC, so he wants to keep it cool with the bosses. OTOH, stressing the issues is almost as good.