PDA

View Full Version : Smoke pot in Colorado? No guns for you!

Elias Graves
06-14-2013, 09:59 PM
The attorneys said the ATF specifically has stated “any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her state has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.”

They further wrote, “These individuals are to answer ‘yes’ when asked on the firearms transfer form if they are unlawful users of a controlled substance.”

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2013/06/now-feds-want-your-mental-health-records/#P6TifB5w18H0QegR.99

Oh, not just weed but also anyone who is a "mental defective." I had to pull out a medical dictionary from 1924 to find that definition.

better-dead-than-fed
06-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Oh, not just weed but also anyone who is a "mental defective." I had to pull out a medical dictionary from 1924 to find that definition.

A cop wrote a police report saying that a secret court had found me to be a "mental defective". The cop's report was false, and there was no evidence besides the cop's word, but a Federal court accepted it as fact. Then I wrote the Federal court saying the cop's report was false, but the Federal court refused to put my memorandum on the public record. Then I appealed to the Ninth Circuit, and without explanation they upheld the lower court's actions. So that's how the "mental defective" thing works.

fr33
06-14-2013, 11:25 PM
I love most of the land known as Colorado. I vacation there nearly every year. But I don't believe liberty activists that use the recent marijuana legalization as a political barometer. That state has given up on firearms more than the federal government has. Marijuana legalization is important but firearms is a life or death type of topic. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I hope to be proven wrong. I've read about some type of recall that is going on against the gun grabbers.

trey4sports
06-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Thugs

bolil
06-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Also heard that being registered gives cops probable cause to run a blood test.

So, it wasn't about freedom, it was about revenue.

mad cow
06-15-2013, 12:48 AM
They are setting up what could be a major tenth amendment battle.This could be a good thing.
Nowhere in the Constitution does it state pot is against Federal law,question E form 4473 be damned.

Suppose they added the questions tomorrow,'have you ever voted republican' or 'are you a Libertarian'?

Pot was declared illegal at the Federal level by government fiat with no Constitutional underpinnings or amendments,declaring it legal at the State level might be just the battle we have been waiting for to begin many fights against tenth amendment usurpation's.

Elias Graves
06-15-2013, 12:49 AM
The point the article makes, however, is in asking why the DOJ did not prosecute this states' rights issue like it did with Arizona over the border law. Holder didnt wait til the ink was dry on that one before he challenged it.
Obama isn't prosecuting this for a reason. One, it keeps the potheads happy. Two, it creates that conflict between federal and state law. With even a simple possession charge, the Feds can keep you from buying a gun ever again. Back door gun control. You watch, federal prosecution for pot possession in Colorado will explode. So will "crazy" findings. As soon as they win the authority to override HIPPAA, they'll require every doctor to report every psychotropic medication they prescribe and everyone who has a prescription for a pain killer, ADHD or depression will be too dangerous to own a gun.

mad cow
06-15-2013, 01:10 AM
That's another thing,pot is popular,people who don't even know we have a Constitution don't want to have their liberties constrained because they smoke pot or smoked pot at some point in their life. They are all instant allies.

The winds of change are wafting our way bearing the odor of pot smoke.People are wise enough to realize that,even if they don't like guns,if the government can nullify your right to own guns if you smoke pot,they can also screw with you in other ways for smoking it.

oyarde
06-15-2013, 01:29 AM
I love most of the land known as Colorado. I vacation there nearly every year. But I don't believe liberty activists that use the recent marijuana legalization as a political barometer. That state has given up on firearms more than the federal government has. Marijuana legalization is important but firearms is a life or death type of topic. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I hope to be proven wrong. I've read about some type of recall that is going on against the gun grabbers.

The cities are over run with retard liberals , here is what it should look like by 2020 , if you are a Reg. Dem. in good standing ( that means, never had a real job, only molested one child or pet, do not pay more taxes than you rec back , are stupid enough to lobby to protect natural resources you will never be smart enough to use) , you will be allowed one joint , one muzzle loading rifle, but gold, bullets and gunpowder will be illegal . State motto, I dunno , "we hate gold & guns ", something like that, the Illinois of the West , soon...

better-dead-than-fed
06-15-2013, 01:30 AM
They are setting up what could be a major tenth amendment battle.This could be a good thing.
Nowhere in the Constitution does it state pot is against Federal law,question E form 4473 be damned.

Suppose they added the questions tomorrow,'have you ever voted republican' or 'are you a Libertarian'?

Pot was declared illegal at the Federal level by government fiat with no Constitutional underpinnings or amendments,declaring it legal at the State level might be just the battle we have been waiting for to begin many fights against tenth amendment usurpation's.

Seems the feds claim Constitutional underpinning in the Commerce Clause: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?414251-Vermont-s-Legislature-Just-Voted-to-Decriminalize-Marijuana&p=5021846&viewfull=1#post5021846

tod evans
06-15-2013, 01:31 AM
"Shall not be infringed" really isn't subject to interpretation!

Spouting off angry words is not holding politicians accountable....

oyarde
06-15-2013, 01:33 AM

I had a little fun on the" Grassland" as a young fella , and panning for gold, poaching fish, exploring, place is scratched from my list now.

mad cow
06-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Seems the feds claim Constitutional underpinning in the Commerce Clause: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?414251-Vermont-s-Legislature-Just-Voted-to-Decriminalize-Marijuana&p=5021846&viewfull=1#post5021846

Yep.Like I said,no Constitutional underpinnings.

better-dead-than-fed
06-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Yep.Like I said,no Constitutional underpinnings.

The thing is, when the Supreme Court babbles like that, people could shut it down by Amending the Constitution, to clarify what it meant all along. Not saying this is the best way to respond, but it seems an option.

Warlord
06-15-2013, 02:29 AM
According to that great conservative/scholar/fascist Justice Scalia the Federal government merely "intending" to regulate something in a state is enough to come under the Commerce Clause (Gonzales). How he'd respond to a 10th amendment argument and how this is consistent with his Obamacare pronouncements is unclear but he'll find some way to uphold prohibition I'm sure.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 06:13 AM

clarification is needed, first WE THE PEOPLE OF Colorado changed the constitution to have legal marijuana medical or personal. Corrupt politicians changed gun laws not the people, though they would say people mandated the gun changes 100% FALSE. The People will be holding elected officials accountable as soon as elections come i promise you. That is the difference here on how the laws came to be. Accountability is coming 2014/2016. ps 4 recall efforts 2 have failed
(will have to wait for election) and 2 will probably pass if corruption doesn't get ahold of the counts.

I pity the fools who support these illegal gun laws and gun grabbers.

WE THE PEOPLE took 2 steps forward, the corrupt politicians took one step back!!!

tangent4ronpaul
06-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Told ya this would happen. It's sooo predictable...
Anyway, you can bet your last dollar that the feds will be data mining your electronic health records for any mention of pot.

The result? Well, people will opt out of legal medical Mary Jane and go for the illegal stuff with no legal, rights stealing fingerprints on it and lying to your doctor will become the new normal.

But this is really wonderful news, when you think about it. All we need to do is find a MD on our side willing to take one for the team by inflicting a massive dose of carpel tunnel syndrome on themselves by first writing 112,000 MJ scripts and following that up by writing another 240,000 scripts. Those are the number of employees in DoJ and DHS respectively... :D

-t

AFPVet
06-15-2013, 09:45 AM
I am absolutely sure that street thugs are going to obey this regulation :rolleyes: After all, it's those pesky law abiding types who are the real danger... not the street thug who is just trying to make a dishonest buck :mad:

Elias Graves
06-15-2013, 10:26 AM
clarification is needed, first WE THE PEOPLE OF Colorado changed the constitution to have legal marijuana medical or personal. Corrupt politicians changed gun laws not the people, though they would say people mandated the gun changes 100% FALSE. The People will be holding elected officials accountable as soon as elections come i promise you. That is the difference here on how the laws came to be. Accountability is coming 2014/2016. ps 4 recall efforts 2 have failed
(will have to wait for election) and 2 will probably pass if corruption doesn't get ahold of the counts.

I pity the fools who support these illegal gun laws and gun grabbers.

WE THE PEOPLE took 2 steps forward, the corrupt politicians took one step back!!!

This has nothing to do with Colorado gun laws. Imagine this:
A Colorado pot smoker is camping in a national park in Colorado and gets involved with a park ranger over anything at al and gets detained and searched. He has pot. While he's not breaking Colorado law, he is breaking federal law and the park ranger can arrest him for it. If convicted, or if said pothead makes a deal, that's on a federal record. No guns under background check.

Similarly, if a smoker forgets to leave his stash at home and goes to the Denver airport...

One more form of back door gun control.

surf
06-15-2013, 11:26 AM
with my second worthless side note of the day:

my friends here that enjoy the somewhat decriminalized herb in my home state are less concerned about NSA reading their texts ("how much? is it good?") and I believe it is because there is not the previous concern about having to hide, conceal, and creatively code this activity. not sure if there shouldn't be concern, but you get the picture.

my friends that have gambled online, however, are more concerned than the pot smokers.

Elias Graves
06-15-2013, 11:31 AM
with my second worthless side note of the day:

my friends here that enjoy the somewhat decriminalized herb in my home state are less concerned about NSA reading their texts ("how much? is it good?") and I believe it is because there is not the previous concern about having to hide, conceal, and creatively code this activity. not sure if there shouldn't be concern, but you get the picture.

my friends that have gambled online, however, are more concerned than the pot smokers.

Exactly. The Feds are living this "legal there, illegal here" business. People speak openly about pot or gambling and now the NSA hoover machine has all they need to judge you mentally defective and strip your rights.
Remember, nobody will be prosecuted for crimes against the state. It'll all be drugs, mental health issues and what not. I mean, who wants a mental defective to own a gun right? You must hate children.

BuddyRey
06-15-2013, 12:38 PM
The attorneys said the ATF specifically has stated “any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her state has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.

Oh good grief.

jkr
06-15-2013, 01:08 PM
ZERO
AUTHORITY

liberty2897
06-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Oh good grief.

re: addicted to marijuana

lol. same thing I was thinking when I saw that.

Elias Graves
06-15-2013, 02:06 PM
re: addicted to marijuana

lol. same thing I was thinking when I saw that.

Out of the same book as "mental defective."
Like this marine who was arrested on psychiatric grounds and tosse in a hospital. No need to go to jail where they have to charge you or let you go. Send him to the hospital as "mentally defective." No shit. That's the charge. Look into his case more.
At least a judge finally figured out what was happening but it's already cost this guy everything. His life is totally fucked now and every agency in the government will be investigating him now.

http://wtvr.com/2012/08/23/brandon-raub-judge-orders-release-of-detained-marine-veteran-freed/