PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: More states will decide to legalize marijuana, they should be free to do so

jct74
06-14-2013, 08:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_F2yLhllI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_F2yLhllI

Michigan11
06-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Excellent! Rand knows how to phrase the obvious into a mallable substance of fruit.

Warlord
06-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Excellent! Rand knows how to phrase the obvious into a mallable substance of fruit.

There won't be anyone like him again.. this is why i'm happy he thinks he's found a way to run for Senate and president so he's not lost if it doesn't come off

Brett85
06-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Good. I like Rand's recent rhetoric on this.

T.hill
06-14-2013, 09:42 PM
"You would side with California and not the Fed?"

RP- "Yes."

That's all I need to hear.

Michigan11
06-14-2013, 09:43 PM
There won't be anyone like him again.. this is why i'm happy he thinks he's found a way to run for Senate and president so he's not lost if it doesn't come off

Being honest here I love Ron and I love Rand... it's a difference of opinion between David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar

T.hill
06-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Being honest here I love Ron and I love Rand... it's a difference of opinion between David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar

Ugh, Van Hagar was no good.

trey4sports
06-15-2013, 12:30 AM
wish we woulda said somethin' more 'long the lines of: "hell yeah i wanna legalize that shit." But i'll settle for what he said.

Sola_Fide
06-15-2013, 01:19 AM
Not bad.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 05:26 AM
wish we woulda said somethin' more 'long the lines of: "hell yeah i wanna legalize that shit." But i'll settle for what he said.

Whoever wants to win the swing state of colorado and the general election will push i want it legal more then you meme. Legal Hemp/ Legal Marijuana has a majority voter block over 15-20 years in colorado(depending on county) and still growing(no pun intended) in colorado and across this nation!!!! :)

The Weed of Freedom, not about weed anymore. Just simple individual liberty and principles of smaller gov. If people oppose legal marijuana. I have to assume they are anti liberty or pro tyrannical gov or both.

thoughtomator
06-15-2013, 06:04 AM
Hmm... what's more demotivational work-wise, smoking pot, or having the vast majority of your productive output confiscated without compensation?

FriedChicken
06-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Rand seems to have been growing his message a lot lately. He is becoming more outspoken - like with foreign policy. It actually makes me a little nervous, cause he with slowly but surely technique was working really good at gradually moving the base towards our views. I hope he doesn't move too fast that they get freaked out.

However, I was equally nervous that his support would have also been too soft by the time 2016 came around - where all of his new fragile liberty supporters got caught up in the war drums again.

I knew more than one person who was a semi-Ron Paul supporter but when the primaries started up and everyone talked about how dangerous he was they faltered.

... just hope this all works out is all. I want Rand to do as much educating as possible and still win - and unfortunately in this country that is a balancing act (however the perfect balance, I think, it the best way to win).

FriedChicken
06-15-2013, 06:54 AM
(just re-read my post ... my goodness my morning is lacking of the grammar! )

HigherVision
06-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Whoever wants to win the swing state of colorado and the general election will push i want it legal more then you meme. Legal Hemp/ Legal Marijuana has a majority voter block over 15-20 years in colorado(depending on county) and still growing(no pun intended) in colorado and across this nation!!!! :)

The Weed of Freedom, not about weed anymore. Just simple individual liberty and principles of smaller gov. If people oppose legal marijuana. I have to assume they are anti liberty or pro tyrannical gov or both.

I think that eventually people will see that cannabis is not just about getting high, it's an extremely potent nutrient and supplement that thwarts disease and is conducive to overall health. It doesn't have to be smoked either.

We all have an endocannabinoid system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOYVJu__14

NationalAnarchist
06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Not sure who Rand would stand with the religious nuts or the Marijuana activists....doubtful both agree on this...

Brett85
06-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Not sure who Rand would stand with the religious nuts or the Marijuana activists....doubtful both agree on this...

I don't know. I'm a "religious nut" and support legalizing marijuana.

NationalAnarchist
06-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Well there is an exception to every rule...I am talking about the evangelicals he is pandering to that are trying to stay relevant and who Rand obviously sees as relevant in getting himself elected.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I think that eventually people will see that cannabis is not just about getting high, it's an extremely potent nutrient and supplement that thwarts disease and is conducive to overall health. It doesn't have to be smoked either.

We all have an endocannabinoid system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOYVJu__14

for sure smoking is old school , no one smokes anymore. They dab or eat. I love my shelled hempseed, soon we will be able to get hempseed with shells and not cooked.

supermario21
06-15-2013, 07:13 PM
The "religious nut" Pat Robertson supports legalizing it. If you talk about it from a view of compassion like Rand has been doing, it's more likely to win evangelicals, or at least not alienate them in the way Gary Johnson might have by running around telling everyone how much of it he has smoked...

whoisjohngalt
06-15-2013, 07:37 PM
for sure smoking is old school , no one smokes anymore. They dab or eat. I love my shelled hempseed, soon we will be able to get hempseed with shells and not cooked.

Nonsense. I still smoke it. Completely different drug if its ingested orally. Much less preferable to my taste.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Nonsense. I still smoke it. Completely different drug if its ingested orally. Much less preferable to my taste.

i didn't say no one smoked it in that sense. I meant no one as in anyone who has access to oil or ear wax has no need to smoke marijuana veggie matter. As in anyone that is someone in colorado looks to smoke better stuff then veggie matter. i said it is old schoolas it is. more perfer vapor or oil,ear wax or food. It is not nonsense more marijuana smokers are going to oil,ear wax and varities of it. As in not marijuana bud but other sources. smoking marijuana is like a cd very rarely used except for folks who cannot get oils,wax or butter. Smoking Marijuana bud is going out! So many better options then have to smoke veggie matter. so yes it is old school and going the way of the cd in music.

you do not like brownies,cookies or food? you do not taste it in food if done right. dab> smoking marijuana bud. dab is smoking but not marijuana bud.

If your not dabbing and you are still smoking marijuana bud. Then yes you are old school.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 07:59 PM

oil and wax is the best taste and far better then smoking veggie matter! smoking marijuana is not needed anymore! dabbing is where it is at! dabbing over smoking marijuana!

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 08:07 PM

exactly my point and shows you are old school. no need to smoke marijuana bud anymore. You can dab! oil and wax over smoking marijuana veggie matter and taste awesome while inhaling.

FriedChicken
06-15-2013, 08:36 PM
I think its kinda funny how excited specialtyblend gets during weed topic threads. I don't mean that as a knock or anything. I like it.

trey4sports
06-15-2013, 10:04 PM
but to play devils advocate, the GOP base is still against marijuana legalization and probably even against "softening" penalties.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 10:06 PM
I think its kinda funny how excited specialtyblend gets during weed topic threads. I don't mean that as a knock or anything. I like it.

I get excited because we have a majority voter block in my counties and we vote! I also get excited because it is bigger then marijuana. I also get excited because we will vote these bastards out htat are against it. Anyone that wants to ignore this voter base is doomed!:) i likey that.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 10:07 PM
but to play devils advocate, the GOP base is still against marijuana legalization and probably even against "softening" penalties.

not 100% true the denver gop delegate base voted in full majority to legalize marijuana(i was a part of that). The gop base you talk of are not republican just fascists!

I would like to also add any gop base that opposes the majority voter base in colorado will become a 3rd party by default or elect the dem by default if they still want to ignore common sense!

devils advocate, then the gop will not win an election in 2016 in colorado or ever if they oppose freedom,liberty and individual liberty.

trey4sports
06-15-2013, 10:11 PM
not 100% true the denver gop base voted in full majority to legalize marijuana(i was a part of that). The gop base you talk of are not republican just fascists!

ok fair enough, but rand is trying to run a national campaign. marijuana is not a winner in the GOP in the vast majority of the country.

supermario21
06-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Weld County, which is trying to start a secessionist movement in Colorado, voted for Romney and legalizing marijuana. If you do it the right way, Republicans will be more open to legalization of marijuana.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 10:44 PM
ok fair enough, but rand is trying to run a national campaign. marijuana is not a winner in the GOP in the vast majority of the country.

nationally 58% of americans want marijuana legal.
nationally he will lose the election in 2016 without colorado!

alucard13mm
06-15-2013, 10:46 PM
As long as Rand does not condone the smoking of pot, BUT respects the state's right to decriminalize or even legalize it.. All should be well.

I hope he just makes sure people know he does not condone such activity every time.

alucard13mm
06-15-2013, 10:47 PM
nationally 58% of americans want marijuana legal.
nationally he will lose the election in 2016 without colorado!

I've been thinking.. How can legalizing marijuana affect the 42% that does not want ot legalize it? Does the 42% afraid that if its legalize that they'd be forced to take it? haha.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Weld County, which is trying to start a secessionist movement in Colorado, voted for Romney and legalizing marijuana. If you do it the right way, Republicans will be more open to legalization of marijuana.

The same voter block that changed the colorado constitution 2 times. Now has their eyes on elected officials;) I am sure you know but i do not think alot of folks understand how organized the colorado marijuana voter block is. The good news is i see it growing bigger and more organized:)

There are a few counties in colorado where the elected officials are still ignoring a local majority voter block. I Pity those fools(said with mr t voice). Elections in Colorado 2014/2016:) ooo i can't wait, insert cheesy 80 song;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR3zteEKAFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR3zteEKAFg ps i remember when(said in my old man voice) a 70-80% majority were against what i was saying. Now in my counties i have helped get 52%,56%,72% and a variety of 52%-58% margins. Very exciting i would say! call me passionate when my wifes life depends on it though no law will stop me from choosing marijuana over a beer.

speciallyblend
06-15-2013, 11:43 PM
As long as Rand does not condone the smoking of pot, BUT respects the state's right to decriminalize or even legalize it.. All should be well.

I hope he just makes sure people know he does not condone such activity every time.

I say you are correct. industrial hemp is now legal in colorado. I expect him to use hemp as a platform 100% as he can use the hemp platform to educate the masses about the difference. Plus he can explain how male pollen can do a better job then the dea and stop the billions wasted on the failed drug war. He literally needs to back hemp 110% and use the hemp platform to educate folks on marijuana itself and explain how the male pollen will basically turn outdoor marijuana into arkansas ditchweed saving us billions! etc etc etc

Warlord
06-16-2013, 12:23 AM

Isnt Weld County where Ken Buck comes from? What's his view on pot? I'm guessing not good since he's a DA?

trey4sports
06-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Isnt Weld County where Ken Buck comes from? What's his view on pot? I'm guessing not good since he's a DA?

he flip-flopped on the issue. He originally said he thought it was a states-rights issue but then immediately changed his mind.

he recently wrote that he will not stop prosecutions for mairjuana possession but he said the fed gov't should stay out of the matter back when he was running for senate.

JUNE 13, 2012 – DENVER – The Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol is calling on former senate candidate Ken Buck, a recently named leader of the campaign to oppose Amendment 64, to stand behind his past statement that making marijuana legal in Colorado is "none of the federal government's business." Specifically, the campaign is asking Buck to disavow the letter sent by the opposition group to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on Tuesday, asking for the federal government to help defeat the citizen initiative to regulate marijuana like alcohol in Colorado.

Buck made the following statement during his 2010 statewide campaign, according to the Centennial Citizen:

"If the State of Colorado decides it wants to legalize marijuana, the marijuana is grown in Colorado, it is distributed in Colorado, it is used in Colorado, it is none of the federal government's business what happens here," [Ken Buck] said. "The federal government needs to understand what the 10th Amendment says."

http://www.regulatemarijuana.org/s/campaign-regulate-marijuana-alcohol-calls-opposition-leader-ken-buck-stand-behind-past-statement