PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Gun Republican Wins CT District for the first time in 40 Years

jFico89
06-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Maybe there is still some hope for the "Constitution State."

"Although Democrats and progressives have claimed politicians who oppose gun control will lose their offices at the hands of angry, pro-gun control Americans in coming elections, a pro-gun Republican just won in Connecticut.

It is the first time a Republican has held the seat in 40 years.
Samuel Belsito won the Connecticut State Legislature's 53rd District in a special election to replace Democrat representative Bryan Hurlburt.

Belsito's election runs 100% counter to the argument that pro-gun positions will hurt politicians. For example, Belsito won although he made it clear he would have opposed the recent body of gun control legislation that passed in Connecticut. "

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/14/Pro-Gun-Republican-Wins-In-Connecticut-First-Time-In-40-Years

jFico89
06-14-2013, 05:33 PM
This is a good sign for 2014

Warlord
06-14-2013, 05:54 PM
If deep blue CT is getting fed up of the Obama regime then this could be huge.

Warlord
06-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Hope Schiff runs for Senate again in 2016. Could be very opportune: 8 years of Obama failure/disillusionment and Blumenthal being old and in office forever plus his disgusting grandstanding and raising money off the backs of Newtown dead.

jFico89
06-14-2013, 07:24 PM
If deep blue CT is getting fed up of the Obama regime then this could be huge.

seriously

jFico89
06-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Hope Schiff runs for Senate again in 2016. Could be very opportune: 8 years of Obama failure/disillusionment and Blumenthal being old and in office forever plus his disgusting grandstanding and raising money off the backs of Newtown dead.

I would love to see that. Hopefully he wont run the shittiest campaign in American history this time.

muh_roads
06-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Schiff needs to buy a house in a state he can win. Like Hillary did.

Warlord
06-14-2013, 07:35 PM
I would love to see that. Hopefully he wont run the shittiest campaign in American history this time.

I dont think anyone was going to beat McMahon. She was determined to run in 2010 and 2012 and throw around however much it took. Hopefully she's got bored of that now or Vince has told her to stop pissing away the families money.

jFico89
06-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Idk Warlord...it seems like that Bi%$# never tires of wasting her money.

Warlord
06-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Schiff needs to buy a house in a state he can win. Like Hillary did.

No he doesn't. He can win CT if enough people are fed up of Obama and Democrats. The economy will likely collapse by then.. Obamacare, 3 years of scandals and Blumenthal raising money off the dead kids.

If Schiff plays it right and runs the right campaign and reach out to Newtown (he said his son goes to school there?) he could absolutely give them a run for their money. The fundamentals as Schiff would say will favor him more than at any time in decades for a senate seat there at least.

AuH20
06-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Connecticut is such a screwed up state. I don't think the perfect candidate could win there.

jFico89
06-14-2013, 07:41 PM
No he doesn't. He can win CT if enough people are fed up of Obama and Democrats. The economy will likely collapse by then.. Obamacare, 3 years of scandals and Blumenthal raising money off the dead kids.

If Schiff plays it right and runs the right campaign and reach out to Newtown (he said his son goes to school there?) he could absolutely give them a run for their money. The fundamentals as Schiff would say will favor him more than at any time in decades for a senate seat there at least.

I hope you are right!

jFico89
06-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Connecticut is such a screwed up state. I don't think the perfect candidate could win there.

I think people are starting to sober up there. At least some of them. I hope.

Warlord
06-14-2013, 07:42 PM
I know its fanciful but i've been talking about CA's senate seat as well when Feinstein retires.

I really think there will be a realignment coming in the next few years in these blue states. At least for the first time since Reagan. Wait until these white, middle class/upper middle class citizens see their Obamacare premiums. That's going to piss them off.

mad cow
06-14-2013, 08:05 PM
There are a fair amount of gun manufacturers in Connecticut,don't know about this district but maybe it was a pocketbook issue.

enoch150
06-14-2013, 08:17 PM
The 53rd GA district is Ashford, Willington, and about 90% of Tolland (in the Northeast). Basically the whole eastern half of the state and the Northwest County are rural. I don't know how many areas of the state have above average levels of gun permit holders and representatives who voted for the gun bill. I know there are a at least a few others.

For those aren't familiar with CT, the heavily Republican areas are the two counties that border NY, with Fairfield County in the Southwest corner having a much higher population density. But those "republicans" are anti-gun. CT's 4th district (basically Fairfield County) had the last Republican Representative in New England, Chris Shays. Three weeks before the D.C. Heller Supreme Court decision, Chris Shays - a Republican - reintroduced the assault weapons ban.

http://i43.tinypic.com/99l1g7.png

Warlord
06-14-2013, 08:26 PM
There's a liberal caller from CT on Savage... he says he's listening and surprised at how much he agrees with him. Says he feels betrayed. Savage is telling him the environmental groups have been hijacked by communists. (the guy is a former activist or something)

TaftFan
06-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Schiff would have a better chance in New Hampshire.

enoch150
06-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Schiff would have a better chance in New Hampshire.

Schiff would have a better chance if he had run for CT Governor or 4th District US Representative.

He would have had a better chance if he didn't campaign on repealing the minimum wage. The economics are irrelevant. That's not an issue you can campaign on and win.