PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: As a practicing and respectful Catholic, this is sacred ground to me.

aGameOfThrones
06-14-2013, 03:02 PM
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi flashed unusual public anger and caused some confusion Thursday during a news conference when asked about the "moral difference" between late-term elective abortions and the infant deaths that led to murder convictions for Philadelphia abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell.

"You're probably enjoying that question a lot. I can see you savoring it," Pelosi responded in a sarcastic tone to John McCormack, a writer for The Weekly Standard, a conservative magazine, after he initially posed the question in front of cameras and other reporters.

However, McCormack persisted in pressing for a direct answer.

Pelosi never did oblige, but she did eventually declare: "As a practicing and respectful Catholic, this is sacred ground to me when we talk about this. This shouldn't have anything to do with politics."

Later, when a New York Times reporter at the same news conference said he wanted to return to the topic of abortion, Pelosi shut him down, saying, "I'm not going to."

In fact, McCormack's questioning of Pelosi had come just moments after the California Democrat had herself first raised the topic of abortion at the news conference in her opening remarks.

She was criticizing the House Judiciary Committee's passage Wednesday of a bill that would prohibit abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy as, in her word, "disrespectful" to the health and safety of women.

http://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-lashes-reporters-morality-term-abortions-172922169.html