PDA

View Full Version : I'm going on Television tonight... Fox Business Channel

Pages : [1] 2

Taco John
11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
I just received a call confirming that they would like for me to join them on America's Nightly Scoreboard with David Asman on the Fox Business Channel to discuss online campaigning.

Benaiah
11-26-2007, 04:09 PM
as a caller? or in the studio?

Melissa
11-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Do you know what time it will be? Good for you

ghemminger
11-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Taco John. I keep hearing about you in articles. Who are you can you tell us more about you and how you are getting in the press so much. Congrats.

My only advise would be to appear not to be fringe...and you'll do great!

Green Mountain Boy
11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Didn't even know there was a Fox Business channel. I'll have to check to see if I have it.

Benaiah
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Taco John was the guy in Ron Paul hit piece a few days ago. The article showed a post by Taco John telling us to go spam some journalist or something.

[edit] here is the article
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119587208818602847.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

American
11-26-2007, 04:14 PM
lovely, dont wear you guy fawkes shirt, k?

constitutional
11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
be careful...

Midnight77
11-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Going behind enemy lines?

Good luck. Make us proud and stand your ground.

Spirit of '76
11-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Brush your teeth, comb your hair, wear a tie, and don't pick your nose.

You'll do fine.

ThePieSwindler
11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Actually FBC has seemed fairly docile and almost kind to Ron Paul, the time he was on and when they cover him.

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Represent, Taco John, represent. You aren't just showing the world you... you are showing them all of us.

Don't mean to lecture... just take one for the team and make us proud!
:cool:

BLS
11-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Already set to tivo.

tomcat
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Admiral Akbar: "IT'S A TRAP"

Taco John
11-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Taco John. I keep hearing about you in articles. Who are you can you tell us more about you and how you are getting in the press so much. Congrats.

My only advise would be to appear not to be fringe...and you'll do great!

What do you think would look better on TV? A Klan hood, or a tin foil hat? ;)

I got a PM the day after 11/5 from a reporter from the WSJ saying she wanted to talk with me about online campaigning. We connected, and when we spoke, she sounded very sympathetic, like she understood that there was a lot of unfairness in the media with how we are being treated. About halfway through the call, when Huckabee's name came up, she started to get a bit defensive and thus put me on the defense. I then had the feeling that this was going to be a smear peice.

Apparently she thought it was "extreme" for us to be going around and finding contact information for the reporters and public commentators who were out there painting a negative picture about Dr. Paul, and his chances to become president. So she used a post that I made trying to rally the troops to fight the slander to make all Ron Paul supporters look off their rockers.

In any case, I got a call this morning from Fox Business News. They want to have me in studio to discuss (supposedly) the phenomenon of online campaigning. It actually sounds legit, because they have me on opposite of Andrew Saeij of Tech President and PersonalDemocracy.com.

I expect to be going on to talk about the concept of a decentralized campaign and why no other candidate "gets it" when it comes to online campaigning. They assured me that this wasn't going to be a contentious peice, and that the host might play a little devil's advocate, but that I'm not going on to be smeared. So that probably tells me that I should expect to be smeared (cynic that I am).

Benaiah
Here is the Wall Street Journal article with Taco John in it. It's dated 2 days ago.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119587208818602847.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Taco John
Represent, Taco John, represent. You aren't just showing the world you... you are showing them all of us.

Don't mean to lecture... just take one for the team and make us proud!
:cool:

Believe me, this thought has been weighing on me all afternoon.

constitutional
11-26-2007, 04:25 PM

I got a PM the day after 11/5 from a reporter from the WSJ saying she wanted to talk with me about online campaigning. We connected, and when we spoke, she sounded very sympathetic, like she understood that there was a lot of unfairness in the media with how we are being treated. About halfway through the call, when Huckabee's name came up, she started to get a bit defensive and thus put me on the defense. I then had the feeling that this was going to be a smear peice.

Apparently she thought it was "extreme" for us to be going around and finding contact information for the reporters and public commentators who were out there painting a negative picture about Dr. Paul, and his chances to become president. So she used a post that I made trying to rally the troops to fight the slander to make all Ron Paul supporters look off their rockers.

In any case, I got a call this morning from Fox Business News. They want to have me in studio to discuss (supposedly) the phenomenon of online campaigning. It actually sounds legit, because they have me on opposite of Andrew Saeij of Tech President and PersonalDemocracy.com.

I expect to be going on to talk about the concept of a decentralized campaign and why no other candidate "gets it" when it comes to online campaigning. They assured me that this wasn't going to be a contentious peice, and that the host might play a little devil's advocate, but that I'm not going on to be smeared. So that probably tells me that I should expect to be smeared (cynic that I am).

Maybe some of the fellow members here can help you out on some tips concerning the " phenomenon of online campaigning" and what not. You know... a one liner.

Benaiah
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Taco,

What time? Are you going in studio? Or calling in?

tomcat
11-26-2007, 04:28 PM
From the WSJ article: "But some Paul supporters are displaying an aggressive side that seems to spill beyond advocacy into harassment of those who disagree or fail to show Dr. Paul sufficient respect."

Know that they will be framing you on this issue. You are going to be asked leading questions that will make you look like you are fighting dirty.

My advice? Take that label and fly with it! Make a scene. Show them that we are, indeed, willing to fight dirty because that is exactly what it will take to reclaim our nation.

Tell them you fight dirty, but the only difference between you and the main stream media is that you aren't paid to do it. Make a splash. There is no such thing as bad publicity at this stage of the campaign ;)

specsaregood
11-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Believe me, this thought has been weighing on me all afternoon.

Tell 'em that Ron Paul, "cracked the code of the internet" and they have to donate to his campaign to find out the "secret". :)

BTW: on Verizon Fios TV it is channel: 94
I just turned on the channel and they were discussing verizon fios tv, funny.

mavtek
11-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Taco John wear a turbin and an Ammo belt across your chest. That would rock!

Just tell them the truth, Dr. Paul's online campaign has done so well because his campaign has practiced what he has preached for the last 30 years or more. He is letting those who support him do as they wish openly and freely. We are completely liberated from centralization and our campaign is reaching new highs. The country could be this way too, imagine a country liberated from centralization free to do the things they feel they need in their local areas as individuals.

This is an open source campaign, this campaign is about liberty, about the freedom to choose how to support Ron Paul.

rasheedwallace
11-26-2007, 04:31 PM
someone needs to upload the video, i will be gone tonight.

good luck, plug ron!

stefans
11-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm not expert in any way but I think pointing out that it's not about some special tactic or some great guy on the campaign who is a genius but about ron paul's message and we're only using the internet for circumventing the traditional media and to organize.
the democrat is probably going to talk about specifics of websites, youtube, myspace, etc.

irrelevant imho.

mavtek
11-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Oh and take my advice, turn the ambush tactics on them. If a question regarding harassment comes up, tell them that's a harassing question, is it your job to make me feel like I've been harassed.

Here's another way to respond, it's hard to read articles directed toward us the supporters in a bad light, I just don't understand why individuals who are paid to be professional journalists would care about attacking supporters of Ron Paul.

Only you can prevent forest fires.

Mark Rushmore
11-26-2007, 04:41 PM
You could try and tie together the fundraising and harassment if it comes up. Something like:

"In a typical campaign - all the money comes filtered through a few powerful groups, and all the smearing and harrassment comes out of the same groups plus a few major media outlets. Conversely - decentralization is the hallmark of the Ron Paul campaign. The donations come from tens of thousands all over the country - likewise the smears and harassment are going to have a broader base. You can't understand the one phenomenon without also understanding the other."

The fundraising, the harassment - turn it all back around into how widespread and energized people are by this message.

curtisag
11-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Go Taco go! Show them what grassroots really means.

jake
11-26-2007, 04:45 PM
when will this air?

Syren123
11-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Funny how when the thieving government, America-hating special interest groups, and fascist corporatist whore politicians speak and publish OUTRIGHT LIES, that's okay. But when we call them on it suddenly, WE'RE aggressive.

Uncooperative and nonsubservient is more like it.

Go, Taco John! Make us proud!

steph3n
11-26-2007, 04:47 PM
youtube please fox business isn't on dish network, not that I care normally :D

syborius
11-26-2007, 04:48 PM

Prepare for the worst, and smile through it all, like RP did with O-Lielly. Being polite and nice, and doing exactly the opposite of what antagonists expect makes us look the best.

"We don't have time for a history lesson, Sir"

KramerDSP
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Looks like 7 to 8 pm EST

inibo
11-26-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm not expert in any way but I think pointing out that it's not about some special tactic or some great guy on the campaign who is a genius but about ron paul's message and we're only using the internet for circumventing the traditional media and to organize.
the democrat is probably going to talk about specifics of websites, youtube, myspace, etc.

irrelevant imho.

Yes, this is like the folks at KOS wanting to "put Ron Paul's campaign in a test tube and study it." The secret is not harnessing the web or "cracking the code of the internet," it is having a bulletproof message and an impeccable spokesman. It is the content, not the some special mastery of the medium, that is propelling this. All the other campaigns have access to the same tools we do, they just don't have anything worthwhile to offer. That is why we are succeeding where they aren't

Syren123
11-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Yes, this is like the folks at KOS wanting to "put Ron Paul's campaign in a test tube and study it." The secret is not harnessing the web or "cracking the code of the internet," it is having a bulletproof message and an impeccable spokesman. It is the content, not the some special mastery of the medium, that is propelling this. All the other campaigns have access to the same tools we do, they just don't have anything worthwhile to offer. That is why we are succeeding where they aren't

OMG this is so true. Can you believe those dippy wonks?! HELLO! Ron Paul has TOLD you the secret a thousand times already.

Elwar
11-26-2007, 04:57 PM
From what you've told us it appears that they are not on Ron Paul's side. How many interviews have you seen where they think there's some sort of magic forumula for campaigning online as opposed to the fact that it is Ron Paul's message of freedom that makes it a success.

Do not respond to their "devils advocate attacks". Turn it like a politician, nobody ever says after a short interview..."he didn't answer that question".

When asked about why is Ron Paul so successful on the Internet...tell them that it is his message of freedom and a return to a government small enough to fit into the Constitution.

When asked anything else, stress his online successes:
* #1 at Eventful demands for GOP candidates
* #1 in MySpace friends at 83,539.
* #1 in YouTube subscriptions at 36,816.
* #1 at Meetup having 1,150 groups, with 75,000 members
* #1 in Technorati search terms since May 9, 2007
* #1 in Facebook Profile on the Republican ticket with supporters at 37,790
* #1 at Facebook's Election '08 App on the Republican ticket, having 9% of the vote with 23,939 votes.

And then there's the "translating into real world numbers". Stress his amazing fundraising (especially among the military) and his straw poll results:
First place 23 out of 40 straw polls.
Higher results compared to all other Republican candidates.

This is a smear campaign. Don't inject your own opinion (sorry, but that's where they try to get you). Give only positive facts...in response to EVERYTHING.

DjLoTi
11-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I wish I could go on TV :)

Energy
11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Actually FBC has seemed fairly docile and almost kind to Ron Paul, the time he was on and when they cover him.

That's because FBC is a paid channel unlike the regular Fox News Channel. The positive FBC coverage is of course welcomed but we need it more on FNC.

wsc321
11-26-2007, 05:03 PM
When asked about why is Ron Paul so successful on the Internet...

I've always been frustrated by this question. The obvious answer - that the Internet is the #1 vehicle for the American people to be heard honestly and unfiltered - is never considered. There's always an implication that it's somehow "techies" or some mutant group... anything but regular Americans.

Maverick
11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
youtube please fox business isn't on dish network, not that I care normally :D

Yes please. Someone make sure to get this up on Youtube. I don't have the Fox Business Channel either (nor do I want it :p).

BlCkDeAtH
11-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Just remember, the reason the media attacks us is because they cannot argue the message and Ron Paul is a consistent, honest individual.

We should look at how campaigns are run as a microcosm (dunno if thats the right word) of what the candidates presidency will look like. You have Fred Thompson, whose co-chairman had a criminal past. McCain, who spends more money than he gets. Clinton, who changes her position from speech to speech, sometimes even in the middle of one. And Romney, who had Craig working for his campaign.

And then there is Paul, who allows people to do as they wish. And look at the great success our grassroots has had. We create our own advertisments, better than most other campaings. We organize mass money bombs, which break records, and we run our own commercials. The amount of freedom Ron Paul allows his supporters to have, the consistent message he has carried for his WHOLE political life, the efficiency of how he spends his money, and the fact that he gets all of it from small contributions, from former democrats, converted neo-cons, independents, and of course republicans, is what his presidency will look like.

Smiley Gladhands
11-26-2007, 05:13 PM
You could try and tie together the fundraising and harassment if it comes up. Something like:

"In a typical campaign - all the money comes filtered through a few powerful groups, and all the smearing and harrassment comes out of the same groups plus a few major media outlets. Conversely - decentralization is the hallmark of the Ron Paul campaign. The donations come from tens of thousands all over the country - likewise the smears and harassment are going to have a broader base. You can't understand the one phenomenon without also understanding the other."

The fundraising, the harassment - turn it all back around into how widespread and energized people are by this message.

+1

Syren123
11-26-2007, 05:26 PM
And then there is Paul, who allows people to do as they wish. And look at the great success our grassroots has had. We create our own advertisments, better than most other campaings. We organize mass money bombs, which break records, and we run our own commercials. The amount of freedom Ron Paul allows his supporters to have, the consistent message he has carried for his WHOLE political life, the efficiency of how he spends his money, and the fact that he gets all of it from small contributions, from former democrats, converted neo-cons, independents, and of course republicans, is what his presidency will look like.

You're right. We're the bomb. Just imagine what we're going to do when we get our hands on the govt machinery! :D

misconstrued
11-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Tell 'em that Ron Paul, "cracked the code of the internet" and they have to donate to his campaign to find out the "secret". :)

BTW: on Verizon Fios TV it is channel: 94
I just turned on the channel and they were discussing verizon fios tv, funny.

Adam Curry would agree ;)

ghemminger
11-26-2007, 05:34 PM

Taco - Don't even joke around! lol - great to get your side of the story. the MSM is getting very sckizo towards our movement. Just emulate Ron Paul - he is so measured and classy in his responses to the MSM. Good Luck - we will be counting on you!

Ginobili
11-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Im not sure, but I think he might be preppin up now... :O

slantedview
11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Does he just happen to live in the same town as the Fox studio?

RevolutionSD
11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Taco John on now and kickin ass!

ghemminger
11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Link

RevolutionSD
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
He mentioned ronpaulblimp.com and made it clear we are BOTTOM UP!
He ripped the media for calling RP a "fringe candidate"!
He mentioned the dollar crashing!

this is GREAT!

RevolutionSD
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm watching on channel 249 here in CA.

RevolutionSD
11-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Now they have a lady on who sounds like she smokes 3 packs a day who likes Obama.

Midnight77
11-26-2007, 06:24 PM

I expect to be going on to talk about the concept of a decentralized campaign and why no other candidate "gets it" when it comes to online campaigning. They assured me that this wasn't going to be a contentious piece, and that the host might play a little devil's advocate, but that I'm not going on to be smeared. So that probably tells me that I should expect to be smeared (cynic that I am).

You got that right. Be on your guard and have plenty of soundbites.

sirachman
11-26-2007, 06:25 PM
PLEASE say someone is YouTubing this!!

RevolutionSD
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
That was COOL!
'
Isaac (Taco John) got a lot in and despite the attempts of the host to cut him off he even mentioned December 16th!

HOME RUN!

Sorry no youtube here. :(

FunkBuddha
11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Awesome job Taco John!!! I think you got in every plug you could although he cut you off on the Tea Party.

literatim
11-26-2007, 06:29 PM
That was great. :)

MsDoodahs
11-26-2007, 06:29 PM
OMG.

That was....AWESOME!!!

TacoJohn, you did FANTASTIC!!!

Did us proud, sir, did us real proud.

THANK YOU!!!

(If you didn't see it, when you see the youtube, you're going to be VERY happy!)

THANK YOU AGAIN TJ!!!!

troyd1
11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
youtube?

AdoubleR
11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

When they say the war is necessary, ask them to send their relatives there or go themselves!!!

AdoubleR
11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Oops! Too Late!

MsDoodahs
11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
I think that the guy from TechPresident gets it, and MAYBE that host guy had a glimmer of understanding, but the rest of them...they still can't let go of their top down concept of campaigns.

Loved it when TJ said "we're seeing the future RIGHT NOW." :D

jake
11-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Youtube??

MsDoodahs
11-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Now they have a lady on who sounds like she smokes 3 packs a day who likes Obama.

Susan Estrich.

She was correct that unless we turn out DELEGATES, not a damn bit of this matters.

Just so you kids know...that is the whole ballgame, so if you have NOT looked at how to become a delegate in your state...WHY HAVEN'T YOU????

Get to that section and find out what you need to do. PRONTO!

:)

sirachman
11-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Someone YouTubed it right?

...Refreshed google video search over and over...

Damn my cable provider really needs to add fox buisness network... such crap

FunkBuddha
11-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm trying to youtube it right now. It takes me a while to fetch it and encode it off the Tivo.

jake
11-26-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm trying to youtube it right now. It takes me a while to fetch it and encode it off the Tivo.

I now worship buddha! :D

KramerDSP
11-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Taco John, you were perfect. That was a grand slam. :)

jamesmadison
11-26-2007, 06:37 PM
I now worship buddha! :D

http://www.snowlion.com/snowlion/images/database/trip/Buddha_at_Deer_Park_.jpg_115006965743f4f6d872976.j pg

MsDoodahs
11-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I think they showed the front page of RPForums, also showed DailyPaul...

:D

steph3n
11-26-2007, 06:40 PM
you ttttttttuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeee!!!!!

(to the tune of yoooohooooooo!)

Wyurm
11-26-2007, 06:41 PM
I think they showed the front page of RPForums, also showed DailyPaul...

Alot of news reports have been showing Ron Paul Forums. It makes me paranoid, kinda like feeling someone is watching you while you're in the shower.

sirachman
11-26-2007, 06:41 PM
You are truly a god among mortals!

garrettwombat
11-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Alot of news reports have been showing Ron Paul Forums. It makes me paranoid, kinda like feeling someone is watching you while you're in the shower.

no bush has aleady got the shower part covered

BLS
11-26-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm working on youtubing it right now...but I have to go....

Have a Ron Paul Meetup scheduled for 15 mins from now.
I will post it when I get back....sorry.

PS - Taco...you were NERVOUS AS HELL!!! :D
You did great though....and you didn't take any shit. Love ya man. Nice work!!

Benaiah
11-26-2007, 06:48 PM
That's awesome Taco. How long was the interview guys? Can't wait to see it.

sirachman
11-26-2007, 06:49 PM
OMFG NOOOOO!
on a side note, as long as its for a meetup then its ok.
lol

hambone1982
11-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Bump....any news on the YouTube yet?

Sandy
11-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Funny how when the thieving government, America-hating special interest groups, and fascist corporatist whore politicians speak and publish OUTRIGHT LIES, that's okay. But when we call them on it suddenly, WE'RE aggressive.

Uncooperative and nonsubservient is more like it.

Go, Taco John! Make us proud!

Yes, and we aren't following the cocky and egotistical MSM and the candidates they have chosen for us, so we are "aggressive". How DARE we think for ourselves and not follow what they repeat over and over to us. They don't like that they don't have the power they want to have over us, too bad! Waaaaaah!

Anyone that isn't politically correct or doesn't go along with the status quo is 'aggressive' if you haven't noticed. That lady sounds like a commie change agent.

Kudos Taco John, can't wait to see the YouTube! :cool:

FunkBuddha
11-26-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm working on a youtube, it will take me another 30 45 minutes though.

hambone1982
11-26-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm working on a youtube, it will take me another 30 45 minutes though.

Thanks Budddha! :D

FunkBuddha
11-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Uploading first part now, I have to put my son to bed, so it'll be a few minutes are part 2.

sirachman
11-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Awesome! Link to your video list plz?

FunkBuddha
11-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1RgaQTapdg

Sey.Naci
11-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Alot of news reports have been showing Ron Paul Forums. It makes me paranoid, kinda like feeling someone is watching you while you're in the shower.ROFL. Sometimes you guys just crack me up. Haven't laughed this much in ages. And laughter is good for these old lungs. :)

GHoeberX
11-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Part 1

Nice; it starts at 4:20

ItsTime
11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I want part two! that was bad editing lolol should have cut out before taco johns part.

constitutional
11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Incoming Hit Piece!!! Take Cover!

Geez, they are so inaccurate. "attacks of the bloggers" "Howard dean" "bully"

piotr1
11-26-2007, 07:34 PM
YEAAA!!! where's part 2!! i'm hungry for more!

steph3n
11-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Incoming Hit Piece!!! Take Cover!

eh?

No rick rolls!

steph3n
11-26-2007, 07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lso3Kc5h_U

part 2!

ItsTime
11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Thank you. And this is not hit piece.

part 2!

FunkBuddha
11-26-2007, 07:39 PM
that was my first attempt at youtubing something.. the way i have to do it is a real pain in the ass

Sandra
11-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Taco John, you were fantastic!

garrettwombat
11-26-2007, 07:40 PM
what the heck was that "wooooooops" part?

hahahaha

Ron LOL
11-26-2007, 07:41 PM
This Susan Estrich woman is awful.

ItsTime
11-26-2007, 07:41 PM
They are talking about like Ron Paul started the whole online thing by spending millions to do so....

FreeTraveler
11-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Great job, Taco John!

Amazing, they don't understand at all that it's about the message, not about what the official campaign does or doesn't do to "encourage" it. It takes people who are committed to a message to do what's being done here. If the "grassroots" doesn't buy the message, no amount of organizing or planning will trigger a movement like this!

jake
11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
its the message, not some kind of marketing ploy. AVERAGE AMERICANS WILL NOT DONATE TO RICH MONEY GRUBBING WAR MONGERING CANDIDATES. they can spend a zillion dollars and they won't bring in the donations the Ron Paul campaign is doing and will do on December 16th.

DJ RP
11-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Nice man you did great!

I love all these 'experts' who come on with college degrees, nice suits all well spoken who JUST DON'T GET IT AT ALL!!!! They think Ron Paul has harnessed the internet but the Internet has harnessed him.

constitutional
11-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Yep, taco john you did great but they are badly misinformed. You made a lot of sense than those other guys. Good job.

Naraku
11-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Of course, it's all about being a good candidate and they don't get this. They also don't seem to get that massive support on the Internet, does translate into support at the polls, especially when that begins to spill over into the media and the streets in the form of rallies and the like.

To put it simply, the Internet is king.

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Taco John, you rocked! You were awesome!

SlapItHigh
11-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Great Job Taco John!!

Jerome
11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Good job Taco John. You did great.

crhoades
11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Just watched it. Kudos to you sir!

LibertyEagle
11-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Well done, Taco John.

FluxCapacitor
11-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Good Job, Isaac!

It is kind of funny to hear the pundits say stuff along the lines of, "Well, Clinton and Romney only spent a million dollars each on internet advertising. That's really not very much." They missed the whole point.

Ron Paul didn't have to spend any money on internet advertising. All he had to do was go about his business and be himself. He's an honest, straightshooting guy, and it's refreshing.

nathanmn
11-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Great job Taco John! You did us proud! :)

Nice man you did great!

I love all these 'experts' who come on with college degrees, nice suits all well spoken who JUST DON'T GET IT AT ALL!!!! They think Ron Paul has harnessed the internet but the Internet has harnessed him.

That is true, but let us also realize that one of the best things the campaign has done is make the donations appear on the web site. They also make the site friendly to and promote youtube, meetup, myspace, etc. They sure haven't got in the way of what we are doing much and have helped facilitate it somewhat. Of course, it is mostly the message and the integrity of the man delivering it.

Henry
11-26-2007, 07:55 PM
TJ,

You represented the whole movement well!!!

Daveforliberty
11-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Those who can't do, teach.
Those who can't think, pundit.

You were fantastic Taco John! You're right. They just don't get it!

drednot
11-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Great job Taco John.

(And thanks to FunkBuddha.)

JoshLowry
11-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Great job Taco John.

You handled yourself very well.

hasan
11-26-2007, 07:58 PM
you did jolly well taco john :)

ItsTime
11-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Agreed great job Taco.... They are CLUELESS. They think people build grassroots because they are darlings of the media. CLUELESS.

Those who can't do, teach.
Those who can't think, pundit.

You were fantastic Taco John! You're right. They just don't get it!

OptionsTrader
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Nice!

He used my suggestion of talking about the dollar index under 75 today vs 120 before the war on terror, woohoo...

to taco john,

A business news related request

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I trade stocks and the currency markets and have a request if you can fit it in on TV.

Mention that the dollar index broke down below 75 today and that it was around 120 before this global war on terror. And that this fact is why the American people feel poorer after having their buying power stolen without being asked. An indirect and dishonest tax on their buying power. And make the point that Ron paul is the only candidate that is talking about this fact, and that the other Republican candidates either do not understand monetary policy or do not want to admit that the Bush administration's foreign policy is making hte poorer poorer, devastating the middle class, and the devaluation of the dollar is driving up the cost of everything (ie nearly $100 oil)

maxmerkel
11-26-2007, 08:06 PM
this may surprise you, but i think you did really well :D

Buzz
11-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Nice. :cool:

Voodoo
11-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Taco John gets to be the disembodied voice in Doc's earpiece during the next debate! That was great stuff!

Bossobass
11-26-2007, 08:09 PM
That's called knocking the cover off the ball, my friend. Excellent!

Bosso

thechitowncubs
11-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow, good job, well said.

Diana
11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Just watched the youtube. Thanks for that upload. Nice job Taco John. I also thought that Andrew ___couldn't read his last name was very clear, had a good grasp, and did a nice job explaining what it was all about. Certainly those other two were less than on top of things. Overall a good piece.

Dave Wood
Great job Taco John.

You handled yourself very well.

EVERYONE...remember this moment! You are ALL applauding Tacojohn for his performance and bravery when YOU were trying to get him kicked off of the forums mere weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh can show you the thread. Josh even sent a warning of some sort to TACO but not a banishment.

Remember who we are! Let the ideas grow, dont cut them down. These forums are a powerful tool as long as the control freaks are held at bay.

Way to go Tacojohn!! You stand vindicated and I am on your side for what its worth.

torchbearer
TACO JOHN IS A TALKING HEAD!!! WE ARE INFILTRATING THE MATRIX!!!
I'm am smiling ear to ear right now... that was great Taco John! I hope you become a regular and maybe even get your own show! You did great!

Spirit of '76
11-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Awesome job, Taco John!

JoshLowry
Oh and props to Andrew from www.TechPresident.com for his fair views as well.

Jodi
Nice man you did great!

They can't get the fact that Ron Paul's campaign is on Auto Pilot!

frasu
11-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Awesome, awesome job Taco John... hats off to you for holding your own...

I love how this people analyze "the phenomenon" and get wowed when they hear: independent people putting together independent ideas.... hahahaha

so great that they don't get simple and upfront things

RockEnds
11-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Very well done.

ThePieSwindler
11-26-2007, 08:16 PM
That susan estrich bitch, for a little background, is a liberal feminist media establishment lawyer- not exactly the most friendly to the ron paul. She was being alittle condescending bitch.

OptionsTrader
11-26-2007, 08:16 PM

Absolutely.

Check out the graps on his site if you have not already such as:

http://www.techpresident.com/scrape_plot/hitwise

noztnac
11-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Way to plug the blimp!

Taco John
11-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the support all. I felt great after that was all done. I got the blimp out, I mentioned the teaparty, though he talked over the URL, and I got people thinking about what our fundraising numbers are going to mean leading into the real primaries. He didn't take any time to appreciate the point, but I guarantee other people out there did...

This was a great experience. Glad people were happy about it. :)

gagnonstudio
11-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Nice Job!! :)

cien750hp
11-26-2007, 08:22 PM
you were great taco john!
i dont know why they can't understand that he didn't harness the internet, the internet harnessed him and his message. We are truely different because our grassroots cares more than anyone else, that countless people are dedicating their lives, and this is truely a second american revolution.

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the support all. I felt great after that was all done. I got the blimp out, I mentioned the teaparty, though he talked over the URL, and I got people thinking about what our fundraising numbers are going to mean leading into the real primaries. He didn't take any time to appreciate the point, but I guarantee other people out there did...

You were a pro! I hope they have you back regularly... you definitely bring a fresh perspective.

pcosmar
11-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I missed it live but saw the video, Great job.
Nice to see a face to go with the name.

chipvogel
11-26-2007, 08:25 PM
thanks....Its not just Ron Paul that gives me hope

Mr. White
11-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Little shakey, but who wouldn't have been under those circumstances? Thanks for sticking your neck WAY out there.

hambone1982
11-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Great job Taco John! I hope Fox Business Channel uses you as a guest in the future. You're a good representative of the Ron Paul Grassroots, IMHO.

Johnnybags
11-26-2007, 08:31 PM
do they just play it? I think they really think that its its the net that made Ron Paul rather than the message? The money bombs are proof, the others failed miserably, its because they are talking out their arses and everyone knows it. Are these guys that far out of the mainstream?

Real_CaGeD
11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Way to go! I think you did soo well they cut the segment short.

Taco John
11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Great job Taco John! I hope Fox Business Channel uses you as a guest in the future. You're a good representative of the Ron Paul Grassroots, IMHO.

The gal at the station told me that there's a good possibility that I could get calls in the future. She said that I was passionate and knowledgable and provided a fresh perspective.

It was an honor to be able to represent. :)

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 08:41 PM
The gal at the station told me that there's a good possibility that I could get calls in the future. She said that I was passionate and knowledgable and provided a fresh perspective.

Taco John, you may not realize this yet, but you have risen to the level of major player in our revolution. I think that is awesome... be wise in how you use your new station. You are off to a great start!
May history remember, Taco John.

American
11-26-2007, 08:41 PM
That was good, until you said "We are going to blow them away" I was waiting for the "dude" at the end...

LOL.

Good job Taco John, that was very good

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
That was good, until you said "We are going to blow them away" I was waiting for the "dude" at the end...

LOL.

Good job Taco John, that was very good

I liked it. Subtle jab at giddy Glenn.

NinjaPirate
11-26-2007, 08:44 PM
That was awesome!!

*Mr. Burns voice* Excellent work, TacoJohn....

progrock
11-26-2007, 08:45 PM
excellent job taco. you did great!!

MsDoodahs
11-26-2007, 08:46 PM

Yes, that gent clearly understands what is happening here.

In case you are reading, thank you, Mr...um....er....um....thank you, Andrew. :)

Michigan11
11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Awesome interview Taco John! Well done. You were great.

I liked every point you made and the references to the blimp, and the tea party! Way to go.

Janet0116
11-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Wonderful job Taco John! But everyone is right, the talking heads miss the whole point. :lol But that's ok, they'll realize it a year from now.

bobmurph
11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Great Job, Taco John!

It's amazing how clueless the pundits are when talking about "leveraging the internet" and "internet campaigning". They just don't get it. The host asked one guest if it was an "oversight for Hillary Clinton to ONLY spend $1 million on her internet campaign?" LOL!!!

Summary of Ron Paul's internet "campaign":
1. Buy server
2. Build website.
3. Maintain website.

I seriously wonder how much that cost. Certainly not close to $1M!

They don't understand that it's NOT THE INTERNET that is fueling Ron Paul...ITS THE MESSAGE. It's really as simple as that and they are completely and utterly clueless. The internet is just the medium.

kmforpaul
11-26-2007, 08:49 PM
bravo taco john, bravo.

But for some constructive criticism: I was waiting for you to bring up 'the message'! Possibly next time they ask you why the grassroots work so well, you could bring up that 'the message' energizes the grassroots. Not the 'individual' energizing the grassroots.

Again, Bravisimo!!!

bdillahu
11-26-2007, 08:50 PM
I can never think "on my feet" that well... I wind up thinking of the perfect response later, when the moment is past.

Thanks for being willing to get out there and do this!

TennesseeVol4RP08
Have your pistol strapped on your side. I bet they will be nicer to you.

schmeisser
Bravo TJ, great job!

XelR8r
11-26-2007, 08:52 PM
You Rock, Taco.

Nice tie.

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 08:53 PM
bravo taco john, bravo.

But for some constructive criticism: I was waiting for you to bring up 'the message'! Possibly next time they ask you why the grassroots work so well, you could bring up that 'the message' energizes the grassroots. Not the 'individual' energizing the grassroots.

Again, Bravisimo!!!

In his defense, the message is about individualism. in fact the entire war of ideas is between individualist versus collectivist.

Taco John
11-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks folks... If you are interested in reading more of my takes on Ron Paul, I penned the following articles:

Ron Paul Crossing the Chasm:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/lopez2.html

and

Ron Paul is a Protest Candidate (decptive title, you'll love the ending):
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/lopez1.html

Alabama Supporter
11-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Great job Taco! Way to come through under pressure. Very clear points and you got to mention the Blimp!!!

Keith
11-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Great job Taco John.

My fiat $0.02 worth:

Susan Estrich has a voice for the newspapers.

They really proved that they don't get it. They seem to think that if a candidate that nobody likes or agrees with just spends enough money on the internet that they can capture the same lightening in a bottle that Ron Paul has.

A member of this forum that the media had already portrayed in a negative light gets selected probably for that very reason to go on TV and does us all very proud.

wbbgjr
11-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Good job taco john.

Watching the video reminds me of how ignorant these people in the media are. They keep talking about "leveraging" and pouring money into the internet.

We should remember that the next time we find an inaccurate article in the media. They probably are not malicious, it's just ignorance and we might be able to win them over if we don't attack them.

FreeTraveler
11-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks folks... If you are interested in reading more of my takes on Ron Paul, I penned the following articles:

Ron Paul Crossing the Chasm:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/lopez2.html

and

Ron Paul is a Protest Candidate (decptive title, you'll love the ending):
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/lopez1.html

The Protest Candidate article is one of the best I've read. Wonderful job!

Revolution9
11-26-2007, 09:03 PM

You forgot to add "my little chickadee" to the end of that. I always read your posts in WC Fields speak.. You are precisely and exactly correct on this point made above.

Best Regards
Randy

ladyliberty
11-26-2007, 09:10 PM
You were wonderful Taco John!

RP4ME
11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
is there a link?

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 09:14 PM
is there a link?

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1RgaQTapdg
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lso3Kc5h_U

axiomata
11-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Great job!

I was worried that when that one journalist targeted you for her hit piece she might have found a slouch among us supporters. Boy was I wrong and I apologize for thinking that. There are no slouches in the Ron Paul grassroots. She is now wishing she hadn't unleashed you on to center stage. You aced it.

LFOD
11-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Woohoo! YEAH!

Great interview. Thanks to the Fox interviewer for working the story instead of pursuing an agenda. Great job Taco John!! Take that WSJ!

Revolution9
11-26-2007, 09:26 PM
This Susan Estrich woman is awful.

Susan Ostrich. I swear to godi f she was an animal she would be an ostrich. TacoJohn.. You did great pal. I am proud of you,, Just enough push but no belligerence. Taking them to task over phrasings.. Good stuff. You were more of the expert than their experts.

I will bet you get more media calls.

Best
Randy

CCTelander
11-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Great job Taco John!

Syren123
11-26-2007, 09:30 PM
FIRST RATE!!! Taco John you were AWESOME! Takin' them to school over there!

That Andrew guy in the beginning was interesting and as liberal and annoying as Susan Estrich is, she's right about the delegate thing.

Great, great job, Taco! We're totally proud of you.

ctb619
11-26-2007, 09:33 PM
I nominate you for the Ron Paul Forums Hall of Fame. You represented us well sir.

Adamsa
11-26-2007, 09:34 PM
You rock Taco John.

Revolution9
11-26-2007, 09:35 PM
EVERYONE...remember this moment! You are ALL applauding Tacojohn for his performance and bravery when YOU were trying to get him kicked off of the forums mere weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!
<snipped to emphasize>?
These forums are a powerful tool as long as the control freaks are held at bay.

I love the irony. I am all for taking the yardstick to these media clowns bratty little butts. The people need to understand what strong resolve and will some of us have and just let us get on with business. The control freaks need to just get out of the way and let the real men and women take care of business..

We don't need no steenking honchos.

Vote for Ron Paul and Control Your Self!

Best
Randy

Revolution9
11-26-2007, 09:42 PM

TorchBearer said this and I am going to reiterate it.. You have just stepped into some new shoes. Wear them well and keep your feisty spirit about you. We already know you are fair and well mannered and well spoken. So no need for admonishment. It will be cool watching some guy on the forum achieve a regulars status on the talking head shows.

Legends are a brewing on the RP forum.. Ya all might just be named in future history books as the guys who helped restore the Republic.

Best Regards
Randy

inibo
11-26-2007, 09:51 PM
http://www.joellesmith.com/images/Joel_Joe_Caleb_hats_off_8-03_72dpi.jpg

BizmanUSA
11-26-2007, 09:58 PM
what the heck was that "wooooooops" part?

hahahaha

It was a lightning strike from the MSM Godbots ;) :eek:

BizmanUSA

amakris
11-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Posted for people looking at the last page...
Part 1:
Part 2:

matthylland
11-26-2007, 10:05 PM
very nice job taco jon!

hope you are proud, you represented well. I think these business channels are important...lots of money watching...

I like that guy's interview, no slander, good reporting and he even had a few positives to say.

great job!!

BizmanUSA
11-26-2007, 10:17 PM
It's a Bird - It's a Plane - NO, It's TACO JOHN our hero! :D

Seriously as sooo many other agree you did one very F A N T A S T I C presentation of the grassroots and Ron Paul - A personal thank you for your support and effort!

As that old peace of paper said WE THE PEOPLE . . .

Very Cool Beans!

BizmanUSA

adpierce
11-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Fantastic. You did as well a job as anybody could have expected. Bravo Bravo Bravo!

Steve4RP
11-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Well done! Who thought we would ever see the day when a person from a grass root forum could reach MSM level!

voytechs
11-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Nice!

Maria
11-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Very well done! Your statements were very powerful and I loved how you explained that this online movement is a grassroots effort and that's why it is so strong. The other candidates, no matter how much money they invest on the internet, would never get the same result as Ron Paul.

I for one am putting up signs, talking to people, donating money and getting the information I need to become a delegate here in FL. One Ron Paul fan = the strength of 100!

I honestly think people have NO idea what is coming. They think we just sit here and chat and share ideas but aren't aware of the politics involved in winning the election. haha...just wait, we are going to totally dominate the RNC and win this election.

The message of FREEDOM is very POWERFUL

Chester Copperpot
11-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Good deal Taco John.. I love how you threw the Dollar Index in there at them. haha

paulitics
11-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Couple of good points. I like how you snuck the blimp in there. You were more prepared than the pundits.

Taco John
11-26-2007, 10:44 PM
The thing that I love about this is that they started this thing out to demonize us... The story starts out about "Ron Paul Internet Bullies" and then Andrew really set the stage for me... We owe that guy big time...

ConstitutionGal
11-26-2007, 10:44 PM
TOTALLY AWESOME Issac!! You were GREAT! You kept your cool, made your points yet refused to let the host talk over you! You controlled the situation and I think, as a result, you will have caused more new people to take a look at Dr. Paul and his message. KUDOS to YOU!! You made us all proud!

I also loved your The Protest Candidate article! Well nicely done!

bp2519
11-26-2007, 10:45 PM
good job taco john :D

wgadget
11-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Taco John for VP!

Platondas
11-26-2007, 10:52 PM
That was extremely well done! I hope to see you on the air again :).

brandon
11-26-2007, 10:53 PM
That was great. Fantastic job taco

Taco John
11-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Taco John for VP!

Ambassador to Costa Rica would suit me a little better... ;)

I'm proud to have represented our movement... The weight of this thing was with me all day. I said a little prayer before it started that I'd represent us well, sat up a little straighter, and took some deep breaths.

My ears have been ringing from the adrenaline rush all night.

Perium
Good job!!!

Danny
It is just astounding to see how ignorant these guys are. They're getting paid to explain this to the public, and they don't have a clue!

It's the message, stupid! There's a reason Ron Paul has won every internet poll since May. There's a reason you can't find a political blog post on the entire internet that doesn't have 20 Ron Paul related comments. When people hear this message and take a little time to understand this message, they don't just agree with it. They agree with it so much that they feel compelled to tell everyone they can about it.

It's not some secret that his campaign knows that no one else can figure out. The internet just happens to be the easiest way for the average person to get the word out en masse. If anything, the "secret" they've figured out is to make as few mistakes as possible and stay out of the way.

Sorry for the rant. Great job Taco John!

tonyTheBest
11-26-2007, 10:56 PM
He got the Blimp and Dec 16th out. Way to go Taco

maxbish
11-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Well done Taco! You presented yourself in an intelligent, informed and articulate manner, you did us proud.

It seems that they opened the piece with a negative tone towards us, but I think Taco is right in saying that Andrew helped temper the attitude over there. Overall I think it was a positive piece that I couldn't ask to have gone any better. :)

devil21
11-26-2007, 11:21 PM
You represented us well! Just as important as the coverage is that viewers can put a face to the grassroots Revolution and show that it is not a 19 year old with a mohawk and a joint in his hand sitting behind a computer. Great job TJ.

ShowMeLiberty
11-26-2007, 11:31 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/salute1.jpg

Outstanding job, Taco John!

It never fails to amaze me how these "experts" just don't get it. Like that one woman talking about "delegates or it doesn't matter". Well, duh. A few minutes of searching would have shown her that becoming delegates is a VERY active topic of discussion here and on other RP sites.

*sigh* The only thing I want out of this, besides Ron Paul as President, is for the MSM to realize that it doesn't matter what all the "'experts" say. The only thing that matters is what We The People say when we vote.

dwdollar
11-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Fantastic Job!

blamx8
11-26-2007, 11:37 PM
good work Taco,

I liked how you told him to zip it and let you finish your thought.

ZenX
11-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Mark Taco John down for the history books as the revolution marches on!

megasooner
11-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Good job. Should've hit them on the "Anti-establishment" point though.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-26-2007, 11:42 PM
I also remember some people wanting to kick our "hero" Taco John from the forums... At any rate, great job Taco.

wfd40
11-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Ambassador to Costa Rica would suit me a little better... ;)

I'm proud to have represented our movement... The weight of this thing was with me all day. I said a little prayer before it started that I'd represent us well, sat up a little straighter, and took some deep breaths.

My ears have been ringing from the adrenaline rush all night.

You should be very proud of yourself man.. incredibly eloquent you were :)

ksuguy
11-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Good job. I could tell you were nervous, but you held your own and got your point across. It is clear that some of these commentators just don't get it. They just cannot comprehend the decentralized effort we've got going on here.

Allan Bartlett
11-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Huge props to you Taco. I wrote a column about Ron Paul that is going to appear in the largest Republican daily website in California tomorrow morning. It'll be on <a href="http://www.flashreport.org/">Flashreport</a>.

Allan Bartlett
11-26-2007, 11:48 PM
http://www.flashreport.org/

paulitics
11-26-2007, 11:51 PM
I also remember some people wanting to kick our "hero" Taco John from the forums... At any rate, great job Taco.

were a fickle bunch.

Taco John
11-27-2007, 12:14 AM
I would have loved to have talked about some other things... One thing I was going to bring up if the chance came up was how the reason that Obama can't beat Hillary is that Ron Paul's campaign is cannibalizing his supporters, and then bring up the Obamala.com story...

user
11-27-2007, 12:22 AM
I would have loved to have talked about some other things... One thing I was going to bring up if the chance came up was how the reason that Obama can't beat Hillary is that Ron Paul's campaign is cannibalizing his supporters, and then bring up the Obamala.com story...
Nice job Taco John. I have to admit I got a little worried when you insisted on finishing your point but I think that actually worked out well.

I bet everybody here was shaking their heads when the Establishment panelists were talking about how much money the other candidates put into the Internet. :rolleyes:

Billy Baro7
11-27-2007, 12:42 AM
I love it Taco!!!! The best part was when he stopped you to bring on the three idoits to try and fire bomb you! You held up well!!!! I'm still waiting for them to talk about the 16th like he said he was going to do!!!!

Nice Work!!!

Taco John
11-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Nice job Taco John. I have to admit I got a little worried when you insisted on finishing your point but I think that actually worked out well.

I bet everybody here was shaking their heads when the Establishment panelists were talking about how much money the other candidates put into the Internet. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the part that I am the most critical of myself over, but the minute he heard December 16, he wanted to change the subject, and I wanted to get the point about the timing and get the concept of the "Money Primary" out in the thought stream. I really believe that we're going to go into Iowa with a ton of momentum banking off of what happens on December 16th, and then the release of the fourth quarter numbers leading into the Iowa primaries...

This is why I think it's crucial for everybody to get involved in the Iowa letter writing campaign (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40590).

Check this out:

November 5th DOUBLED our support from 4% to 8%. If we set a record on December 16th, we could easily end up in the mid-double digits as people who are just starting to pay attention join the campaign. Then comes December 31st, where we will be the first campaign to report our numbers because they're already live. We'll have a good head of steam going into the primaries. And then comes Iowa, where nobody is execting us to even register as a blip on the radar. If we can register even a third place showing there, we'll get the Iowa bump.

IF WE WIN IT - we'll damn near sweep the electorate and turn the WORLD on it's head overnight.

The Iowa letter writing campaigns is one of the most important thing that an individual can get involved in right now (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40590). The sooner we get these names out the better.

ThomasJ
11-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Good job Taco John I think you definitly showed them what real Ron Paul supporters are like. I am so sick of the tin foil hat crap. Good that we got the good word out there.

The techpres guy was definitly a good intro

Drknows
11-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Good job! Taco John!

Im glad to see you didnt put a cape and V mask on during the interview. :D

Primbs
11-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Good Job.

I like the part about winning the internet money primary.

The press talk about the first real primary as being who raised the most money.

That was the tradition in the last several election cycles.

ghemminger
11-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Taco,
Great JOB! You handled it about as perfectly as could be done! Here's to having you on many more Talk Shows!

kill the banks
11-27-2007, 01:08 AM
took guts taco ... hmmm , when i saw your handle i thought you owned a restaurant named taco john lol ... thanks for a job well done !!!

kill the banks

Primbs
11-27-2007, 01:09 AM
Good Job.

I like the part about winning the internet money primary.

The press talk about the first real primary as being who raised the most money.

That was the tradition in the last several election cycles.

Roxi
11-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Im sure you have heard this plenty of times but TACO JOHN you are on my top 5 list of hero's

ClayTrainor
11-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Great Interview Taco john!

curtisag
11-27-2007, 01:29 AM
You made us all proud Taco John! Excellent, excellent stuff!

Wyurm
11-27-2007, 01:37 AM
I agree with everyone else here, you did excellent!!!

About the others, except for the guy from tech president. I work for a company that stresses empowerment. It has taken 6 years since they began focusing on empowerment and still there are some who don't quite understand how "bottom-up" works. Not everyone will understand how it works even after Ron Paul's 8 years because its just not something everyone can grasp. Those who do thrive, while those who don't will be left by the way-side. Bottom-up is far more cost-effective, efficient, and productive. You either get it and thrive or don't and will eventually fail. I actually feel sorry for those who don't "get it".

NewEnd
11-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Good job Taco

kill the banks
11-27-2007, 02:07 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017202.html

Taco John sets Fox Business Channel straight on Ron Paul's campaign
Posted by Tex MacRae at November 26, 2007 09:57 PM

The War Street Journal turned an encounter with Taco John into a hit piece on the Ron Paul Revolution. Taco John (Isaac Lopez) explains:

So, Fox Business Channel had him on to talk about how the graasroots supporters of Ron Paul had propelled the campaign into its current prominence. Taco John does an impressive job of refusing to allow the FBC host to marginalize or misrepresent the Ron Paul supporters:

kill the banks

voisine
11-27-2007, 02:13 AM
You rock taco... you really made it clear just how poorly these MSM pundits grasp what's going on right in front of them. The stuff they were talking about, campaigns sunk by a single video clip, were the kind of things that happened four years ago. They touched a little bit on the fact that there are more tools available now, but they had no concept of what that actually means.

On the Internet, all political ideas must compete on a level playing field. When that happens, libertarianism wins. Obama, Clinton and Giuliani can have massive Internet followings too. All they need to do is spend 30 years proving their staunch, unwavering libertarian credentials.

freelance
11-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Good job taco john.

Watching the video reminds me of how ignorant these people in the media are. They keep talking about "leveraging" and pouring money into the internet.

We should remember that the next time we find an inaccurate article in the media. They probably are not malicious, it's just ignorance and we might be able to win them over if we don't attack them.

TJ, you were terrific! I hope that they will turn you into a regular. You represent us well. Lucky for you, David Asman is one of the fairest that FOX has to offer and has a modicum of respect for RP, because he actually understands monetary issues.

Usually, the media and establishment know exactly what they're doing. I think, in this case, they are truly baffled by the RP phenomenon. "Leverage the Internet," indeed. In their wildest dreams. They offer nothing to leverage it WITH! That's the part that they truly don't get, the part that is lost on them.

They do not have a message that is consistent with allowing the grassroots the freedom to blossom. They just don't get it that it's an either/or proposition. Either you are a control freak OR you allow the grassroots the autonomy to run themselves. Either you are a control freak OR you want to serve the American people instead of repressing them. Either/OR--you can't have it both ways. You can't even pretend to have it both ways. That's the part they don't get--that you can't fake it with thinking people, people who alive, people with a zest and passion for life.

How can the authoritarians possibly allow such freedom? They can't, and that's why they'll never be able to leverage the Internet or anything else for spontaneity, the antithesis of their scripted, mono-dimensional efforts.

syborius
11-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Great job Taco,

It's amazing that these media people are so blind to how they are part of the problem, and not the solution. He keeps on saying outsider, outsider. I really don't think he is aware of his own stupidity. They perpetuate and formulate the reality, and then are astounded why, or how another reality is coming into being, and it does not conform to the reality they've been peddling.
It really is staggering, how these anchors are so puzzled. Looking at all the metrics (online polls, straw polls, rally sizes) Ron Paul is an insider candidate, the heart and soul of america!. These asshats, and their fake reality, and their fake candidates are the outsiders. If I got a chance to speak that is exactly what I would say. Stop perpetuating your myth, and start looking at the facts. I think the 16th will SHOCK THE CRAP out of them. I hope it shocks some to oblivion. :D :cool:

joshdvm
11-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Taco John, Dude...you ffin' OWNED THAT GUY!!!

You made him retract the 'fringe' label...AND... you did your best to explain how the campaign IS the supporters. Even if that boob doesn't get it, thinking people will.

Malakai0
11-27-2007, 03:05 AM
That was awesome bro! They just don't get it. You can't buy people on the internet, they have to respect you and like what your saying.

All they had was blah blah will throw more money at the internet, harness the internet, ect. Good job making way overpaid newsmedia pundits look like the tools they are =)

Henry
11-27-2007, 03:55 AM

TJ,

After this interview, I'm sure you will be invited to many others. Please keep us informed with a head's up. Again, a great job my brother!

Also kudos to Fox Business Channel for giving TJ a fair shot. I think we ought to let them know that.

DJ RP
11-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Good job taco john.

QFT

grfgerger
11-27-2007, 04:24 AM
Representing the boards and portland well. Great job TJ.

Brutus
11-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Great Job! I didn't see one taco, either.

yaz
11-27-2007, 04:49 AM
great job taco john. ur name reminds me of a game called taco joe.

LBT
11-27-2007, 05:03 AM
Great job Taco John, the way you handled various loaded questions!

One angle they tried for and will probably continue to try for is to discredit the Ron Paul supporters as just a typical result of a segment of society who are attracted to underdogs and who want to show frustration at the establishment.

A good response would be to say that Americans are waking up to and growing sick and tired of having candidates who represent vested interests more than the people. That Ron Paul attracts people because is honest with them and seeks solutions that answer the problems of the people, rather than seeking solutions to satisfy vested interests.

The fact is that establishment politicians have been playing the people like moronic sheep for years and the people are beginning to wake up. With the Internet, they finally have a chance to build a community and to create an effective opposition.

Kombaiyashii
11-27-2007, 05:22 AM
Great stuff Taco, I love the way you managed to plug the blimp:D

The blimp seriously needs to be playing Ride of the Valkeries through bullhorns where ever it goes.

Matt Salla
11-27-2007, 05:24 AM
Your comments on leveraging the internet were perfect. Ron Paul's campaign is made up of very independent, capable people.

Maybe eBay will ring you up for plugging them.

gjdavis60
11-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Great job, Taco John!

It is amusing to watch the MSM try to make sense of the Internet. Each time an MSM piece addresses the Internet, it becomes more obvious that they still do not get it. They continue to describe the dynamics of the Internet in terms of their traditional, top-down model of media, and seem to miss the point that the Internet empowers everyone to participate equally in the exchange of information and the definition of "truth".

Like all dying institutions, they are in denial in the face of their own obsolescence.

IRO-bot
11-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Is there anything other than youtube on this? I am at work.

Keith
11-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Even the phrase "leverage the internet" shows how clueless these people are. It really seems like they believe that the Ron Paul Revolution is three or four super smart hackers working in a basement somewhere.

undergroundrr
11-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Big thread so I haven't read it. Just want to say BRILLIANT WORK, TACO JOHN. They are so deeply clueless and against all odds, you gave them some clarity.

Adamsa
11-27-2007, 08:24 AM
They talk about putting money into it, but they don't understand that Ron Paul didn't find the internet, the internet found him. :P

BillyDkid
11-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey Taco, saw the piece on youtube - you made us all very proud. Thanks for having the gumption to stand up all of us.

Taco John
11-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the support everybody... Emails, PMs and everything! It means a lot to me.

Fyretrohl
11-27-2007, 10:48 AM
First TJ...EXCELLENT job. You have done a wonderful service for the message.

Now, for a little more ego boost for you...After watching this, I am getting off my butt. I will be needing help, but, I am going to start writing articles debunking some of the hit pieces, etc. Thanks for the kick in the pants.

*heads off to see if there are other good writers/thinkers in his local Meet Ups.

LFOD
11-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Jennifer Lopez loves Taco John!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSk0qtMhv-4

TruckinMike
11-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Good Job TACO JOHN!!! If they would only let you on more often..

Hip Hip Hurray for Taco John

TruckinMike

Part I

Part II

Mandrik
11-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Nice work! You were obviously a bit nervous, but who wouldn't be? Not exactly something you do everyday, but you certainly talked the talk like someone who knows all about RP and the movement. Well done!

Brian in Maryland
11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Well done Taco John, looked great sounded great, good representation!