PDA

View Full Version : Ben, would you consider moving to boehners district...

jkr
06-13-2013, 07:34 PM
...and letting us vote for you?

Ben Swann
06-13-2013, 07:49 PM
see the above post.. one day politics may be in my future but right now, my role is educate the public

kcchiefs6465
06-13-2013, 10:22 PM
see the above post.. one day politics may be in my future but right now, my role is educate the public
And a great choice that is.

In my opinion education is first and foremost. People need to be philosophically sound. Both sides of the aisle believe in the same thing. (whether they realize it or not) That being a leviathan of a government that strives to have control over every aspect of a person's life. In a society where the Golden Rule gets booed, catch phrases get parroted and applauded, gimmicks get you elected, along with of course the lobbyists financing PACs... to me it seems like a failed route.

Once the people free themselves from the mental chains they've been conditioned to applaud, it will change. Actual change, not just a played out word to get a man elected. I try to educate almost everyone I come in contact with. Plant seeds of reason to let them come to their own conclusions. That's what I find so great about this message.. no matter black, white, Hispanic, straight, gay, Christian, Muslim, whatever, the message will resonate. We as a people all have the same concerns. The problem is educating people on the causes of our country's problems and the solutions that would help.

I knew you were coming today, Ben. I really meant to be here, I got caught up making dinner and time slipped away. Happens every time someone shows up for a Q&A or chat. Hope you come back sometime.. if even under another name. There is a lot of good information.

In my opinion [our actual] foreign policy needs to be covered. Not what the parrots chirp about day in and day out. If you did a couple segments on earlier CIA backed coups, for instance, this not being the first time we were in Syria, Iran etc. people would be hesitant to blindly throw support behind another bombing campaign. Most people don't understand the suffering our policies have inflicted on the world. That's what I'd like to see change at some point. Lord knows people today, in general, have the attention span of a hamster on a wheel. If this is ever going to end people will need to see the effects of what our FP has done and the suffering it has caused. A clip on depleted uranium would surely wake some people up to what war really is.

Thanks for being one of the last of a dying breed. I'm more liable to hear about what Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are doing than anything with substance. It's a bad joke, really.