PDA

View Full Version : Where does media bias originate?

Brian4Liberty
06-13-2013, 06:41 PM
The mainstream media pretty much sticks with the establishment agenda. How is this bias enforced in the media?

Is it Executives? Producers? Editors? Writers? Is there self-censorship at work? Is there some kind of organic consensus that results from politicians or insiders setting the agenda?

Also, any comments on Cenk Uygur's departure from mainstream media? IIRC, he stated that he was given the "option" of following the agenda, or leaving.

Original_Intent
06-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Don't look at government as one entity and media as a separate entity.

Look at it as a group that understands the concept of total war. The people who want to run the world bought up all the media to control information to the masses.

That's why they are freaking out about the internet. It is really hampering their control of information. I mean, WE are here. We were never meant to be here.

Just like Obama is a puppet, same with all the news anchors. They say what they are told to say, some of them even convince themselves after years of doing it that they are fighting the good fight and providing a public service.

Ben Swann
06-13-2013, 07:27 PM
most media bias, especially on the local levels isn't a conspiracy. I truly believe it is group think. people who have trained to be broadcasters and not journalists. when someone has the courage the stand up, they are met with a lot of resistance. that is why I want to help train journalists how to overcome those issues

Cleaner44
06-13-2013, 07:33 PM
I think the best and most honest journalism comes from local markets, not from the corporate network level.

Brian4Liberty
06-13-2013, 07:39 PM
I truly believe it is group think. people who have trained to be broadcasters and not journalists. when someone has the courage the stand up, they are met with a lot of resistance. that is why I want to help train journalists how to overcome those issues

That's an interesting distinction. Thanks for the insight!