PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) needs a Geography lesson!

cajuncocoa
06-13-2013, 05:43 PM
While attempting to attack an amendment to the “Gang of Eight” immigration bill that would require a fence be built along Mexico’s border with the U.S. before legalization, Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) made a significant geographical gaffe.

Landrieu, who represents Louisiana in the U.S. Senate, was trying to undermine the amendment Sen. John Thune (R-SD) offered. In doing so, she tried to argue Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was more qualified to talk about border issues than Thune because McCain represents Arizona.

“A smart fence, which is what Senator McCain and I want to build--since he’s from Arizona, I think he knows more about this than the Senator from South Dakota who only has a border with Canada and that is quite different,” Landrieu said.

More (and video): http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/13/Democrat-Senator-gaffes-while-attacking-border-security-South-Dakota-has-a-border-with-Canada

DamianTV
06-13-2013, 05:45 PM
First, build a fence along the Mexican Border, then invade Rhode Island! What? Rhode Island isnt a foreign country? Its a State? Whats a State?

Elias Graves
06-13-2013, 05:45 PM
They don't seem to recall the fourth amendment either. Color me "not surprised."

torchbearer
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
sometimes actors forget their lines.

oyarde
06-13-2013, 11:18 PM
While attempting to attack an amendment to the “Gang of Eight” immigration bill that would require a fence be built along Mexico’s border with the U.S. before legalization, Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) made a significant geographical gaffe.

Landrieu, who represents Louisiana in the U.S. Senate, was trying to undermine the amendment Sen. John Thune (R-SD) offered. In doing so, she tried to argue Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was more qualified to talk about border issues than Thune because McCain represents Arizona.

“A smart fence, which is what Senator McCain and I want to build--since he’s from Arizona, I think he knows more about this than the Senator from South Dakota who only has a border with Canada and that is quite different,” Landrieu said.

More (and video): http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/13/Democrat-Senator-gaffes-while-attacking-border-security-South-Dakota-has-a-border-with-Canada

I was expecting something worse.....

Anti Federalist
06-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Where'd I put that facepalm?

surf
06-13-2013, 11:51 PM
winner from her state.

Occam's Banana
06-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Quite apart from her geographical ignorance, consider this: if not being from a border state makes one incompetent to judge matters of border policy, and Landrieu is not from a border state ...

cajuncocoa
06-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Quite apart from her geographical ignorance, consider this: if not being from a border state makes one incompetent to judge matters of border policy, and Landrieu is not from a border state ...

Good point.

Grubb556
06-14-2013, 07:01 AM
First, build a fence along the Mexican Border, then invade Rhode Island! What? Rhode Island isnt a foreign country? Its a State? Whats a State?

From what I remember, the guy who founded Rhobe Island basically wanted to get away from the other states, only to get invaded by the states a few decades later.

Elias Graves
06-14-2013, 07:11 AM

You're right on there. Lawyers are generally nothing but hired guns who don't care what side they argue as long as it protects their own.

BSU kid
06-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Ask these bums we have in congress to find places on a map and most probably wouldn't know where anything is at all; kinda like the schoolchildren being brainwashed in the public school system. :D

cajuncocoa
06-14-2013, 07:33 AM
I should have mentioned this, and I'm sure you've heard it by now: Mary may have had other things (http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/06/sen_mary_landrieus_son_arreste.html) on her mind yesterday. ;)