PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove mentions entire population of Earth as potential GOP candidates except Rand

ObiRandKenobi
06-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Scott Walker, Rick Snyder (Rick Snyder!?), Bobby Jindal (Bobby Jindal!?), and even Ted Cruz! But alas, no Rand Paul...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfkyxQuBaEw

h/t MP (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/06/13/karl-rove-mentions-the-entire-population-of-earth-as-potential-gop-presidential-candidates-except-rand-paul/)

TheTexan
06-13-2013, 04:24 PM
/shocked

Expect to see more of this as it gets closer to election season, Rand has too much freedom baggage to be considered a serious candidate

AJ Antimony
06-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Since when does Karl "Romney's going to win!" Rove have any credibility?

ItsTime
06-13-2013, 04:42 PM

But but but VOTER FRAUD! I wonder why the republicans thought there was so much voter fraud...oh yeah because they were masters of it during the primaries ha.

compromise
06-13-2013, 04:52 PM
He forgot Bush.

luctor-et-emergo
06-13-2013, 05:02 PM

Some words in that sentence don't really work well together, particularly the words: "Karl .. Rove" and "credibility".

Warlord
06-13-2013, 05:16 PM
He doesn't need any credibility when he controls hundreds of millions of dollars

Brett85
06-13-2013, 05:39 PM
And this isn't like Ron running last time. Rand is a legitimate candidate with a good chance to win.

AuH20
06-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Didn't Karl ignore and then ridicule when Rand was the upstart primary challenger in Kentucky? He just won't learn.

devil21
06-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Rove didn't show up at the NC Convention for nothing. His job was to ensure Gunny was beaten. He's going to fight us at every turn.

RickyJ
06-14-2013, 02:21 AM
That's cool, Ron Paul is my first choice anyway! :D

anaconda
06-14-2013, 02:36 AM
Didn't Karl ignore and then ridicule when Rand was the upstart primary challenger in Kentucky? He just won't learn.

It does make me wonder what Rove was thinking privately and what he said privately when Rand announced his candidacy. Was he confident? Terrified? Dismissive? Is it possible that Rove is insightful enough that he privately predicted the Randslide?

This was the "official" position:

http://randforsenate.blogspot.com/2009/12/karl-rove-disses-rand-paul.html

IDefendThePlatform
06-14-2013, 05:00 AM
And this isn't like Ron running last time. Rand is a legitimate candidate with a good chance to win.

I feel like the propaganda may have influenced you. RON was a legitimate candidate who not only would have had a good chance to win, but IMO probably would have won if not for Foxnews. If Foxnews and CNN were truly neutral and just reported what all the candidates did and said, there's a pretty decent chance Ron Paul would be president right now. Look at his overwhelming support online where everyone has access to basically all the information about candidates. He would have won Iowa easily and just gone on from there.

In other words, I don't truly blame joe sixpack for his lack of knowledge about politics. The propagandists on TV are about 80-90% of the problem, IMO.

KEEF
06-14-2013, 06:19 AM
I feel like the propaganda may have influenced you. RON was a legitimate candidate who not only would have had a good chance to win, but IMO probably would have won if not for Foxnews. If Foxnews and CNN were truly neutral and just reported what all the candidates did and said, there's a pretty decent chance Ron Paul would be president right now. Look at his overwhelming support online where everyone has access to basically all the information about candidates. He would have won Iowa easily and just gone on from there.

In other words, I don't truly blame joe sixpack for his lack of knowledge about politics. The propagandists on TV are about 80-90% of the problem, IMO.

Correction... possibly a two term president.

Bruno
06-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Someone take away that man's whiteboard and banish him to obscurity where he belongs.

BSU kid
06-14-2013, 07:32 AM
I actually consider it a better endorsement for Rand, that Karl Rove doesn't think he is a good candidate.

satchelmcqueen
06-14-2013, 07:52 AM
yes rove, christie, rubio and rick fucking perry! cant wait to see rick bomb his natural flow of forming a sentence.

whoisjohngalt
06-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Listen to the clip again. He consecutively says, "There's discussion about Scott Walker" then "There's discussion about the governor of Wisconsin". My God. This man is a fucking idiot.

Brian4Liberty
06-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Rubio could call for gun confiscation and full communism, and Hannity would still support him.