PDA

View Full Version : How America Is Splitting Apart Without Bothering With Civil War

Origanalist
06-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Robert Reich (for Reich's long winded rant go here) http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/american-conservative?akid=10554.1083157.n3MBfW&rd=1&src=newsletter853091&t=15&paging=off sees Washington gridlock and the increasing divergence of Red and Blue States as indicators the glue holding the country together is failing. He describes the situation as de facto secession:

The states are diverging sharply on almost every issue you can imagine. ...
Federalism is as old as the Republic, but not since the real Civil War have we witnessed such a clear divide between the states on central issues affecting Americans.

I've always said peaceful secession is the best solution to gridlock.

http://lsrebellion.blogspot.com/2013/06/how-america-is-splitting-apart-without.html

Anti Federalist
06-13-2013, 02:40 PM
It's as if an entire branch of the federal government -- the branch that's supposed to deal directly with the nation's problems, not just execute the law or interpret the law but make the law -- has gone out of business, leaving behind only a so-called "sequester" that's cutting deeper and deeper into education, infrastructure, programs for the nation's poor, and national defense.

The window of opportunity for the president to get anything done is closing rapidly. Even in less partisan times, new initiatives rarely occur after the first year of a second term, when a president inexorably slides toward lame duck status.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/36729833.jpg

Anti Federalist
06-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Secession now.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2013, 02:43 PM
First, it leads to a race to bottom. Over time, middle-class citizens of states with more generous safety nets and higher taxes on the wealthy will become disproportionately burdened as the wealthy move out and the poor move in, forcing such states to reverse course. If the idea of "one nation" means anything, it stands for us widely sharing the burdens and responsibilities of citizenship.

We own you, Mundane, no escape is possible.

AuH20
06-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Someone doesn't like that we put a brake on the master plan.

TheTexan
06-13-2013, 02:53 PM
I have given the tea party too little credit it seems. Even if vast majority of tea party politicians are fakes&liars, its created the narrative of this unrelenting partisan gridlock. Which helps us by revealing secession as a win/win solution (win/win for all except the bankers & ruling class that is)

Go go tea party

Keith and stuff
06-13-2013, 02:59 PM
That guy is full of hate. Thanks for the read though. I scanned it and enjoyed what I read, mostly.

The Tea Partiers and other government-haters who have caused Washington to all but close because they refuse to compromise are threatening all that we aspire to be together.

Acala
06-13-2013, 03:47 PM
The concept of secession has gone from zero to mainstream discussion in less than ten years. That a psychopathic authoritarian like this Nazi would even mention the idea is gigantic. The years of politicians deliberately nurturing factions as a strategy to keep power has now created real schisms that will never heal. We need to seem them break out along geographic lines.

JustinTime
06-13-2013, 04:34 PM
The Tea Partiers and other government-haters who have caused Washington to all but close

If the US government is currently all but closed, Id hate to see what Reich would consider fully functioning.

Origanalist
06-13-2013, 04:44 PM
If the US government is currently all but closed, Id hate to see what Reich would consider fully functioning.

The very thought is enough to give one nightmares.

Occam's Banana
06-13-2013, 05:21 PM

Yeah. I noticed that. And this, too:

[...] a so-called "sequester" that's cutting deeper and deeper into education, infrastructure, programs for the nation's poor, and national defense.

LOL. If what he ludicrously refers to as "cutting" is enough to provoke such an hysterical outburst from him, I can only imagine the depths of raving lunacy to which he will sink if any of the things he mentions (education, welfare, defense, etc.) ever actually faces REAL reductions in funding (rather than increases that merely aren't as large as they otherwise would have been)

TheTexan
06-13-2013, 05:26 PM
I see this supposed "gridlock" mentioned in CNN comments all the time

Working Poor
06-13-2013, 05:30 PM
The liberals keep saying the problem is tea party hates Obama cause he is black.

I keep telling them that Obama being black is the greatest gift the elite have ever gotten from the public. Oh they get mad and foam @ the mouth when i say that

gwax23
06-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Hes so cute

http://clog.dailycal.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/r-reich.jpg

sluggo
06-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Dorf on the economy

osan
06-13-2013, 07:36 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/36729833.jpg

Maybe. What if this is what Theye want? What poses the larger threat to the globalist agenda, fifty independent nations or one large and more or less coherent one?

Run correctly, the United States might pose the tougher nut - perhaps even if the nation is not run so well. But if they are broken into the component elements, each going more or less its own way... well, does not divide and conquer apply here? Just a thought.

Origanalist
06-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Maybe. What if this is what Theye want? What poses the larger threat to the globalist agenda, fifty independent nations or one large and more or less coherent one?

Run correctly, the United States might pose the tougher nut - perhaps even if the nation is not run so well. But if they are broken into the component elements, each going more or less its own way... well, does not divide and conquer apply here? Just a thought.

I'm quite willing to take that chance, I don't see US posing any threat as currently constituted/ obvious.

phill4paul
06-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Secession now.

I've already done it. 2 yrs. reportable income tax free. Still working on ways to further cripple them. Economics is one aspect of war. I'm done with them.

TheTexan
06-13-2013, 08:47 PM

The globalist agenda can be defined by one word, centralization. Secession decentralizes, which they dont want

phill4paul
06-13-2013, 08:55 PM

The federal government is already a part of the global agenda. So I don't really see where it would hurt.

Origanalist
06-13-2013, 08:58 PM
I've already done it. 2 yrs. reportable income tax free. Still working on ways to further cripple them. Economics is one aspect of war. I'm done with them.

Doing the same, just not as long. All this year off the books and the last quarter of 2012.

What would they do if we all stopped?