PDA

View Full Version : Rubio: ‘I’m done’ if immigration bill includes gay couple amendment

stu2002
06-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, a co-author and key proponent of the Senate immigration bill, said he will revoke his support if an amendment is added that allows gay unauthorized immigrants to claim foreign same-sex partners as family.

"If this bill has something in it that gives gay couples immigration rights and so forth, it kills the bill. I'm done," Rubio said Thursday during an interview on the Andrea Tantaros Show. "I'm off it, and I've said that repeatedly. I don't think that's going to happen and it shouldn't happen. This is already a difficult enough issue as it is."

The amendment, introduced by Vermont Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy, would grant green cards to foreign partners of gay unauthorized immigrants who seek legal status under new rules in the bill. Leahy originally introduced the measure during the Senate Judiciary Committee markup of the bill, but he withdrew it under pressure from Republican lawmakers who said it would reduce the chance of the bill passing.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rubio-m-done-immigration-bill-includes-gay-couple-160223193.html

Origanalist
06-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Oh FFS.

Debbie Downer
06-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Well at least this will take one vote away from this disaster of a bill and guarantee it won't pass the House.

AuH20
06-13-2013, 11:41 AM
That's what the economy needs. Gay landscapers. Leahy needs his head examined.

Warlord
06-13-2013, 11:42 AM
YES!!!

call your GOP senators and tell them to support LEAHY AMENDMENT ... the key to splitting up the stupid gang for final passage

VOTE FOR IT

POISON PILL..

oyarde
06-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Leahy , chuckle ...

stu2002
06-13-2013, 11:45 AM
YES!!!

call your GOP senators and tell them to support LEAHY AMENDMENT ... the key to splitting up the stupid gang for final passage

VOTE FOR IT

POISON PILL..

bingo

oyarde
06-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio, a co-author and key proponent of the Senate immigration bill, said he will revoke his support if an amendment is added that allows gay unauthorized immigrants to claim foreign same-sex partners as family.

"If this bill has something in it that gives gay couples immigration rights and so forth, it kills the bill. I'm done," Rubio said Thursday during an interview on the Andrea Tantaros Show. "I'm off it, and I've said that repeatedly. I don't think that's going to happen and it shouldn't happen. This is already a difficult enough issue as it is."

The amendment, introduced by Vermont Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy, would grant green cards to foreign partners of gay unauthorized immigrants who seek legal status under new rules in the bill. Leahy originally introduced the measure during the Senate Judiciary Committee markup of the bill, but he withdrew it under pressure from Republican lawmakers who said it would reduce the chance of the bill passing.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rubio-m-done-immigration-bill-includes-gay-couple-160223193.html

Green cards for Foreign partners of gay illegal immigrants.......who put him up to this ?

Warlord
06-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Call Sessions and tell him to support the LEAHY AMENDMENT

someone call him?

Warlord
06-13-2013, 11:48 AM
they will probably need 60 votes for it... so like 7 GOP need to vote for it.

Warlord
06-13-2013, 11:49 AM
The opponents of the bill can easily support this amendment and get it in there as the Dems will not vote against the gays

Then watch Rubio/Graham/Flake squirm

Debbie Downer
06-13-2013, 11:55 AM
they will probably need 60 votes for it... so like 7 GOP need to vote for it.

They'll likely have Mark Kirk and Susan Collins on their side. I'd like to see Lindsey Graham vote for it. :p

oyarde
06-13-2013, 11:58 AM
That's what the economy needs. Gay landscapers. Leahy needs his head examined.

There should have been provisions for the pets etc as well I imagine ...lol

Warlord
06-13-2013, 11:59 AM
They'll likely have Mark Kirk and Susan Collins on their side. I'd like to see Lindsey Graham vote for it. :p

He won't... they just a handful of opponents. easy to do this.

FIND THE SENATORS WHO ARE OPPONENTS.

oyarde
06-13-2013, 12:00 PM

Kirk , Collins , yeah , most likely .

Warlord
06-13-2013, 12:01 PM
15 senators voted NO on motion to proceed:

Sens. John Barrasso (Wyo.), John Boozman (Ark.), Mike Crapo (Idaho), Ted Cruz (Tex.), Mike Enzi (Wyo.), Charles E. Grassley (Iowa), James Inhofe (Okla.), Mark Kirk (Ill.), Mike Lee (Utah), James Risch (Idaho), Pat Roberts (Kan.), Tim Scott (S.C.), Jeff Sessions (Ala.), Richard Shelby (Ala.) and David Vitter (La.).

Get them to support Leahy amendment

TonySutton
06-13-2013, 12:08 PM
I guess Rubio is not in favor of states rights

alucard13mm
06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't support this bill.. but the reason to not support it is gay related? HAHAHA.

Well hell, lets push for it to get more republicans off the bill.

Debbie Downer
06-13-2013, 01:39 PM
I guess Rubio is not in favor of states rights

Immigration and naturalization are federal matters...