PDA

View Full Version : What country are you moving to when it all goes South?

limequat
06-13-2013, 07:44 AM
DHS tanks in the streets. No-knock raids on political dissidents. Where will you go?

I'm thinking Brazil, but there's lots of corruption there.

AuH20
06-13-2013, 07:51 AM
I'm going to the source of the problem.

PSYOP
06-13-2013, 07:51 AM
If I had no choice, maybe Iceland.

TruckinMike
06-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Texas.

LibertyEagle
06-13-2013, 07:53 AM
DHS tanks in the streets. No-knock raids on political dissidents. Where will you go?

I'm thinking Brazil, but there's lots of corruption there.

At that point I'm betting it will be difficult to get out of the country.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2013, 07:54 AM
No where to run, no where to hide.

If this system wants you, it will find you and drag your ass back.

Not to mention the fact that when it does go bad, which could be any day now, no sane country in the world will let an Americunt within 1000 yards of a point of entry.

One thing this whole Snowden experience has made me realize, is....The Land of the FREE, is the biggest oxymoron on the planet.

Not only is this NOT the Land of the FREE, but if you TRY to LEAVE or ESCAPE the land of the FREE, and this land WANTS YOU BACK, The WORLD becomes really really fucking tiny on the places you can go and be safe.

If the LAND OF THE FREE wants you....Holy fuck, they can pretty much have you. Out of all the countries to flee, it seems like the Land of the FREE is the most difficult of them all. How fucking free is that?

They have treaties with all these countries, they have their own people in many countries around the world. You try to open up a bank account in another country being a US citizen...Oh man, they don't want you.

The LAND OF THE FREE keeps it's eyes on you GLOBALLY. From a tax perspective they are watching what you do and earn anywhere in the planet, unlike ANY other country. What you type, email, post online we now know is captured.

And if you try to hide, they have global outreach, manpower, laws, bullying tactics, and other agreements to find you and turn you over.

This realization is truly frightening. As long as you obey their commands you're ok, but slightly waiver, and this is the least free country in the world. They have the resources to find you, anywhere.....

Keith and stuff
I'm going to go away from the South if it all goes South. So that means North. I'll go to the Shire.

But seriously, this question is almost so easy to respond with the FSP answer to, I won't even bother :toady:

TonySutton
I am thinking a new country called Ohio Valley

ronpaulfollower999
06-13-2013, 07:55 AM
Antarctica.

Antischism
06-13-2013, 07:57 AM
The moon.

PSYOP
06-13-2013, 07:58 AM
The moon.

reminds me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZlbRufI6w

06-13-2013, 07:59 AM
I wouldn't leave for political reasons. I'm in Maine and people won't put up with that like in the big cities, so I'm not real worried. The feds aren't coming up here anytime soon.

If shtf and I had to go I can just walk across the border into Canada, it's not guarded.

limequat
06-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Interesting article, geared more toward retirees though:
http://vivatropical.com/panama/best-countries-to-retire/
1. Ecuador

Living on $1,600 a month including rent isn’t unreasonable in a place like Cuenca, Ecuador. Buying a house or condo near the water could cost you less than a quarter of popular U.S. destinations of similar climate. When you make the move, Ecuador allows you to import your household goods duty-free, and with its new, simplified visa process, it’s no wonder Ecuador tops the list as a best-value retirement paradise.

But for many, the true draw is the perfect climate. The nation lies on the equator. The beaches are tropical, but up in the Andes, the weather is mild and spring-like year-round. Best bonus yet, it’s one of the best countries for an expat business start-up.
2. Panama

In Panama’s capital city you can have all the U.S. comforts of a big city, including outstanding healthcare, restaurants, and daily activities. On a monthly budget of $1,700 to $2,500 a month you could eat out regularly, have a housekeeper come in a few times a week, and enjoy movie dates a few times a month.
Panama City, Panama

View of Panama City skyline, a top expat destination for 2013

Panama’s major draw is its Pensionado (pensioner) visa, where qualified retirees achieve residence status fairly quickly. The program entitles visa holders to discounts on medical treatment, dining, movies, and more. Most expats in Panama regret they didn’t come sooner, as many say they chose Panama for the friendly people…its rainforest…plentiful beaches and the choice of secluded or city living lifestyles.

In Panama it’s possible to put a toe in the Pacific after breakfast and in the Atlantic before dinner…on the same day. There are cloud forests for bird watching, such as the resplendent quetzal, and even orchid gazing, all in the same weekend.
3. Malaysia

Malaysia is Asia’s Panama. That is to say, this country is a regional and a global hub, for trade, for business, and for culture. Malaysia is a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural country which attracts many tourists annually.

Penang, Malaysia offers expats an affordable living under $2,000 a month in what is considered “luxury housing” in the states. Here, an expat can eat out often and enjoy all the things the city has to offer along with top notch medical care at an affordable price.

Malaysian expats feel the country has everything. Its weather is a tropical 82 F all year round and its beaches, islands, and jungles are pristine. It has some of the region’s best street food, great restaurants, bars, shopping malls, and movie theaters—and it’s all affordable.
4. Mexico

Mexico’s colorful and vibrant culture does rank high with expats who live here…look deeper and Mexico has much to offer. Mexico is an easy, convenient choice for many expats who are seeking a first-world country at bargain prices. No wonder a million or more expats make Mexico their home.

Today’s Mexico offers modern highways and airports, cable and satellite TV, Internet, and many other items expats enjoy at home. Want your “big” U.S. lifestyle abroad, you’ll get it in Mexico with an overall cost of living at about half of what you’d pay in the U.S. or Canada.

And one of Mexico’s biggest pluses is its sheer size and variety. If you want beach, Mexico has thousands of miles of it—chic resorts, sleepy beach towns, and everything in between. Prefer cool, mountain scenery? Mexico has that, too. More likely than not, whatever you’re looking for in a retirement destination you will find it in Mexico.
5. Costa Rica

Costa Rica is where you go to live the lush life. It is lush with nature—misty rain forests, extraordinary wildlife, active volcanoes, and fabulous beaches—as well as such comforting amenities as malls, supermarkets, restaurants, museums, and social clubs.

U.S. retirees have flocked here for years, drawn by its mild climate, prosperity, literacy rate, health care, and, significantly, stable government. Another plus: Costa Rica’s commitment to a thriving natural park system that is second to none in Latin America. This is as biodiverse a country as you’ll find anywhere. The country offers micro-climates, meaning you can fine-tune your weather by moving up and down the hills.

Though not the bargain it was a decade ago, Costa Rica continues to draw moderate-income retirees, who meet the country’s requirement of income of $1,000 per month from Social Security or a pension. Best part, residence is easy enough that just about anybody can do it. Residents are eligible to join the universal health-care system, known as Caja. The cost, based on income, can be as low as $49 a month. After that, care is free.
6. Nicaragua

Want a budget-friendly retirement destination? Think Nicaragua. Geographically, the nation is blessed with two long coastlines and two big lakes, plus volcanoes, highlands, rain forest, and rivers. In this manner, it has everything Costa Rica and Panama have, but it’s less discovered and developed and available to adventurers and eco-travelers at bargain rates.

Property values have fallen significantly in this country over the past several years, thanks to Ortega’s re-election and then the global recession. As a result, you can buy one of Granada’s classic Spanish-colonial haciendas for $50,000 or less. A couple could live comfortably in this city on a budget of $1,200 per month.

Best of all, its lower cost of living does not mean you have to sacrifice the quality of life, in fact, it’s possible to live in Nicaragua with even more luxuries than you were accustomed to, simply because the prices are so low.
Retired Expat Communities

All these destinations have large expat communities, so doing your research can put you among other people like you; with similar interests. Learning a foreign language will probably be a requirement; but again if you have a sense of adventure, and don’t want the typical cookie cutter retirement this could be something new and stimulating.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2013, 08:01 AM
The moon.

Sadly, I'm beginning to think that, barring some apocalyptic plague or some such, the only way to gain true freedom again, will be to get the fuck up off this rock.

tod evans
06-13-2013, 08:05 AM

Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!

Antischism
06-13-2013, 08:10 AM
reminds me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZlbRufI6w

Haha, that was definitely on my mind when posting. I love that clip.

Sadly, I'm beginning to think that, barring some apocalyptic plague or some such, the only way to gain true freedom again, will be to get the fuck up off this rock.

What about an alien invasion that causes all people and nations to unite for a common cause? :D
...Then we can take their leftover ships and leave the planet for good.

Demigod
06-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Poland,Estonia/Lithuania( because of basketball ),Kazakhstan and Slovakia would be my top choices ( in that order ).Finland would also be near the top of the list but it is too cold for me. Azerbaijan,Armenia and Turkey also look very good but their region is just like the Balkans ( one day you are just doing your daily routine and the next everyone decided that someone has to be exterminated and there is blood to the knees ) so no thanks.

Now my choice is mostly influenced by the culture part,because I am really hate adapting.

tangent4ronpaul
06-13-2013, 08:14 AM

When is Haley Bopp due back?

-t

Anti Federalist
06-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Poland,Estonia,Lithuania ( because of basketball ),Kazakhstan and Slovakia ( in that order ) would be my top choices.Finland would also be near the top of the list but it is too cold for me. Azerbaijan,Armenia and Turkey also look very good but their region is just like the Balkans ( one day you are just doing your daily routine and the next everyone decided that someone has to be exterminated and their is blood to the knees ) so no thanks.

Now my choice is mostly influenced by the culture part,because I am really hate adapting.

I have Finland near the top of my list, if push came to shove.

I like the cold.

Elias Graves
06-13-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm not going anywhere. This is my country.

Carlybee
06-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Texas.

No these jackasses here will be jackbooting us too

AuH20
06-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!

The Indians ran "west" and what good did it do them?????? And the American patriot is far more industrious and knowledgable of the enemy than the natives ever were.

kahless
06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
One of the autonomous free states or independent region within the old borders of what was once the US.

Carlybee
06-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Nowhere. The tentacles will be global.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2013, 08:43 AM
One of the autonomous free states or independent region within the old borders of what was once the US.

That is the answer.

Secession please.

tod evans
06-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Secession will only be successful once cities are isolated.

pcosmar
06-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Nowhere. The tentacles will be global.

^^^ This.
What most do not realize is that there is no where to run.
One World Government is exactly that.

Matthew 24:4-28 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24%3A4-28&version=KJV)

Todd
06-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Like Kahless said. Country will probably break into many different little pieces. I'm in the stix. I will form my own tribe and be Chief.

shane77m
06-13-2013, 08:50 AM

Winner.

You can't escape tyranny folks. It will be everywhere you go.

Pericles
06-13-2013, 09:57 AM
It is important to realize that we are already at war.

This phase of the conflict is is being waged in the propaganda and public policy arena for the purpose of isolating opponents from potential political, legal, and logistical support. The goal of this phase is the control of the organs of government, for the purpose of furthering political objectives and isolation of opponents. Once the opponents are effectively neutralized in their ability to operate openly in society, they can be ignored as having no influence in society and imprisoned with impunity as necessary.

At this stage, the war will transform into an insurgency, with armed conflict for control for parts of the country. And there will be a great deal of unpleasantness along the way.

AuH20
06-13-2013, 10:02 AM

This phase of the conflict is is being waged in the propaganda and public policy arena for the purpose of isolating opponents from potential political, legal, and logistical support. The goal of this phase is the control of the organs of government, for the purpose of furthering political objectives and isolation of opponents. Once the opponents are effectively neutralized in their ability to operate openly in society, they can be ignored as having no influence in society and imprisoned with impunity as necessary.

At this stage, the war will transform into an insurgency, with armed conflict for control for parts of the country. And there will be a great deal of unpleasantness along the way.

Very true. The battle lines are being drawn. Divide, demoralize, and finally eradicate. But like they say, plans are nothing more than hypotheticals on a piece of paper. All their models do not account for the sheer scope and ferocity of this growing displeasure.

IDefendThePlatform
06-13-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm going to go away from the South if it all goes South. So that means North. I'll go to the Shire.

But seriously, this question is almost so easy to respond with the FSP answer to, I won't even bother :toady:

I was originally thinking Ecuador but you made me rethink it. Being surrounded by as many fellow liberty lovers as possible would seem like the best chance to evade the police state's tentacles.

Still hoping the us govt goes permanently bankrupt before it gets too tyrannical.

JK/SEA
06-13-2013, 10:48 AM
yep...go to the epicenter of our grief. Suit up, game face, ready to rock. Run and hide is not an option, unless you like the idea of standing by a trench with your hands tied with a rifle barrel pointed at your head.

Anti Federalist
06-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Truth.

A shame that too few realize that or are willing to steel themselves for it.

JK/SEA
06-13-2013, 10:53 AM

nothing else needs to be said. plus rep.

jmdrake
06-13-2013, 10:53 AM
A) I can't think of anywhere to go.

B) If I could I certainly wouldn't announce it here.