PDA

View Full Version : When will Ron Paul take the gloves off?

robertwerden
11-26-2007, 03:25 PM
The media is focusing not on money, not on polls, but on who is taking jabs at who.

This is the current leg of the race. When is Ron Paul going to come out swinging?

We all know Ron Paul can sweep these morons right out the door, so what is holding him back.

Be nice, be nice, be nice until its time not to be nice.

That time has come. We need to see the strong side of Ron Paul. We need to see Ron Paul put his issues up against the issues of the NeoCons.

We need the media to talk about Ron Paul and show he is not afraid to jump in the ring and show he is a strong candidate and will promote his issues against the warmongers.

Lord Xar
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Not sure when he will come out swinging, he'll have to check his schedule :)

terryp
11-26-2007, 06:41 PM
I would like to see him going after some of the obvious softballs out their. He could just as easily send these so called front runners some of his policy and speeches from nearly 20 years ago, that are dead on today.
I do think that there is something is in the wings. With Christmas coming up they may be cooling their heels until a new opportunity presents itself

Original_Intent
11-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Ron Paul is running the campaign that Obama promised to.

Robert, what are your credentials for offering yourself up as campaign strategist? If you were expecting a campaign that plays by the existing rules, I think you will be disappointed.

garrettwombat
11-26-2007, 06:54 PM
i dont think ron needs to attack anyone... especially since after the debate they are airing a special "campaign killers" and its all about douchebags making cheap shots in the political arena

it will just make him look bad...

when really whats going to happen is everyone is going to attack everyone except paul then they are going to show that special and be like... wow ron paul is the only one who isnt a dickhead.

Ron LOL
11-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Didn't RP say in one of the debates that his greatest flaw is not fighting hard enough for liberty?

I agree. Time for the gloves to come off.

kylejack
11-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Ron Paul's pretty tough in the debates. He looks classy promoting himself rather than volunteering his opinions on the other candidates.

max
11-26-2007, 07:14 PM
i couldnt agree more...

if the gloves dont come off soon...RP will lose. It's as simple as that.

people who think the masses will flock to him because he has a "positive" campaign are deluded dreamers.

The facts are, we are still trailing....and disertaions on Austrian economics and the merits of humble foreign policy are not enough to wean the masses off of the media annointed "top tier"

ronpaulitician
11-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Let's wait for him to break double digits (in New Hampshire).

ThomasJ
11-26-2007, 07:57 PM
From what I have seen of Ron Paul in every debate or interview he will never directly attack another person unless they attack him first (guiliani's reading list)
What he sticks to most is attacks on policy and platforms. The reasons that those issues are correct or incorrect.

I like that style hell I prefer that style and I think that is what draws alot of people in to him. Direct attacks at other oponents is beneath Ron Paul. =)

thechitowncubs
11-26-2007, 08:34 PM
From what I have seen of Ron Paul in every debate or interview he will never directly attack another person unless they attack him first (guiliani's reading list)
What he sticks to most is attacks on policy and platforms. The reasons that those issues are correct or incorrect.

I like that style hell I prefer that style and I think that is what draws alot of people in to him. Direct attacks at other oponents is beneath Ron Paul. =)

Agreed, focus on policy specifically.

V-rod
11-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Negative attacks have a long history of working. Even Congressman Paul admitted that about Barry Goldwater getting demonized by those nuclear bomb commercials.

That attack by Giuliani in the May debate was seen by fifty times as many people that heard about the reading list the next day.

idiom
11-28-2007, 12:32 AM
RP seems quite capable of ripping anyone apart who attacks him. Thats why the other candiates with some survival sense have left him alone.

Besides he has us and we couldn't pull a punch even if we wanted to :)

Matt Collins
11-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Just because we place nice doesn't mean the opponents will.

noztnac
11-28-2007, 01:03 AM
The Rolling Stone article should give you a clue.

BLS
11-28-2007, 01:06 AM
I was JUST going to say what VROD said.

90% of the reason RP is even a somewhat popular candidate is because he and Rudy got into that pissing match in May. Go back and look at his site visitation the DAY AFTER on alexa.com. It's a GIANT spike.

He needs to do something to have the same effect and he BETTER DO IT TOMORROW.

pacelli
11-28-2007, 01:27 AM
I must say that I'm very excited to watch tonight's debate. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I would love to see Dr. Paul a fair amount of time compared to the other top-tier candidates. My prediction is that if Giuliani goes after him again, Dr. Paul will reference his National Press Club event. However something tells me that tonight's debate will be a set-up for the Dec 4th FoxNews debate in Iowa.

I think Dr. Paul has done a wonderful job portraying himself as a man of integrity and respect. I don't feel that he really HAS to come out swinging-- his record speaks for itself. And despite the smear campaigns, and snide laughter into debate microphones, the other candidates know that they don't have Dr. Paul's spotless record. He is the only person on that stage with any legitimate authority to talk about geoeconomics in relation to the US dollar, as well as foreign affairs.

Then another part of me secretly hopes that Dr. Paul ruthlessly exposes Giuliani for his crooked ways :) Perhaps flash up a picture of Rudy in drag.