PDA

View Full Version : IRS executed search warrant that seized 60 million medical records

green73
06-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Republican members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee are looking into allegations that the Internal Revenue Service seized 60 million medical records from a California health care provider.

“(T)he Committee on Energy and Commerce is investigating allegations that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), in the course of executing a search warrant at a California health care provider’s corporate headquarters in March 2011, improperly seized the personal medical records of millions of American citizens in possible violation of the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution,” members of the committee wrote in a letter Tuesday to Acting IRS Commissioner Daniel Werfel.

The letter to Werfel, which requires a response by June 25, comes on the heels of a lawsuit filed by an unnamed healthcare provider against the IRS in California Superior Court. The lawsuit alleged that 15 IRS agents improperly stole medical records during search of the facility in March 2011, according to a report about the incident from Court House News.

The search warrant the agents were executing, the committee noted in citing the Court House News report, was allegedly limited to financial records of a former employee of the company, not medical records.

“In light of these allegations and in anticipation of the IRS’s increased role in implementing health care under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, we are writing to request information regarding your agency’s ability to both protect the confidential medical information of millions of Americans and respect the safeguards imposed by HIPAA [Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act],” the letter reads.

The IRS did not immediately respond to request for comment.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/12/house-committee-looks-into-irs-seizure-of-60-million-medical-records/

Occam's Banana
06-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Financial records for one employee ... 60 million medical records ... Eh! <me: waggles hand> Close enough for government work ...

Elias Graves
06-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Just getting files in order for obamacare.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

HOLLYWOOD
06-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Waiting to see the collaboration between ALL these 'ALPHA Agencies... e.g., NSA & the IRS... how much have they worked together? I'd like to see the what NSA data was shared with each and every .gov agency and department and vice versa. how many files, how many Americans...

This is what I want to see Rand, Amash, Massie, etc, drill these tyrants agencies in their closed door SECRET meetings.

jkr
06-12-2013, 10:46 AM
got HIPPA?

oyarde
06-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Financial records for one employee ... 60 million medical records ... Eh! <me: waggles hand> Close enough for government work ...

Yep , rumor I heard was they ordered pizza and worked on NCAA brackets while they were there.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Wait until the whole Matrix comes on line.

Wait until all these databases, with trillions of hit points, all get linked together.

Wait until The System gets its hands on that.

Woe unto you, children of Jerusalem...

sluggo
06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Waiting to see the collaboration between ALL these 'ALPHA Agencies... e.g., NSA & the IRS... how much have they worked together? I'd like to see the what NSA data was shared with each and every .gov agency and department and vice versa. how many files, how many Americans...

This is what I want to see Rand, Amash, Massie, etc, drill these tyrants agencies in their closed door SECRET meetings.

^^^^^^
This.

IRS's big data tracking

Consumers are already familiar with Internet "cookies" that track their movements and send them targeted ads that follow them to different websites. The IRS has brought in private industry experts to employ similar digital tracking -- but with the added advantage of access to Social Security numbers, health records, credit card transactions and many other privileged forms of information that marketers don't see.

"Private industry would be envious if they knew what our models are," boasted Dean Silverman, the agency's high-tech top gun who heads a group recruited from the private sector to update the IRS, in a comment reported in trade publications. The IRS did not respond to a request for an interview.

http://money.msn.com/credit-rating/irs-tracks-your-digital-footprint

green73
06-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Wait until the whole Matrix comes on line.

Wait until all these databases, with trillions of hit points, all get linked together.

Wait until The System gets its hands on that.

Woe unto you, children of Jerusalem...

Glad I wasn't born in Jerusalem.

HOLLYWOOD
06-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Judge Napolitano was on FOX NEWS with Neil Cavuto covering this case. Very detailed and informative, when the judge explained exactly what the ARMED IRS AGENTS did and what they demanded WITHOUT SHOWING THE WARRANT!

If anyone has that TUBEZ, please post... +rep ;)