PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Troll the NSA

Anti Federalist
06-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Operation 'troll the NSA' starts up online with plan to jam spy scanners by sending same 'terrorist' message over and over again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2339432/Operation-troll-NSA-starts-online-plan-jam-spy-scanners-sending-terrorist-message-over-again.html#ixzz2VyjTKvPJ

11 June 2013

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/11/article-2339432-1A421E31000005DC-413_634x393.jpg

http://trollthensa.com/

An operation to troll the NSA has started up online in a bid to jam the spy scanners.

The plan is to 'test' the system by sending a message full of terrorist buzz words to the agency Wednesday at 7pm EST.

The website was set up in response to the accusations at the U.S. government is collecting and looking at data from Internet companies like Google, Facebook and Apple through a secretive program codenamed PRISM.

Operation 'Troll The NSA' describes the plan stating: 'If millions of us, all at the exact same time, call or email someone with our keywords-of-terror-filled script, we can give our nation's impressive surveillance system the kind of test it deserves.

'They say they don’t read or listen to the contents of our messages. Why not test it out? It'll be fun.'

The creators of the website have written a seemingly innocent email about a bad job and travel plans addressed from a disgruntled employee to a friend.

Mani
06-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Now that the NSA has the email, they need to mix up the message. Change a few paragraphs around, still make it a lame disgruntled email just change the text around 15-20%, enough so they can't filter the exact email everyone is sending.

Occam's Banana
06-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Now that the NSA has the email, they need to mix up the message. Change a few paragraphs around, still make it a lame disgruntled email just change the text around 15-20%, enough so they can't filter the exact email everyone is sending.

Even that wouldn't work. All they'd have to do is just ignore (or store away) anything "suspicious" surrounding that particular date & time by some margin.

After all, it's not like the purpose of all this NSA crap is to actually catch any "terrorists" - it's not like they've got any actual people staring at computer monitors around the clock just waiting for "red flags" to pop up ...

Mani
06-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Even that wouldn't work. All they'd have to do is just ignore (or store away) anything "suspicious" surrounding that particular date & time by some margin.

After all, it's not like the purpose of all this NSA crap is to actually catch any "terrorists" - it's not like they've got any actual people staring at computer monitors around the clock just waiting for "red flags" to pop up ...

"Oh shit slide 39 never got out..." muttered Snowden from his room in the undisclosed hostel in Cambodia while doing is daily browsing at rpf... :D

QuickZ06
06-12-2013, 02:03 AM
Yesterday evening I could not log into my YouTube account, gave me some weird error I have never seen before. A buddy I was with could long into his fine but mine was 'no bueno' until about 20 minutes. Oddly I went into the weird part of TY right before that as well, bet they had fun looking around.

Mani
06-12-2013, 02:20 AM
Yesterday evening I could not log into my YouTube account, gave me some weird error I have never seen before. A buddy I was with could long into his fine but mine was 'no bueno' until about 20 minutes. Oddly I went into the weird part of TY right before that as well, bet they had fun looking around.

Hahahaha, so now for any latency the NSA is the butt of all jokes. Fucking email wouldn't send for 10 minutes...Damn NSA email filter was so slow today.

So that's the next step. Before anything is posted/sent/emailed/uploaded etc. It goes through an NSA guard (like a spamguard) which first detects the contents of the message and if appropriate, then allows it to post or email successfully.

squarepusher
06-12-2013, 02:24 AM
I had this funny idea, kind of similar to this, that they released a 'KEYWORD' list a few weeks back, marking all the key words that they look for to flag for suspicious activity. What if everyone just copy/pasted those keywords everywhere, would also cause their systems to go haywire :)

donnay
06-12-2013, 07:27 AM
~Bump~

ghengis86
06-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Hahahaha, so now for any latency the NSA is the butt of all jokes. Fucking email wouldn't send for 10 minutes...Damn NSA email filter was so slow today.

So that's the next step. Before anything is posted/sent/emailed/uploaded etc. It goes through an NSA guard (like a spamguard) which first detects the contents of the message and if appropriate, then allows it to post or email successfully.

Laugh it up (I have to too, otherwise I rage and my BP spikes...), but this is essentially what the NSA does when they talk about the front end/upstream surveillance techniques of their various programs.

aGameOfThrones
06-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Everybody, use this quote in your email

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32900000/Homeland-s-Best-Quotes-homeland-32948082-750-530.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
06-12-2013, 08:10 AM
What a fucking IDIOTIC idea!

Google: n-gram nsa

-t

CPUd
06-12-2013, 08:32 AM
What a fucking IDIOTIC idea!

Google: n-gram nsa

-t

I can take it 1 step further:
http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Information-Retrieval-Christopher-Manning/dp/0521865719