PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Edward Snowden Vanishes From His Hong Kong Hotel Room

donnay
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Breaking: Edward Snowden Vanishes From His Hong Kong Hotel Room

Chris Carrington
The Daily Sheeple (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/breaking-edward-snowden-vanishes-from-his-hong-kong-hotel-room_062013)
June 11th, 2013

According to reports from the BBC, Edward Snowden has vanished from his Hong Kong hotel room. Ex-CIA employee Snowden, 29, was not expected to check out and the move has taken many by surprise. His whereabouts are unknown and thus far he has not made contact with anyone as to his plans.

Snowden who is on record as saying he had:

“an obligation to help free people from oppression”

He is being investigated regarding the leaks and the case has been referred to the Department of Justice as a criminal matter.

An online petition on the White House website has so far gotten 30,000 signatures calling for an immediate pardon for Snowden, though sadly, an opinion poll commissioned by the Washington Post reveals that the majority of American Citizens think that this kind of intrusive phone monitoring is acceptable if it is aimed at fighting terrorism.

The implications of Snowdens’ leaks have reverberated around the globe with similar allegations being leveled at GCHQ (Government Communication Headquarters) in the UK.

Before fleeing to Hong Kong Snowden said:

“The NSA has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything. With this capability, the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting. I don’t want to live in a society that does these sorts of things. I do not want to live in a world where everything I say and do is recorded…. We have seen enough criminality on behalf of the government, it is hypocritical to make this allegation against me.”

Hong Kong does have an extradition treaty with the US though a standard US visa lasts for 90 days, he is believed to have arrived in Hong Kong on May 20th.

He has recently said that he fears his actions could put him in jail and he is worried about his family and friends being sucked into the affair. His vanishing without warning from the Mira Hotel has concerned those close to him.

On Thursday, the Washington Post and Guardian said the NSA tapped directly into the servers of nine internet firms including Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Yahoo to track online communication in a program known as Prism.

All the internet companies deny giving the US government access to their servers.

Prism is said to give the NSA and FBI access to emails, web chats and other communications directly from the servers of major US internet companies.

Other major US Security Leaks
•Pentagon papers, 1971: Daniel Ellsberg leaks study showing the government had knowledge it was unlikely to win Vietnam war
•Watergate, 1972: Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein reveal extent of cover-up over burglary at Democrat National Committee HQ
•Iran-Contra affair, 1986: Iranian cleric reveals illegal US arms sales to Iran, the proceeds of which are later used to fund Nicaraguan Contras
•Valerie Plame, 2003: Ms Plame is revealed to be an undercover CIA agent, ending her covert career
•Abu Ghraib, 2004: Publication of pictures showing abuse of detainees at Iraq prison by US officials turns initial media reports of abuse into full-blown scandal
•Bradley Manning, 2010: The soldier downloads thousands of classified documents from military servers and hands them over to Wikileaks
- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/breaking-edward-snowden-vanishes-from-his-hong-kong-hotel-room_062013#sthash.bpNgfhWk.dpuf

Carlybee
06-11-2013, 01:47 PM
I hope it was of his own volition

belian78
06-11-2013, 01:50 PM
This was on Reddit last night, but today Greenwald said he spoke with Snowden within the last 5 hours. So I'm holding out hope that he's hid somewhere, but that puts Greenwald in a really tough spot if he knows where he is.

donnay
06-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I hope it was of his own volition

I hope so too. Hopefully he is on enroute to Iceland.

jmdrake
06-11-2013, 01:54 PM
This was on Reddit last night, but today Greenwald said he spoke with Snowden within the last 5 hours. So I'm holding out hope that he's hid somewhere, but that puts Greenwald in a really tough spot if he knows where he is.

Well that's good to hear.

Carlybee
06-11-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't know if he is safe anywhere. The US swings a mean stick and arent shy about threatening small governments.

thoughtomator
06-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I'd wager Greenwald knows where he is, otherwise we'd be hearing him asking where the hell he is.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2013, 02:04 PM
I hope so too. Hopefully he is on enroute to Iceland.

They'll probably cough him up just as quick as anybody else would.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I'd wager Greenwald knows where he is, otherwise we'd be hearing him asking where the hell he is.

Greenwald has put himself at real risk now as well.

God save both these men.

Uriel999
06-11-2013, 02:06 PM
godspeed snowden

ghengis86
06-11-2013, 02:24 PM
godspeed snowden

And Godspeed Greenwald

Warlord
06-11-2013, 02:28 PM
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER

HOLLYWOOD
06-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I hope wherever Snowden goes he is well protected, because, we witnessed the US government and President Drone, don't think twice about killing children, innocent civilians around the world. These sociopaths will spend millions, if not billions, to get one man for revealing the treasonous, illegal law breaking operations of the US government... even on their very own American people!

Megalomaniacs that have authorized themselves to murder around the world... all to keep their Imperial Empire's control secret.

Cowlesy
06-11-2013, 02:36 PM

They know where Greenwald is, then I am sure they know where he is.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Obama is probably going to give him a week before he acts. He's got time to flee. He should use it.

Next week they will probably start cancelling his passport, seizing assets etc and he'll be stuck.

They will discuss what to do in a cabinet meeting some time this week no doubt.

Seraphim
06-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Orders for Orwell's 1984 have spiked 6700%...IN ONE DAY. As per Amazon. nearly 7000% in one day.

Critical Mass, anyone?

TPTB are losing control of the "markets" right now as well.

"This is your Captain speaking; incoming turbulence. Please buckle up"

HOLLYWOOD
06-11-2013, 02:42 PM
They know where Greenwald is, then I am sure they know where he is.Wikileaks/Assange was a very good 'skrimmage game' for Greenwald/Snowden to coordinate well in advance the interview, travel/safe passage.

This would be the very first action completed before revealing and that's an awful lot of work... voice changers, MAC address changers, safe covert passage/travel, on & on.

Swonden and Greenwald are on top of their gameplan, I'm sure they also have alternate plans/routes/etc.

PINE GAP is extremely busy right now... ;)

donnay
06-11-2013, 02:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7XbU55PtU

ItsTime
06-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Obama is probably going to give him a week before he acts. He's got time to flee. He should use it.

Next week they will probably start cancelling his passport, seizing assets etc and he'll be stuck.

They will discuss what to do in a cabinet meeting some time this week no doubt.

I bet he has a lot of bit coin....

cajuncocoa
06-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Praying for his safety.

Lucille
06-11-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm praying he makes it.

Iceland also prosecutes criminal banksters rather than handing them keys to the nation's Treasury unlike the UFSA, so that's a plus too.

HOLLYWOOD
06-11-2013, 03:48 PM
This was on Reddit last night, but today Greenwald said he spoke with Snowden within the last 5 hours. So I'm holding out hope that he's hid somewhere, but that puts Greenwald in a really tough spot if he knows where he is.I hope it was a prerecorded conversation with false background noise.

Carlybee
06-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Look up US foreign aid to Iceland and that will tell you how willing they would be to cooperate. Dont forget we have promised military defense to some of these countries.

libertygrl
06-11-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't know if he is safe anywhere. The US swings a mean stick and arent shy about threatening small governments.

Not only that, but don't think for a minute that the Chinese wouldn't want to get their hands on this guy for US intell information - even if they have to torture him to get it.