PDA

View Full Version : Beck and Oreilly

kathy88
06-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Ran downtown to grab some food. Listening to Beck (enemies closer) and he and Shill are talking about the whistleblower. Shill mentions Rand will be on his show tonight. Glen starts asking him if he likes Rand, etc... Then he asks " do you think Rand is someone who's ideas could get us back in the right track?" Shill says maybe, if he would " come around on Iran and not follow his father down the yellow brick road of insanity." Glen couldn't have jumped in with "I agree" more quickly if his ass was on fire. Fuck Glen Beck. Now Ill sit back and wait to hear about how he's on our side, coming around, born again Libertarian etc...

enhanced_deficit
06-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Beck , Oreally, Savage etc are calculating opportunist noise makers for most part, those who believes they are "converting" are naive. But I don't mind them turning on fellow neocon pup in chief.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
kathy, they never change.

Read this:

http://lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo253.html

Rand plays them perfectly though in interviews. They won't get the better of him or make him look foolish. He is a lot smarter than them.

The one thing is people like Collins are alarmingly naive when it comes to these guys. They will not be endorsing Rand and will likely be taking swipes as we get closer to 2016. They are not his friends.

cajuncocoa
06-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Ran downtown to grab some food. Listening to Beck (enemies closer) and he and Shill are talking about the whistleblower. Shill mentions Rand will be on his show tonight. Glen starts asking him if he likes Rand, etc... Then he asks " do you think Rand is someone who's ideas could get us back in the right track?" Shill says maybe, if he would " come around on Iran and not follow his father down the yellow brick road of insanity." Glen couldn't have jumped in with "I agree" more quickly if his ass was on fire. Fuck Glen Beck. Now Ill sit back and wait to hear about how he's on our side, coming around, born again Libertarian etc...
Yep, I heard that too. But he's coming around, you know :rolleyes:

Warlord
06-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Yep, I heard that too. But he's coming around, you know :rolleyes:

They're not. They're just polite to Rand because he's earned the title 'senator' through winning a statewide election and he's interesting. As for 2016, they will start taking swipes and talking up other candidates. They will do all they can to tear down Rand don't you worry. You will be making plenty of "i told you so" threads cajun. Should keep you busy.

Antischism
06-11-2013, 09:38 AM
There are too many GOP apologists on these boards, so you'll always hear it.

fearthereaperx
06-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Rand should harden up on Iran to pacify the crowd.

cajuncocoa
06-11-2013, 09:53 AM
So funny how Beck is fooling everyone into thinking he's such a civil libertarian today over this. WTF was he doing when the PATRIOT Act, which authorizes all of this carp, was being rushed through? Oh, right...he was cheering that on and calling opponents "anti-American".

You know what? He must becoming around!! /sarcasm

liveandletlive
06-11-2013, 09:56 AM
So funny how Beck is fooling everyone into thinking he's such a civil libertarian today over this. WTF was he doing when the PATRIOT Act, which authorizes all of this carp, was being rushed through? Oh, right...he was cheering that on and calling opponents "anti-American".

The whole narrative is that he found religion on the road to Damascus. I don't buy it, but he's certainly keeping up with his script

kathy88
06-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Rand could score back some points with me if he marches in there and calls O'Reilly out for calling his father insane and demands an apology. OMFG did you SEE that? A Flying pig.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 10:07 AM

Do you really think Beck or anyone else fools anyone here?

He might have people like Collins and Hunter believing his BS but i've warned them he's not their friend and will be getting a lot more hostile closer to 2016. Although I actually think the others will go further than Beck but i can't predict future events.

COpatriot
06-11-2013, 10:13 AM
There shouldn't be a doubt in anyone's mind about Beck stabbing Rand in the back for the next warmongering Santorumite that comes along.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 10:29 AM
There shouldn't be a doubt in anyone's mind about Beck stabbing Rand in the back for the next warmongering Santorumite that comes along.

But according to cajun we're all fooled.

You can praise Beck's (and the rest) current stances without being taken in by them.

IDefendThePlatform
06-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Rand could score back some points with me if he marches in there and calls O'Reilly out for calling his father insane and demands an apology. OMFG did you SEE that? A Flying pig.

i owe you a +rep.

Cap
06-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I was out painting the shutters today and was listening as well. Kathy, I was infuriated to put it midly. Both of these asshats are scum and enemies of Liberty.

By the way, O'Reilly was pimping his book. I hope he gets some favorable reviews on it. ;)

ZENemy
06-11-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm repeating myself here but...

Glen beck is a PAID ACTOR!!!

KNOW this and all confusion about him will disappear.

compromise
06-11-2013, 11:18 AM
I like Beck. I'm not sure about him endorsing Rand in 2016 (I think he'll go for Santorum again, since he doesn't like Christie or Rubio), but his show has a lot of good stuff nowadays. He has a personal friendship with Rand. The fact he's bringing up Rand is a good thing.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm repeating myself here but...

Glen beck is a PAID ACTOR!!!

KNOW this and all confusion about him will disappear.

So you're not fooled then?

Wonder if cajun is keeping a running score of those who are and those who aren't.

06-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Who cares? The talking heads are useful idiots. When they agree get all the mileage out of it you can, when they don't ignore them.

compromise
06-11-2013, 11:26 AM
I like the fact that Beck brought Rand up in the first place. That would never have happened with Ron, especially this early on. Ron was just blacked out.

kathy88
06-11-2013, 11:31 AM
It does matter, though. Because a LARGER percentage of their audience are savants. They will blindly not vote for Rand because of what these asshats are going to say about him sometime in the future. I don't understand why people don't get that. I've seen more than one person say that it won't matter no one is going to not vote for Rand just because of that. Are you kidding me?

Cap
06-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Fuck yes it matters. Kathy said it above my post... read it again. Those of you that fellate Beck and the troll O'Reilly should be ashamed of yourselves. Did you guys hear what they said about Ron? By extension, they were talking about us. Fuck them.

satchelmcqueen
06-11-2013, 11:38 AM
also want him to do that. what i cant get over is that he hangs with hannity a lot after hannity lied 1000 times about ron and called him crazy and everything else. i would have beat his ass on live tv for that. thats his dad! i do realize you must play nice to keep making headway as sad as that is. thats why id never make it i guess. i would seriously beat the hell out of beck if he didnt tell my dad he was sorry for lying about him.

im hoping that if rand wins the race, then he will be like "got ya!" to all of these idiots and ust go all hardcore on them. calling them out.

FSP-Rebel
06-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Who cares? The talking heads are useful idiots. When they agree get all the mileage out of it you can, when they don't ignore them.
This has been my sentiments about all the hosts that are letting Rand use their shows to boost his profile amongst the conservative base. As I've stated about Levin, even though he's generally amusing to me and calls Rand a "Top Shelf" Senator, it's not a guarantee that he'll enthusiastically back him for Prez nor any of these other guys. And believe me, when he was calling Ron names during the last races it would piss me off so I'd have to turn the radio dial in my vehicle otherwise I'd be screaming at it and raising my blood pressure. Point is, and I'm sure they're looking for the right angle, they won't have the extensive demagogue ammo they used on Ron toward Rand. Plus, Rand's profile is sky high on all the right issues w/ the base that the talk hosts' fluff will be like water off a duck's back and make them look ridiculous.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
It does matter, though. Because a LARGER percentage of their audience are savants. They will blindly not vote for Rand because of what these asshats are going to say about him sometime in the future. I don't understand why people don't get that. I've seen more than one person say that it won't matter no one is going to not vote for Rand just because of that. Are you kidding me?

Nobody in IA or NH will be listening to Beck or Limbaugh on how to vote come 2016. Their effect is minimal .

If they were so powerful Obama would not be in office. They've all been ranting against him for years

ZENemy
06-11-2013, 11:48 AM
So you're not fooled then?

Wonder if cajun is keeping a running score of those who are and those who aren't.

:D

cajuncocoa
06-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Do you really think Beck or anyone else fools anyone here?Only too often, I'm afraid.

cajuncocoa
06-11-2013, 11:53 AM

+rep

kathy88
06-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Nobody in IA or NH will be listening to Beck or Limbaugh on how to vote come 2016. Their effect is minimal .

If they were so powerful Obama would not be in office. They've all been ranting against him for years

What does ranting against Obama have to do with a REPUBLICAN primary?

ZENemy
06-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Only too often, I'm afraid.

Exactly right, we got a shit storm of "Beck has changed, he really gets it now" a few months ago, I still dont get why?

I think, both sides of all wars in history have been funded by the same side, its no different now.

cajuncocoa
06-11-2013, 11:56 AM
also want him to do that. what i cant get over is that he hangs with hannity a lot after hannity lied 1000 times about ron and called him crazy and everything else. i would have beat his ass on live tv for that. thats his dad! i do realize you must play nice to keep making headway as sad as that is. thats why id never make it i guess. i would seriously beat the hell out of beck if he didnt tell my dad he was sorry for lying about him.

im hoping that if rand wins the race, then he will be like "got ya!" to all of these idiots and ust go all hardcore on them. calling them out.
Heck, I don't need him to beat Hannity's ass (although that would be awesome!) I would be happy if he would just tell Hannity "you know, I do have to take issue with some of the things you've said about my Dad over the years...." and then take the opportunity to show Hannity and his audience where they were wrong about Ron.

donnay
06-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Fuck yes it matters. Kathy said it above my post... read it again. Those of you that fellate Beck and the troll O'Reilly should be ashamed of yourselves. Did you guys hear what they said about Ron? By extension, they were talking about us. Fuck them.

Most Americans have short attention spans and bad memories. In 2008, Beck likened us to Terrorist!

AuH20
06-11-2013, 12:17 PM
I have no problems with Savage or Beck, despite disagreeing with them on occasion, since they are easily two of the most virulent anti-two party guys in the media today. I think the Ron Paul cultists get caught in this whirlwind of he said/ she said what in that they focus on demonizing potential allies for the rest of eternity since someone <gasp> said something obectionable about Ron Paul. I don't think it's kindergarten anymore. Three points that you should consider:

1. Not all pundits are equal.
2. Not all pundits hold a secret agenda, despite being company men or plain ignorant
3. Not all pundits are going to see things exactly as you to the letter. These subtle differences do not make them a demon.

nbruno322
06-11-2013, 12:20 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/1et6jn.jpg

Warlord
06-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Heck, I don't need him to beat Hannity's ass (although that would be awesome!) I would be happy if he would just tell Hannity "you know, I do have to take issue with some of the things you've said about my Dad over the years...." and then take the opportunity to show Hannity and his audience where they were wrong about Ron.

Never, ever going to happen. You be polite to Sean. He's got 10 million listeners and 2 million viewers on TV. ASS KISS HIM. That's politics. Sucks I know.

He wants to hear Obama bashing not his own BS challenged. Give him what he wants and you'll get invited back. Rand does it in spades.