PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Blimp

RohanT
11-26-2007, 02:30 PM
is a colossal waste of money.

I understand the sentiments behind it. They are not practical. The blimp will hardly translate to primary election votes. Perhaps this is not the purpose of the blimp in the first place.

Imagine.. the mainstream media is mesmerized as the image of the Ron Paul blimp...The local Television stations broadcast its every move.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I lollerskeeted when I read this Disney fairytale shit. The MSM is steadfast in their stance on Ron Paul and a blimp is hardly the means to bring about change in MSM coverage.

The idea of aerial advertising is good for spreading name recognition. The blimp gives 100 flying hours in a one month period costing $350,000 and at only one place at a give time. Airplane advertising gives 100 flying hours for $25,000 or 1400 flying hours for $350,000 in 14 different locations at one time.

At this point in time, money is better allocated into organizing events such as voter registration drives. These types of events actually have a measurable impact on the primary elections.

Best of luck in all of your RP campaign endeavors.

That is all.

BIG_J
11-26-2007, 02:32 PM
apparently 161,000 dollars disagrees with you.

quit crying about it; and start your own idea.

Matt Collins
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
I have said it before and I'll say it again....

A blimp is A BAD IDEA!!! The money could be more effective elsewhere...
Here is why:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40432

BIG_J
11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Hey; I guess your "totally LOLZ awesomez" argument didn't sway anyone. Sorry...

I guess you'll just have to live with people pledging their own money to what they want.

What a concept.

liam
11-26-2007, 02:41 PM
The whole campaign is unconventional so why stop now? It is for the market to decide whether it flies surely. If the money is raised it flies, if not it doesn't!

francisco
11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I have said it before and I'll say it again....

A blimp is A BAD IDEA!!! The money could be more effective elsewhere...

Matt,

Why are you being so negative?

If you think it is a bad idea, don't contribute.

Start a POSITIVE alternative initiative of your own, do the research, get some collaborators, start a website, promote your idea.

Your constant negativity is wearing, and disrespectful of those who are enthused about an idea and are using their own resources to support it. Please do something constructive instead of p*****g and m*****g about what other people choose to do with their own money.

troyd1
11-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I think this will get tons of media attention. Probably not a whole lot national, but you never know. Locally, if the press is notified, I think they will all want to cover it which is targeted advertising.

Primbs
11-26-2007, 03:06 PM
is a colossal waste of money.

I understand the sentiments behind it. They are not practical. The blimp will hardly translate to primary election votes. Perhaps this is not the purpose of the blimp in the first place.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I lollerskeeted when I read this Disney fairytale shit. The MSM is steadfast in their stance on Ron Paul and a blimp is hardly the means to bring about change in MSM coverage.

The idea of aerial advertising is good for spreading name recognition. The blimp gives 100 flying hours in a one month period costing $350,000 and at only one place at a give time. Airplane advertising gives 100 flying hours for $25,000 or 1400 flying hours for $350,000 in 14 different locations at one time.

At this point in time, money is better allocated into organizing events such as voter registration drives. These types of events actually have a measurable impact on the primary elections.

Best of luck in all of your RP campaign endeavors.

That is all.

The time for voter registration is over. We have to let the people know Ron Paul even exists. Then give them reasons to vote for Ron Paul whether those reasons are based on issues or more emotional reasons like "I like the way he talks or he seems like a reasonable man."

Maybe those reasons will be to change the direction of politics in DC.

Because Ron Paul is still unknown to many people and the voters in New Hampshire are being flooded with mailers and have seen twenty thousand plus political commercials, a blimp will break through the clutter of the typical campaign media.