PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul on The O'Reilly Factor 6/11/13 (video added)

jct74
06-11-2013, 09:17 AM
just announced by O'Reilly on Glenn Beck's radio show

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtp3dItllB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtp3dItllB8

asurfaholic
06-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Eek. This will be interesting.

liveandletlive
06-11-2013, 09:44 AM
The Leprechaun is ready to troll

supermario21
06-11-2013, 09:56 AM
CAUTION!

Warlord
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Look forward to it!

Prepare to get played Bill :>

FSP-Rebel
06-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Going prime time for the 2nd day in a row. Not even counting online pieces, Rand's already probably reached 15 million people alone with his tv/radio appearances over the last two days. He sure is a pro at owning issues du jour and turning them into libertarian rhetorical classes.

satchelmcqueen
06-11-2013, 11:15 AM
i cant wait to see rand shut bill up. rand can and will do it. i bet money on it. orielly is going to look like the fool that i know he is.

WD-NY
06-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Look forward to it!

Prepare to get played Bill :>

Oreilly's talking points from last night (June 10th) sounded like they were written by Rand.

http://www.billoreilly.com/show?action=viewTVShow&showID=3410#1

"The surveillance situation is very confusing, but vitally important for every American. Here is the headline: The U.S. government is building a 1,000,000 square foot complex in Utah that will house phone call and email data taken from Americans and foreigners alike. Also, a leaker named Edward Snowden gave information to a London newspaper saying the U.S. is taking information from tech companies in order to fight the war on terror.

We really don't know exactly what the government is doing. Phone calls and emails to and from American citizens are being scrutinized; it's a massive intrusion and it affects all of us. What could happen, and what has happened, is that corrupt government officials have put out private data illegally. We saw that in the IRS hearings last week - a pro-traditional marriage organization had data leaked to its enemies, allegedly by an IRS official.

In the case of emails, you have actual words on paper that people have said in private. If that information is being stored in Utah, that's flat-out unconstitutional. So this is one big mess, and ideologically it's absolutely chaos.

Supporters of the NSA surveillance program include Senator John McCain, Senator Diane Feinstein, Republican Karl Rove and Democrat Kirsten Powers.

Opposed are Glenn Beck, Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, and Al Gore.

Some liberals are surprised that President Obama is behind the program, but the President wants a powerful federal government that runs nearly everything, so this is consistent.

Here's what I think: The war on terror requires aggressive federal surveillance. Storing phone call data is questionable, but I think it's permissible under the Constitution. But seizing actual words of Americans said in private, unless there's probable cause, is clearly unconstitutional. I'm very tough on national security, but this is dangerous.

One more thing: All this government intrusion didn't stop those Boston bombers, did it?"

Unless Oreilly pulls a total 180, he's is going to help Rand look like a rockstar tonight.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Oreilly's talking points from last night (June 10th) sounded like they were written by Rand.

http://www.billoreilly.com/show?action=viewTVShow&showID=3410#1

Unless Oreilly pulls a total 180, he's is going to help Rand look like a rockstar tonight.

He was polite last time. O'Reilly tends to be dazzled by the magic 'senator' title. It really is magic. Only 100 people out of 320 million have it. I guess state senator's also have it but the US senate one is prestigeous. O'Reilly worships the state and the titles it confers on its rulers.

Sola_Fide
06-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Here's what I think: The war on terror requires aggressive federal surveillance. Storing phone call data is questionable, but I think it's permissible under the Constitution.

No Bill. The war on terror that never ends is not permissible under the Constitution.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 12:48 PM
No Bill. The war on terror that never ends is not permissible under the Constitution.

Warlord dares you to email him and ask when he thinks the war will be over.

kathy88
06-11-2013, 12:52 PM
O'Reilly's comment to Beck today. "as long as he comes around on Iran and doesn't follow his father down the yellow brick road of insanity."

FSP-Rebel
06-11-2013, 01:01 PM
O'Reilly's comment to Beck today. "as long as he comes around on Iran and doesn't follow his father down the yellow brick road of insanity."
When in reality the yellow brick road leads one to find what the Wizard is doing behind the curtain, another Bill fail. When I encounter these chubs, which is quite rare, who espouse this nonsense I tell them that if they want to strike Iran over their wanting nuclear capabilities for energy, I ask them where they're going to find the money to pay for a war against Russia and China.

DonVolaric
06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
just announced by O'Reilly on Glenn Beck's radio show Rand Paul is in his comfort zone he will take Bill O'Reilly to school with class (can't wait). Rand Paul 2016 Like Father, Like Son http://imageshack.us/a/img69/8293/47454394.jpg

matt0611
06-11-2013, 03:10 PM

That's true. When was the "war on terror" declared anyway? I must have missed that. Not that you can declare war on a "tactic" anyway.

trey4sports
06-11-2013, 03:33 PM
i cant wait to see rand shut bill up. rand can and will do it. i bet money on it. orielly is going to look like the fool that i know he is.

or..... detente, which is much more likely.

jct74
06-11-2013, 05:41 PM
bump

jct74
06-11-2013, 06:10 PM
up next

georgiaboy
06-11-2013, 06:16 PM
play by play please, for us boycotters.

brandon
06-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Meh rand seemed too timid

brandon
06-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Typical oreilly talking over his guest and changing the subject before they can even answer.

QWDC
06-11-2013, 06:27 PM
That's such a strange position: I don't care that they have all this data, as long as they don't read it until they have permission. Is it OK to put a security camera in everyone's homes and record them 24/7 as long as it isn't watched until a warrant is issued? It's a moot point anyways because it's pretty obvious they are looking at them without permission, which O'Reily refuses to except. I'll never understand why people who don't trust the government with one dollar of tax money will trust them blindly with civil liberty issues.

liveandletlive
06-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Statist thug Oreilly will never change...a so called "tradionalist" hahaha

ClydeCoulter
06-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Tube?

Mr.NoSmile
06-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Tube?

It just aired. Give it a second...

ObiRandKenobi
06-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Not the best quality

Rand Paul rudely interrupts Bill O’Reilly’s interview with himself…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQSYb2wXkKE

h/t MP (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/06/11/rand-paul-edward-snowdens-leak-was-a-noble-gesture/)

ClydeCoulter
06-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Not the best quality

h/t MP (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/06/11/rand-paul-edward-snowdens-leak-was-a-noble-gesture/)

Thank you very much :)

I like Rand's stated position here much better :D

Rand: "I think that, in many ways, is a noble gesture, because he's having to give up a great deal"

georgiaboy
06-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Imagine if Snowden & Greenwald release private email, innocuous but private nonetheless, of OReilly, Limbaugh, Coulter, Levin, oh, and maybe Drudge, Ms. Huffington, and for good measure some Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow.

Just to give a sample of what the NSA has access to.

It'd be all over.

RM918
06-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Imagine if Snowden & Greenwald release private email, innocuous but private nonetheless, of OReilly, Limbaugh, Coulter, Levin, oh, and maybe Drudge, Ms. Huffington, and for good measure some Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow.

It'd be all over.

As we saw with the AP scandal, the only way you get the media to give two shits about any of this is if you give them proof that one of them is getting persecuted.

twomp
06-11-2013, 08:04 PM

It'd be all over.

That would be brilliant and to boot, they should release the private emails of McCain, Feinstein and Graham as well.

LibertyEagle
06-11-2013, 08:12 PM

It'd be all over.

Now THAT would be brilliant.

Elias Graves
06-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Now THAT would be brilliant.

And also stooping to the same level.
He handled himself admirably.

Sola_Fide
06-11-2013, 09:12 PM
What a blowhard.

Brian4Liberty
06-11-2013, 09:24 PM
O'Really is scum.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 09:37 PM
He wasn't as polite as last time. Bill is worked up into a lather because he's conflicted on Snowden. Hard to demonize and call him a traitor like Feinstein and Boehner and he knows its a tough sell to the audience.

WD-NY
06-11-2013, 10:25 PM
He wasn't as polite as last time. Bill is worked up into a lather because he's conflicted on Snowden. Hard to demonize and call him a traitor like Feinstein and Boehner and he knows its a tough sell to the audience.

I get the feeling that Rand wasn't prep at all (or was prepped very poorly) by staff for this interview.

Given the size of OReilly's audience, his not-so-supportive views towards some of Rand's positions, Team Rand's goal to slowly-but-surely, win him (mostly) over and the fact that PRISM = an opportunity for Rand & Bill to *team up* against Obama/Liberals (which builds camaraderie), I'm surprised that Rand (or rather, his staff) didn't make the most of this opportunity.

OReilly's talking points from the night before made clear he wanted to zero in on PRISM and how collecting domestic internet activity, emails and/or meta-data, is a massive violation of the 4th amendment.

satchelmcqueen
06-11-2013, 11:06 PM
oreally was still a jerkoff. rand even smiled at one point when bill wouldnt shut his trap.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I get the feeling that Rand wasn't prep at all (or was prepped very poorly) by staff for this interview.

Given the size of OReilly's audience, his not-so-supportive views towards some of Rand's positions, Team Rand's goal to slowly-but-surely, win him (mostly) over and the fact that PRISM = an opportunity for Rand & Bill to *team up* against Obama/Liberals (which builds camaraderie), I'm surprised that Rand (or rather, his staff) didn't make the most of this opportunity.

OReilly's talking points from the night before made clear he wanted to zero in on PRISM and how collecting domestic internet activity, emails and/or meta-data, is a massive violation of the 4th amendment.

Bill's primary interest is always to defend the National Security state and the War on Terror rather than being anti-Obama who he wants to prosecute it. This is why he's trying to whitewash the domestic FISA order on Verizon and attempted to talk over Rand when he raised the possibility of orders against AT&T and a billion records.

Instead he feigns concern about them reading his emails. He's more interested in everythng being lawful and correct. There's no doubt they're complying with every law. The laws suck. But as long as its lawful Bill O can sell that to his audience in the name of safety and protection. If he's really concerned about them having his emails he'd call for a change in the law but he won't.

Rand did a good job I thought keeping it focused on the phone records and what he knows is a contravention of the Fourth Amendment.

anaconda
06-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Kudos to Rand for repeating Greenwald's point about "meta data" analysis creating a privacy-invading data set on a person, without having to actually "listen" to the content of a phone call.

I would love to see Greenwald make O'Reilly blow a gasket in an interview.

randomname
06-12-2013, 02:45 AM
Did rand misspeak and say "megadata" instead of "metadata"? :D

Schifference
06-12-2013, 07:02 AM
O'reilly keeps saying he is concerned about emails "words on paper". My emails are electronic no paper involved.

PaulC
06-12-2013, 08:25 AM
Typical oreilly talking over his guest and changing the subject before they can even answer.

I wonder how many times his guests are thinking they'd like to say "WILL YOU SHUT THE F@*K UP!"