PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Rand Paul on CBS's This Morning 6/11/13

jct74
06-11-2013, 08:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D0vs2FXBFo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D0vs2FXBFo

radiofriendly
06-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Sure, this conversation on civil disobedience and civil rights has been interesting, but why won't you stick to the White House talking points? And, I have to ask, what's new with the hair?

Matt Collins
06-11-2013, 08:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D0vs2FXBFo

FSP-Rebel
06-11-2013, 10:26 AM
How tacky was that to remark about someone's hair..my god. Of course, Rand just smoked them like a joint and they had nothing. I couldn't help but chuckle when the one broad piped up about how the govt doesn't track peoples' shopping records and Rand flat out stated "you're wrong" and schooled her on the third party banking records. Man, he's got some serious communication skills plus the patience to deal with these trollips, something I have very little of. I am glad that he's stepped up the rhetoric about the prez being a hypocrite, that's really gotta give acid reflux to these MSM propagandists.

WD-NY
06-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Lol, Nora Odonnell used the same exact "white house talking points" (literally, almost word for word) that Mika Brezninski got taken to the wood chipper for using by Glenn Greenwald yesterday.

(entire interview is a must watch - smackdown of Mika begins at 9:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFeNcOjENYE

Now we know why CBS gave Nora the morning gig...

Anywho, Rand handled that grilling quite well.

randomname
06-11-2013, 10:48 AM
ugh these pundits are such mouthpieces for the government, its disgusting

AJ Antimony
06-11-2013, 12:06 PM
These were very tough questions and Dr. Paul handled them perfectly. I was actually sort of surprised. I hadn't seen him get such hard interview questions in a long time, so I was expecting him to struggle a little. He was ready.

lakerssuck92
06-11-2013, 01:35 PM
These losers are simply repeating White House talking points. Our press is really full of sellouts nowadays....

T.hill
06-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Wow, he answered every question perfectly.

EBounding
06-11-2013, 05:03 PM
I like how the Charlie-face kept pressing Rand to "pick a side" (HERO or TRAITOR?!) to distract from the real issue at hand. Unfortunately some people seemed to have taken the bait....

jtstellar
06-13-2013, 11:40 PM
woman in pink: "all 3 branches of government ruled in favor of secret surveillance, all the biggest guys in the room have said this is the way, so i think i will just lie down and take it, why won't you too, rand paul?"

he's not a fuckin bitch, that's why

anaconda
06-14-2013, 04:08 PM
And, I have to ask, what's new with the hair?

I loved that Rand got the opportunity to simply laugh this off with the "hot out of the shower" reply. Every other comment at the Huffington Post asserts that Rand Paul wears a wig. Ironic since Arianna Huffington herself said she touched it and confirms that it's real hair (on Bill Maher March 8, 2013).

anaconda
06-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Awesome that Rand was fully prepared to address the overwhelming criticism of the "progressives" regarding "why now," and "where were you before when this was going on" and "you knew about this so why didn't you do anything before?" Seems like about half of the anti-Rand comments at HuffPo are focused on these type of issues. Along with accusations that Rand wears a wig. The "progressives'" comments at the HuffPo seem (to me) to be generally vapid, uninformed, and immature.

anaconda
06-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Why is Charlie Rose doing the news now?

Warlord
06-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Awesome that Rand was fully prepared to address the overwhelming criticism of the "progressives" regarding "why now," and "where were you before when this was going on" and "you knew about this so why didn't you do anything before?" Seems like about half of the anti-Rand comments at HuffPo are focused on these type of issues. Along with accusations that Rand wears a wig. The "progressives'" comments at the HuffPo seem (to me) to be generally vapid, uninformed, and immature.

Those are (once again) DNC comment squads. Paid hacks who sit there all day attacking Republicans.

anaconda
06-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Those are (once again) DNC comment squads. Paid hacks who sit there all day attacking Republicans.

Seriously? Do you have any proof of this?

Warlord
06-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Seriously? Do you have any proof of this?

Pretty obvous. They're all over the place with vapid, inane comments. Politico, WaPo, NYT, huffpo. They're partisans and can only be paid for what they do because no rational person posts attacks like that for sake of attacking unless they're hopelessly partisan and likely on the party payroll.

Warlord
06-14-2013, 05:21 PM
It might not be done directly via the DNC but those various commenters remind me of Media Matters of America. They're doing it through some liberal foundation but making sure it's on every top publication's comments section to keep up the illusion and the attacks. Think about it; it's a great form of cheap political advertising and its legal as well.

anaconda
06-14-2013, 05:25 PM
It might not be done directly via the DNC but those various commenters remind me of Media Matters of America. They're doing it through some liberal foundation but making sure it's on every top publication's comments section to keep up the illusion and the attacks. Think about it; it's a great form of cheap political advertising and its legal as well.

I've noticed that pro-liberty and anti-Obama comments often seem to dominate for news stories posted on Yahoo.com. Even though the news story in question often has statist propaganda leanings.

Warlord
06-14-2013, 05:36 PM
I've noticed that pro-liberty and anti-Obama comments often seem to dominate for news stories posted on Yahoo.com. Even though the news story in question often has statist propaganda leanings.

They probably don't infect Yahoo! Their system cleverly threads comments like a forum so it's no use to them. The others allow you to stack and overwhelm so when the occasional glancer looks down all they see is the DNC attacks. On Yahoo! when you look down you'll see multiple threads where you've got to click again to see the replies so they're fostering actual discussion and that's not what these hacks seek.