PDA

View Full Version : Really new member here

fesoferbex
06-10-2013, 06:58 PM
This is my 10th post, I registered today. And the first response I've gotten was "you sat on your ass."

Really?

Thanks for the welcome guys.

FYI: Served 5 years in the Marines working in SIGINT. I became a right-leaning libertarian after reading Atlas Shrugged in summer 2010. In the last year I've become a Minarchist after refining my arguments and researching and learning. I was really inspired today by Snowden and figured I'd come over to these forums.

So, um. WHAT GIVES?

CaptUSA
06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
It's a little rough in here sometimes. We are all individuals. It'd be a major mistake to group people in this forum together based on the posts of a few.

Welcome to the forums, my friend! I hope you kept your ECH - it comes in handy here.

TheGrinch
06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
You found someone crabby that their cause didn't get the attention they felt it deserved... Umm, sorry... Welcome to the forums, and apparently the internet, where yes, some people can be assholes at times.

In all seriousness, I look forward to your contributions, and hope you can get past a few rude remarks.

mczerone
06-10-2013, 07:02 PM
This is my 10th post, I registered today. And the first response I've gotten was "you sat on your ass."

Really?

FYI: Served 5 years in the Marines working in SIGINT. I became a right-leaning libertarian after reading Atlas Shrugged in summer 2010. In the last year I've become a Minarchist after refining my arguments and researching and learning. I was really inspired today by Snowden and figured I'd come over to these forums.

So, um. WHAT GIVES?

Welcome to the internet...

People here, like anywhere you go, tend to be rude and dismissive. Especially those who have gotten used to new members just being trolls, sock-puppet accounts, or "evil conspiracy" agents.

Stick around, and you'll see that the people who treated you poorly are despised by the respected posters and are only still around because they aren't quite abrasive enough to warrant a ban.

If you did have a problem, though, you can click the little "triangle warning sign" on the bottom banner of the specific rude post to report the user. If you don't report this bad behavior, and it continues, we'll come back and tell you that it happened because you "sat on your ass" :)

Seriously, welcome to the boards, keep an open mind, and beware the keyboard warriors.

fesoferbex
06-10-2013, 07:03 PM
It's a little rough in here sometimes. We are all individuals. It'd be a major mistake to group people in this forum together based on the posts of a few.

Welcome to the forums, my friend! I hope you kept your ECH - it comes in handy here.

Well I don't think any rational person becomes a Libertarian without accepting that it WILL be rough going. It's just that this is the FIRST Libertarian group I've EVER sought association with, and the first thing I'm told is "you're lazy"

:\

Welp, consider my ECH deployed

COME AT ME BRO XD

torchbearer
06-10-2013, 07:07 PM
sorry, its the internet.
any 6 year old with an internet connection can post on this forum.
no test or requirements to sign up.

welcome to the forum...
and i have friends from marze.

green73
06-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Welcome!

http://www.lewrockwell.com/vance/vance-arch.html

Bryan
06-10-2013, 07:10 PM
It's just that this is the FIRST Libertarian group I've EVER sought association with, and the first thing I'm told is "you're lazy"

Sorry, I can't help but laugh some, just the way you delivered that. Really, as others said, welcome to the forum. Be sure to note that members need to follow our guidelines (see my sig) and if they don't you can report their posts, see the triangle with the "!" icon under each post.

jkr
06-10-2013, 07:11 PM
WELCOME!

TheTexan
06-10-2013, 07:14 PM
I was really inspired today by Snowden and figured I'd come over to these forums.

Welcome!

talkingpointes
06-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Welcome, thanks for coming by!

fesoferbex
06-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Sorry, I can't help but laugh some, just the way you delivered that. Really, as others said, welcome to the forum. Be sure to note that members need to follow our guidelines (see my sig) and if they don't you can report their posts, see the triangle with the "!" icon under each post.

Well I think even though I was judged too quickly, I won't return the favor. Probably the individual is quite nice, probably hard working, and clearly passionate. So, I don't think a warning is necessary by any means. Afterall... I'm the new guy and if anybody is trucking for a warning today, it would most likely be me! XD

VoluntaryAmerican
06-10-2013, 07:19 PM
welcome to rpf

torchbearer
06-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Well I think even though I was judged too quickly, I won't return the favor. Probably the individual is quite nice, probably hard working, and clearly passionate. So, I don't think a warning is necessary by any means. Afterall... I'm the new guy and if anybody is trucking for a warning today, it would most likely be me! XD

well, old timers need to realize that the liberty idea is growing and new seeds are formed all the time.
that means there will be new people who haven't been here tending rows.
i do what i do, so that more people come into the coalition of free men. i don't care how they get here.

Henry Rogue
06-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Welcome. It takes awhile to gain trust here. I've been here since mid "11" and I think a few people still don't trust me, but that's ok, you can't really know someone unless you meet them in person. Stick around it'll be worth it.

torchbearer
06-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Welcome. It takes awhile to gain trust here. I've been here since mid "11" and I think a few people still don't trust me, but that's ok, you can't really know someone unless you meet them in person. Stick around it'll be worth it.

that's true.

heavenlyboy34
06-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Welcome! Don't be too offended. Sometimes RPFers are grouchy, some have cranky days, and a few are chronic assholes.

torchbearer
06-10-2013, 08:15 PM
^^^beware of hugs

heavenlyboy34
06-10-2013, 08:17 PM
^^^beware of hugs
:P Ignore this^^ As most anyone here can attest, I am a world class hugger. :toady:

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the forums and I apologize if you felt less than welcome. As one of the more famous members of the forums once said to me over dinner - "RPF is the liberty crucible". It can be hard to get adjusted but I promise it is worth it in the end. Welcome aboard!

phill4paul
06-10-2013, 08:20 PM
FYI: Served 5 years in the Marines working in SIGINT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQLoFfmqdY

Feel welcome now? :D

extrmmxer
06-10-2013, 08:22 PM
TI was really inspired today by Snowden and figured I'd come over to these forums.

Welcome. Don't let others discourage you. You'll find the majority of people on here are pretty cool and helpful. The knowledge you'll gain by visiting this board daily is priceless.

Sola_Fide
06-10-2013, 08:27 PM

Really?

So, um. WHAT GIVES?

Welcome.

My advice is: Don't take anything personal. Forums like this are ideological testing grounds. Passionately defend what you believe and welcome correction. Above all, work to make your worldview consistent.

newbitech
06-10-2013, 08:28 PM

Really?

So, um. WHAT GIVES?

check out the avatar thread and join us in showing some solidarity behind this man. I think the fact that he's donated to Ron Paul and has probably visited these forums and possible even been chewed out by someone here gives those of us who've been around a sense of pride and possibly even a coming of age moment.

I know I am watching closely for more people to step up and take action like this man did. I believe so many here are looking to put the ideas of freedom and liberty and those principles we learned from Ron Paul in to action.

The best part about RPF is it's a slice of the broader movement that is full of some of the best people you will ever come to know. It's a large and diffuse support group that does an amazing job of getting to the heart of matters. It is also a broad coalition of people from around the world that I believe support each other through thick and thin.

Hope you find a home here. Welcome, and next time someone tells you that you sat on your ass, just laugh and remind them that it's not as bad as doing a face plant into someone else's :p

FSP-Rebel
06-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Welcome aboard, soldier! Not surprised you weren't greeted with open arms out of the gate, some here are suspicious of their own shadow. And, there is in-fighting at times over minor disagreements but we all error on the side of the individual, not the govt. Enjoy the show and stay engaged.

QuickZ06
06-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome aboard!

And lib3rtarian was being a sourpuss, don't let the few make a big impression about us here.

XTreat
06-10-2013, 09:44 PM
With the rise of Rand and as the elections grow nearer we are going to see an influx of new people looking to see what all the fuss is about.

Remember that www.randpaulforums.com redirects here and we will be seeing more and more of mainstream American voter paying us a visit (not necessarily referring to you fesoferbex).

We should keep this in mind and use this a lesson in etiquette, we do have forum rules as well.

Bruno
06-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Welcome to you, other new members, and all the lurkers as well. :)

fesoferbex
06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Feel welcome now? :D

Yes, that was the best welcome all day! XD

And to everyone else, thanks for the welcome. I'm a dead serious though, I worked in the same community as Snowden, I was originally slated for the same place he worked at. And I can't and won't divulge secrets, but I DO understand the capabilities we brought to the table. As a Marine those abilities were VITAL in mission. But if they are being used against fellow citizens, not only is that a violation of 4th amendment rights, but also a violation of the regulations set forth internally by NSA itself!

I can't say much more as it would violate my NDA and unnecessarily highlight me, but Snowden did nothing wrong if indeed what he says is true.

torchbearer
06-10-2013, 10:20 PM

And to everyone else, thanks for the welcome. I'm a dead serious though, I worked in the same community as Snowden, I was originally slated for the same place he worked at. And I can't and won't divulge secrets, but I DO understand the capabilities we brought to the table. As a Marine those abilities were VITAL in mission. But if they are being used against fellow citizens, not only is that a violation of 4th amendment rights, but also a violation of the regulations set forth internally by NSA itself!

I can't say much more as it would violate my NDA and unnecessarily highlight me, but Snowden did nothing wrong if indeed what he says is true.

and just a reminder, this a public forum, so the things you write, can easily read by anyone. including... well you know.

fesoferbex
06-10-2013, 10:26 PM
and just a reminder, this a public forum, so the things you write, can easily read by anyone. including... well you know.

Yes indeed, so I keep my explanations unclass. Nope, my biggest crime agains the government is thinking for myself and wanting to live and let live, I'm afraid.

green73
06-10-2013, 10:33 PM
What does your avatar mean? Are we all going to die on Thursday?

fesoferbex
06-10-2013, 10:35 PM

If I type it will be TL;DR, so....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments

torchbearer
06-10-2013, 10:36 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/I9zf1ugA0kgjiiakBPgZYzI4o1_500.jpg

phill4paul
06-10-2013, 10:37 PM

NDA. Never heard a more anti-American acronym in my life.

fesoferbex
06-10-2013, 10:40 PM
NDA. Never heard a more anti-American acronym in my life.

ugh...I KNOW *puke* But I didn't know then what I know now.

But breaking NDA would unfortunately remove me from your midst prematurely I think :\

green73
06-10-2013, 10:50 PM
613 commandments. I've been trying to simplify my life. This may be the ticket.

phill4paul
06-10-2013, 10:58 PM
ugh...I KNOW *puke* But I didn't know then what I know now.

But breaking NDA would unfortunately remove me from your midst prematurely I think :\

You mean that the government might render you like they might Snowden? He's not even a Marine. But then again we don't know what you "have." If you have something on the government that breaks NDA then perhaps you should rethink your position. This is the time for truth to be told. It's time to expose the "Empire of lies."

green73
06-10-2013, 11:00 PM
direct all leaks here:

glenn.greenwald@guardiannews.com

fesoferbex
06-10-2013, 11:03 PM
You mean that the government might render you like they might Snowden? He's not even a Marine. But then again we don't know what you "have." If you have something on the government that breaks NDA then perhaps you should rethink your position. This is the time for truth to be told. It's time to expose the "Empire of lies."

The simple version is this, what I was trained to do was to use a weapon, and Snowden is basically implying that weapon is targeting U.S. Citizens. The principal alone is deadly wrong. And that's the truth, Intelligence gathering is a weapon. I know it was when I did it. Thankfully I was never put into a position where I had to weigh principal and mission like Snowden. And that's why I was inspired by him.

I could've been a contractor too, but even those huge sums of money they kept waving at me... I just couldn't. I can't, I won't. They can keep their filthy money.

newbitech
06-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Don't be surprised if a few more eyebrows get raised at you openly around here. I am sure you are already flagged by more than one intelligence group. And by intelligence group, I am not necessarily speaking of your employer or those your employer may work for.

Debbie Downer
06-10-2013, 11:09 PM
direct all leaks here:

glenn.greenwald@guardiannews.com

And here: jebbysanderson@gmail.com

Barrex
06-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Get of my planet. I took dibs on Mars. No need to apologize. You didnt know.

Warlord
06-11-2013, 01:38 AM
If you wish to die for Allah Warlord might be able to find you a job

fesoferbex
06-11-2013, 09:52 AM
I took dibs on Mars.

Fax me the deed, then I know if I'll be defending my claim or buying you out! XD

jllundqu
06-11-2013, 09:55 AM
I was 4+ active army with 2 tours in Iraq. I also dabble in the Intel world ;) Welcome and dive in!

TheTexan
06-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Get of my planet. I took dibs on Mars. No need to apologize. You didnt know.

Lol your country just joined the EU. Insert big "HA HA" image here

Nirvikalpa
06-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Welcome to the forum! It does not matter when you joined, just that you're here now. :)

Czolgosz
06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
The new guy is a troll and or COINTELPRO.

Just getting that out of the way.

Whalecum to the forums.

fesoferbex
06-11-2013, 11:42 AM
The new guy is a troll and or COINTELPRO.

rules forbid use of the word troll, lol XD (yes I read them!)

Whalecum to the forums.

So much whalecum from you guys, whatever will I do with it? I shall repopulate the oceans after the humens r awl ded.

Barrex
06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Fax me the deed, then I know if I'll be defending my claim or buying you out! XD
Rofl deed...rofl... Just read your social contract. It is under article "Š". We had convention and all when we passed it...

Lol your country just joined the EU. Insert big "HA HA" image here

You obviously wasnt home-schooled and didnt hear of Trojan horse evil brother...Croatian horse.

fesoferbex
06-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Rofl deed...rofl... Just read your social contract. It is under article "Š". We had convention and all when we passed it...

Well that's what I get for being late to the liberty party I guess D:

Either way, you'll totally want me there, I'm a bit of an ass, I'm pretty smart, and I'm definitely a smart ass.

Lucille
06-11-2013, 01:54 PM

That is why we need something like this:

A Whistleblower Protection Program
http://georgedonnelly.com/agorism/whistleblower-protection-program

We need to support whistleblowers like Snowden. As any Austrian economist will tell you, when you subsidize something you get more of it. And that is what we need to do. We need to subsidize whistleblowing by shepherding whistleblowers to safety and a new life somewhere outside the empire’s reach.

[...]a 21st century underground railroad.

anaconda
06-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Welcome, fesoferbex!

amy31416
06-11-2013, 03:09 PM

Really?

So, um. WHAT GIVES?

Who is this alleged asshole of whom you speak? I shall welcome you by CRUSHING him! CRUSH!

(Seriously though, welcome.)

pacelli
06-11-2013, 04:58 PM
thank you for sitting on your a$$ while joining and posting on the forum. welcome :)

Debbie Downer
06-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Who is this alleged asshole of whom you speak? I shall welcome you by CRUSHING him! CRUSH!

(Seriously though, welcome.)

Crushing him between your arms? Isn't that called a hug? So Amy likes hugz? I always knew it.

Luciconsort
06-11-2013, 06:04 PM
this place is full of some of the best ppl you'll have the chance to meet, and also some of the biggest asshats... Welcome!!

georgiaboy
06-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Buck up, Marine. This is the Internetz. Not for the faint of heart. :p

Welcome to the best forum online. Guaranteed that every word you type is read by at least a hundred spies.

fesoferbex
06-11-2013, 06:43 PM
If the "asshole" says welcome in this thread I'll /hug the piss out of him, LOL XD

btw how the heck did this "Hai I'm a dumbass newb" thread reach 6 pages!?

pacelli
06-11-2013, 06:50 PM
613 commandments. I've been trying to simplify my life. This may be the ticket.

Start listening to George Gordon! Archives available at georgegordon.org.

Not sure if he is still broadcasting but he has many broadcasts/podcasts on that subject matter.

torchbearer
06-11-2013, 06:56 PM
If the "asshole" says welcome in this thread I'll /hug the piss out of him, LOL XD

page 2 for me.

amy31416
06-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Crushing him between your arms? Isn't that called a hug? So Amy likes hugz? I always knew it.

I am a very selective hugger. I also do not have enough arm strength to crush most people, I'd use a vise.

matt0611
06-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Looks like you took red pill...congrats :) and welcome.

Debbie Downer
06-11-2013, 10:40 PM
I am a very selective hugger. I also do not have enough arm strength to crush most people, I'd use a vise.

Its good you're a selective bigger instead if a hugzslut like a certain forum member.

Carson
06-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the message boards fesoferbex.

KingRobbStark
06-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Its good you're a selective bigger instead if a hugzslut like a certain forum member.

I hope you're not referring to me. Besides hugzslut has a negative connotation. I like to think of myself as the Main Squeeze.

devil21
06-12-2013, 03:31 AM
this place is full of some of the best ppl you'll have the chance to meet, and also some of the biggest asshats... Welcome!!

Some are us are both.

Welcome.

Mods, wrong subforum. Please move thread.

See? :)

kathy88
06-12-2013, 05:18 AM

Greetings from tin foil hat land. In your settings you can adjust to see more threads per page thus making forum maneuvering easier.

fesoferbex
06-12-2013, 09:21 PM
I think now that I'm more familiar with the rules this thread should be moved!

OR ALTERNATIVELY, I could introduce a grassroots level project, amirite? XD

Newguy /waits 7 pages to introduce a project... HUR!!! XD

opal
06-12-2013, 10:58 PM
<--- late to the welcome party again

*uploads welcome basket of muffins, eye wipes for those long nights when ya can't stop reading threads, big roll of paper towels for the keyboard mishaps with beverages and a nice piece of fudge*

speciallyblend
06-13-2013, 05:59 AM

Really?

So, um. WHAT GIVES?

a few words to explain these pathetic folks, hindsight, monday morning quarterbacks. In other words these are the same folks that love to judge folks and type on the internets.
If i had a pic meme that i could use it would be of a persons ass with glasses over their butt. http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-658-8&va=hindsight+meme

(http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-658-8&va=hindsight+meme)

kathy88
06-13-2013, 06:11 AM
<--- late to the welcome party again

*uploads welcome basket of muffins, eye wipes for those long nights when ya can't stop reading threads, big roll of paper towels for the keyboard mishaps with beverages and a nice piece of fudge*

I never got fudge.

tod evans
06-13-2013, 06:25 AM
I never got fudge.

Fudge-packer moved to Washington..

opal
06-13-2013, 08:01 AM
I never got fudge.

I think you were here before me.. that late to the party thing

torchbearer
06-13-2013, 03:10 PM
I never got fudge.

no need to get fudged by the forum when the government is fudging you enough already.

fesoferbex
06-14-2013, 07:55 PM
a few words to explain these pathetic folks, hindsight, monday morning quarterbacks. In other words these are the same folks that love to judge folks and type on the internets.
If i had a pic meme that i could use it would be of a persons ass with glasses over their butt. http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-658-8&va=hindsight+meme

(http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-658-8&va=hindsight+meme)

<3