for your question.

Justin Mckay
Ron Paul volunteer"

jrich4rpaul
11-26-2007, 02:23 PM
bump, figured this would be of interest after the huge thread about it today

curtisag
11-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Ron Paul has never been offered a full hour on a major radio or TV show. They need to cancel other commitments to allow time for this. It's critical to reach out to some of these neo-cons that may be wavering in their support of Iraq.

American
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for this, I honestly disagree about going on the Beck show but thats just my opinion. I know swimming with sharks is necessary

Taco John
11-26-2007, 02:26 PM
I hope they stay off of Beck after he implied that we're all terrorists.

Ron Paul Fan
11-26-2007, 02:28 PM
I hope they go on Beck after he implied that we're all terrorists.

jrich4rpaul
11-26-2007, 02:32 PM
I said the same thing to the campaign:

People learning about Paul via interview is MUCH better than only knowing what they hear out of Glenn's mouth. He'll actually be there to respond to accusations.

Midnight77
11-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm not so sure it's "scheduling difficulties" anymore. I've heard that tired line for a couple months now from the campaign and I think there's more to it.

paulitics
11-26-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm not so sure it's "scheduling difficulties" anymore. I've heard that tired line for a couple months now from the campaign and I think there's more to it.

Yep. "Scheduling difficulties" has been a chronic problem with Beck. I think what Glenn implied as deplorable, and all the more reason he needs to go on there to defend himself and supporters.

kill the banks
11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
john q neocon will listen to things like this :
http://www.youtube.com/v/XaxdUPNYj2s&rel=1

hit them in the wallet
important to get message to the brainwashed & the sleeping sheep

kill the banks

Wyle
11-26-2007, 02:49 PM
fwiw Beck was on coast 2 coast am the other night .. fri I think... and he back tracked on what he said... said something on the lines that he did not think all ron paul supporters were terrorist but said some of them are very radical and act like it.. something or other... I dont remember everything but sounded more like he liked ron paul... was lil weird lol

paulitics
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=Wyle;468673]fwiw Beck was on coast 2 coast am the other night .. fri I think... and he back tracked on what he said... said something on the lines that he did not think all ron paul supporters were terrorist but said some of them are very radical and act like it.. QUOTE]

this is the same thing he says about muslims, and you know where that line of thinking goes. He's soft selling it. He is never going to say all RP are terrorists, but he is implying that some are dangerous, just like some muslims are.

Ann Kobialka
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
scheduling difficulties = they are having difficulties getting Dr paul scheduled on any shows at all. Huck is on everything, Thompson on the sunday shows 2 weekends in a row, Mccain, Rommney constantly getting interviewed. Where is the Ron Paul campaign on all of this? He is not on anything?? I think they are really dropping the ball here Ann

schmeisser
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
scheduling difficulties = they are having difficulties getting Dr paul scheduled on any shows at all. Huck is on everything, Thompson on the sunday shows 2 weekends in a row, Mccain, Rommney constantly getting interviewed. Where is the Ron Paul campaign on all of this? He is not on anything?? I think they are really dropping the ball here Ann

I have been biting my tongue about the offical campaign, but I am starting to wonder if it was originally set up just as a message campaign without hope of winning? Now that there is a real chance for a win, I'd like to see them get some help from one or more seasoned campaign pros. Maybe they are doing something and we just can't see it, but I am starting to believe some of the MSM blackout is through poor execution.

I hope things turn around quickly.

Lord Xar
11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
scheduling? hmmmm.. not sure how busy Ron Paul is to field a one-hour phone interview or satellite feed interview.

To me, if you are taking an hour for lunch - you can forego lunch that day and reach millions of people. imho.

I know of other "radio" interviews that HQ has not responded to. For instance, what is Ron doing today? What is he doing tomorrow? If he is isn't promoting and doing interviews/television all day, then there is not scheduling conflict.

Ron Paul's PR group stinks.

LibertyEagle
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
scheduling? hmmmm.. not sure how busy Ron Paul is to field a one-hour phone interview or satellite feed interview.

To me, if you are taking an hour for lunch - you can forego lunch that day and reach millions of people. imho.

I know of other "radio" interviews that HQ has not responded to. For instance, what is Ron doing today? What is he doing tomorrow? If he is isn't promoting and doing interviews/television all day, then there is not scheduling conflict.

Ron Paul's PR group stinks.

Except for THIS interview, Ron should be there on set. I hope he does it and soon.

I agree with you on all the rest. Absolutely agree.

azminuteman
11-26-2007, 03:42 PM
10 minutes on Jay Leno has a far better reach than a full hour on Glenn Beck.

Viewers of Glenn Beck are part of Becks choir - not really people that would switch their mind.
Paul can do better showing face time in local districts and coupled with local support and sign waving with some local news coverage. That exposure has ha higher probability of converting some on-the-fence people.

4ronpaulinfo
11-26-2007, 04:06 PM
I hope they stay off of Beck after he implied that we're all terrorists.

I disagree. While I don't agree with the recent comments of Glenn Beck I don't think that all of his viewers or those that watch the show on occasion agree with him. I think it would be great to be invited to his show. Let's not make enemies, let's make friends. Even if others attacked us initially. Between no road and the high road, I prefer to choose the latter.

Lord Xar
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
10 minutes on Jay Leno has a far better reach than a full hour on Glenn Beck.

Viewers of Glenn Beck are part of Becks choir - not really people that would switch their mind.
Paul can do better showing face time in local districts and coupled with local support and sign waving with some local news coverage. That exposure has ha higher probability of converting some on-the-fence people.

Not to get on you, but how does Leno apply to Glen Beck. You do not have to choose one over the other, you can do both. Millions of ears, in my book, is a MUCH better gambit that doing a local news reporter that reaches 5k people.

Lets all agree that to appear on glenn beck for a FULL HOUR will generate a HUGE number of supporters, but also reach a HUGE crowd, that is not currently partial to Ron Paul. An appearence on that show would easily rank in the top 3 in terms of viewership Ron has ever done.

Scheduling conflict? ok.

I guess we'll just get him on Alex Jones again, for the 10th time.

BillyDkid
11-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks for this, I honestly disagree about going on the Beck show but thats just my opinion. I know swimming with sharks is necessaryYes, I really don't trust Glen Beck. His purpose can only be to discredit Dr. Paul.

azminuteman
11-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Glenn Beck has under 500,000 viewers, something like close to 300,000.
A programming subscription with CNN is required to see his program.
Jay Leno has an average of 5,000,000 viewers.

There is talk of Dr. Paul getting in "The View" which has a viewership of close to 4,000,000.
I would recommend he go there instead of a full hour on Beck.

A local show will connect far better than some guy on a set talking shop somewhere in a studio.
When people see Ron Paul signs everywhere and the local news says something about it, the decision will be made by the viewer to investigate or be receptive from a canvasser.

Ron Paul Fan
11-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Yes, I really don't trust Glen Beck. His purpose can only be to discredit Dr. Paul.

Let's not kid ourselves here, Dr. Paul is a very smart politician and can take care of himself. It's not like it's O'Reilly vs. a 16 year old kid, although the 16 year old kid actually won that battle. If Ron Paul is actually there to defend himself for an entire hour then I know he'll turn it into something good like he always does. If he's not there to defend himself then anything could happen.

Midnight77
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Media coverage is Media coverage. And Paul always triumphs when the Media attempts to smear him. He would do well on Beck. Beck is just mad about the whole deal when Ron went on with Wolf Blitzer and has been at odds with us since. I don't blame him for being ticked with cancelling out at the last minute.

This could be a way to make amends and get some positive media coverage.