PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ben: Question on co-worker influence.

Crystallas
06-10-2013, 05:45 PM
How has your world view influenced those you work with?

I noticed earlier when your name started popping up with Reality Check segments, Tricia Macke used to introduce the segue nonchalant. Then after a while, her facial expressions seemed uncomfortable doing it, as if she wasn't entirely supportive of your reports. In due time, her introductions changed again, where she was very proud to introduce you, and her feedback became very interested in the topics and your presentations. For all I know, some of which could be fatigue and professional courtesy, but the reactions did appear somewhat genuine.
My mind may be playing tricks on me, or her actions were very real in this uphill battle that was going on while you were presenting an alternative angle to the headline news. My question is not exclusive to Tricia's reactions, but could you talk about similar relationships that you have had, and what you were faced with in times of issue-apathy.

Also, if you have any good advise for those of us who face the "uphill battle" of presenting the more liberty-oriented side within our own circles, personal and professional.

VoluntaryAmerican
06-10-2013, 05:48 PM
great question.

Ben Swann
06-13-2013, 07:16 PM
great observation. it was very interesting because in the beginning I would say 90% of my co-workers thought I was nuts. 2 things changed that. 1. consistency in message regardless of which side of the political spectrum I was dealing with. 2. watching the blatant disregard for civil liberties over the past few years. all of a sudden I was hearing almost everyday... "You were right"

carmaphob
06-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Great question! Great answer! Consistency...

green73
06-13-2013, 07:21 PM
great observation. it was very interesting because in the beginning I would say 90% of my co-workers thought I was nuts. 2 things changed that. 1. consistency in message regardless of which side of the political spectrum I was dealing with. 2. watching the blatant disregard for civil liberties over the past few years. all of a sudden I was hearing almost everyday... "You were right"

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ben Swann again...

cajuncocoa
06-13-2013, 07:32 PM
great observation. it was very interesting because in the beginning I would say 90% of my co-workers thought I was nuts. 2 things changed that. 1. consistency in message regardless of which side of the political spectrum I was dealing with. 2. watching the blatant disregard for civil liberties over the past few years. all of a sudden I was hearing almost everyday... "You were right"This gives me hope. If we can wake up people in the media, more people will hear our message.

Crystallas
06-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks Ben! You were right, and so were most of us :D