PDA

View Full Version : Greg Brannon wins NCGOP convention straw poll

supermario21
06-10-2013, 03:10 PM
not a large sample, but a resounding victory nonetheless

NCGOP Convention Straw Poll Results:
38.6% Greg Brannon (Thanks for the support!)
20.7% Thom Tillis
16.8% Other
14.8% Renee Ellmers
4.9% Phil Berger
4.0% Jim Cain

http://bit.ly/14sZvkE

Bastiat's The Law
06-14-2013, 11:00 AM
How did I miss this?!?

Keith and stuff
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Nice!

The link didn't work for me. This did.

Greg Brannon wins straw poll for US Senate at NC GOP Convention
June 10, 2013
http://www.beaufortobserver.net/Articles-NEWS-and-COMMENTARY-c-2013-06-10-267289.112112-Greg-Brannon-wins-straw-poll-for-US-Senate-at-NC-GOP-Convention.html

Conservative U. S. Senate candidate Greg Brannon won a straw poll of delegates to the N. C. Republican Convention in Charlotte last weekend. The poll was conducted by WFXR radio in New York City for the Frank Roche Show.

The results showed Brannon with 39 of votes, with Thom Tillis polling second place with 21. Renee Ellmers was the only other name that received double digits.

The delegates also expressed strong opposition to the Amnesty Immigration bill now pending in Congress with 63% being opposed. The delegates were more evenly divided on the issue of legal immigration with 50% favoring more and 43% favoring less legal immigration.

One hundred percent of those polled opposed raising the debt ceiling above $17 trillion. A similar percentage (90%) opposed a "common core curriculum" in all U. S. schools and 94% opposed government subsidies for solar energy.

TaftFan
06-14-2013, 11:36 AM
You have to be a boring person to like Thom Tillis.

Bastiat's The Law
06-14-2013, 11:41 AM
You have to be a boring person to like Thom Tillis.
Seems like another establishment hack to me.

lib3rtarian
06-14-2013, 12:11 PM
I am a Brannon guy, but I would like to point out that this was no official straw poll, and it's misleading for Brannon to be touting it as one. This straw poll was conducted by Frank Roche, a Keynesian douche bag btw who thinks inflation is great and lost against Steve Royal for the NC State Treasurer position in 2012 GOP primary. Roche had a table at the convention pimping some book he wrote and he was also asking if people wanted to participate in a straw poll he was conducting. I participated in the poll. An official poll is something where all the convention attendees would have voted for vs. this poll which only would have been filled out by the folks visiting Roche's table.