PDA

View Full Version : AP sources: Obama close to OK on arming Syrian rebels

RonPaulFanInGA
06-10-2013, 02:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-sources-us-close-ok-arming-syrian-rebels-225528415.html

EBounding
06-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I thought the president was for gun control? :confused:

supermario21
06-10-2013, 02:45 PM
And I thought Chuck Hagel was more of a non-interventionist than Rand!!! LOL

UWDude
06-10-2013, 02:59 PM
In Vietnam, the US tried to heavily arm the South Vietnamese Army, and gave them a whole bunch of high tech weaponry, when it became clear the United States could no longer keep fighting with its own troops. This became a catastrophe, because the Vietcong and the North Vietnamese Army then launched an offensive, adn was soon capturing tons of advanced american weapory, and turning it against the South Vietnamese.

Same will happen here. It is too late to try to arm the Syrian rebels. They are too politically fractured, and because they are now losing, it will only get worse. (It's easy to show solidarity when winning, it is almost impossible when losing). So any arms sent to the Syrian rebels will most assuredly by and large end up in the hands of Hezbollah, the PKK, and the Syrian army.

Occam's Banana
06-10-2013, 03:08 PM
I thought the president was for gun control? :confused:

He is. What he means by that, though, is that he wants to be in control of all the guns himself ...

06-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Why can't we in this country just agree there is no good side in this war and just let them fight it out? Not our problem.

AngryCanadian
06-10-2013, 04:51 PM
I already posted this with the CNN article.

pcosmar
06-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Why can't we in this country just agree there is no good side in this war and just let them fight it out? Not our problem.

Who is we?

I think that most Americans are sick of this shit. "We" don't have, or get a say in it.