PDA

View Full Version : Snowden's whistle-blower options

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Here are some questions for Ben related to the Snowden's whistle-blowing case:

What options are there for whistle-blowers like Edward Snowden? Could he have contacted a member of Congress and volunteered to testify before Congress? Is going to a "friendly" member of the media the best option? What role should the media play?

Also, what media coverage does a whistleblower get when they go through official channels? Is there a gag order all the way around? Even members of Congress say that can't talk about these things.

talkingpointes
06-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Here are some questions for Ben related to the Snowden's whistle-blowing case:

What options are there for whistle-blowers like Edward Snowden? Could he have contacted a member of Congress and volunteered to testify before Congress? Is going to a "friendly" member of the media the best option? What role should the media play?

Maybe there is nothing he could do which is why he gave his identity. He probably wants us now to watch what they are going to do. I'm just speculating.

I don't think he has any options, they will jail him for the rest of his life and he will never be tried. I think we are at that point.

He mentioned that in the first video BTW. I think it's a good question and would be the meat of the conversation.

Tod
06-10-2013, 02:03 PM
No matter what the various options were, I'm really glad of that video he released because it goes a long way in allowing us to form impressions of him independent of how MSM is going to try to portray him.

Brian4Liberty
06-13-2013, 06:35 PM
OP edited to add "gag rule" aspect.