PDA

View Full Version : Register republican in these states for the primaries!

nathanielyao
06-23-2007, 10:08 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2861/yesvd9.jpg

The above picture thanks to:

http://ronpauldailynews.blogspot.com/2007/06/who-needs-to-register-to-vote-in.html

Wyurm
06-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Thank you very much for posting that. I was having a bit of trouble finding out which states required registering as a republican and which ones just have you choose your party's ballot at the polls.

Bradley in DC
06-23-2007, 10:33 PM
If possible in your state, register Republican even if not required to vote for him in the primary. In some of the states, we'll need registered Republicans to sign ballot petitions, etc.

LastoftheMohicans
06-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Thank you very much for posting that. I was having a bit of trouble finding out which states required registering as a republican and which ones just have you choose your party's ballot at the polls.

Registering Republican is going to be one of the most distasteful things I am ever going to do. I voted Libertarian in 92 and 96. After that I stopped voting completely. I would have voted for RP in 88 but I was a sophomore in college and not very political. But I am still going to do it. Just thinking about it makes me want to take a shower. I feel the same way about the Dems. but there's nobody in that party worth voting for.

DXDoug
06-23-2007, 11:06 PM
I Hope enough people in those states register republican. Also good picture shows what states we really need to work on not that we dont need to work on them all, just seems it would be easier in ones you dont have to be registered to connect with everyone.

NoxTwilight
06-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I have voted Democrat my whole life. Never have I ever considered voting Republican before, for good reason I am sure most would agree.

Older and wiser, I now realize that the party matters not, there is in fact little difference between the big 2, it's the person(s) that matter.

After watching Aaron Russo's America: Freedom to Fascism, I was very very angry, frightened and had little hope. This introduction to Ron sparked my interest. A congressman speaking from the heart, with calm and unwavering truth, gave me a spark of hope. He had survived for 10 terms!!!!

When I heard he was running I was overjoyed and became more hopeful. Now seeing how the young people of our country are flocking to his campaign makes me very excited.

I am now a registered Republican and if he doesn't get the nomination, I will write him in!!!!

BlueDacnis
06-24-2007, 05:42 AM
As dirty as it feels for me to be changing my party affiliation from Libertarian to Republican, it's what needs to be done. I still have very little clue how to do about voting in the primaries and how it works, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out a bit more in the coming months!

mikelovesgod
06-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Do they even count write-ins or do they just put them to the side in case things get close? I really don't think they even count them really.

walt
06-24-2007, 06:38 AM
That is so antiquated. It needs to be changed in every state - the dogma of these outdated brands must pass!

NoxTwilight
06-24-2007, 01:59 PM
mikelovesgod:

I really don't know but I do plan on researching this for my state so that if I do have to do it I follow whatever "rules" they might have regarding it.

I will state that the "trust" I have about our elections is in the crapper and I have not yet heard anything to give me even a little bit of trust that who we all actually vote for WILL be allowed to win.

Is that over reacting?

walt:

I agree completely and it make me very angry. Especially since the only reason changing it was not done in my state was so that those politicians in power did not loose their seats. I hope it comes up on the ballot as I think it is possible that our state will change it. People are getting tired of the whole politican machine.

brumans
06-24-2007, 04:56 PM
How/where does one register republican in their state to vote in the primaries?

angrydragon
06-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Goto a search engine. Type in your state and the word vote. The first link or two should take you where you can get the voting info. for your state. Or goto the DMV and pick up a voting application.

Swmorgan77
06-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm in Utah, and I'm heading the election's clerk's office tomorrow to square everything away. Supposedly a same-day affiliation can be done for the primaries, but I don't want to take any chances.

I recommend everyone take the steps right away that they need to to make sure they will be able to vote in their primaries.

LibertyCzar
06-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm a little surprised that with our current governor, California doesn't permit independents to vote. I thought he wanted a moderate Republican Party.

angrydragon
06-24-2007, 05:18 PM
He become what he calls "girly men" when he caved into special interests.

nathanielyao
09-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi all,

I finally registered as a Republican to vote for Ron Paul! There is a deadline in some states to register in a party in order to be eligible to vote in the primaries so we have little time to lose (most is before the previous election cycle, so that will be 11/6/07). Get out there and register soon!

BillyDkid
09-06-2007, 12:15 PM
As dirty as it feels for me to be changing my party affiliation from Libertarian to Republican, it's what needs to be done. I still have very little clue how to do about voting in the primaries and how it works, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out a bit more in the coming months!I feel the same way. I will become a Republican for this election cycle and then become a Libertarian again.

Oddball
09-06-2007, 12:49 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2861/yesvd9.jpg

The above picture thanks to:

http://ronpauldailynews.blogspot.com/2007/06/who-needs-to-register-to-vote-in.html

I'm pretty sure that Colorado is an open primary state, where you can be a registered indepndent and declare which ballot you want on primary day.

If I were anyone reading this, I'd be certain to check into whether yours is a "closed" or "open" primary state -and advise your friends to do the same- wherever it is that you register to vote, just to be certain.

Lord Xar
09-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Listen, my mother -- a HUGE DEMOCRATE is going to swith to Republican for the Primaries so she can vote for Ron Paul.

so, don't fret.. its just a label. WE NEED TO START PUSHING THIS HARD.

Spirit of '76
09-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Important info about WV here:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16212

nayjevin
09-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Registering Republican is going to be one of the most distasteful things I am ever going to do.

it seems to me that if it bothers you to register as a republican, then you are admitting that the label means something. for a long time i have felt that it's just republicrats, through and through, and that the labels mean nothing.

how does it change a person to register as such and such in order to be able to do so and so? not a bit; i therefore don't understand the repugnance.

Nefertiti
09-06-2007, 02:38 PM
What about the independents? In the open primary states is it possible to vote in the primaries if you are an independent?

Oddball
09-06-2007, 02:54 PM
What about the independents? In the open primary states is it possible to vote in the primaries if you are an independent?

Yes.

When you go to the polls on primary day, you'll be asked which ballot you want and will then be registered in that party.

A few days later, you can go to the registrar's office and change your affiliation back to "independent".