PDA

View Full Version : Public transit employee made $333K last year without working a single day

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Former Calif. public transit employee made $333K last year without working a single day

A former official of the Bay Area Rapid Transit raked in more than $333,000 last year without working a single day after she resigned under pressure in May 2011.

Dorothy Dugger, the BART’s former general manager, quietly stayed on the payroll, burning off nearly 80 weeks of unused vacation time, drawing paychecks and full benefits for more than 19 months after she agreed to quit more than two years ago, San Jose Mercury News reported.

The months of extra pay were in addition to the $920,000 Ms. Dugger was paid to leave after the BART’s board botched an effort to fire her by violating public meetings laws, San Jose Mercury News reported.

“Wow,” said James Fang, who tried to oust Ms. Dugger. “She was still on the payroll? I did not know this. It’s startling.”
More:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/10/former-calif-public-transit-employee-made-333k-las/

youngbuck
06-10-2013, 12:40 PM
This crap runs rampant in CA, and I'm sure other states are competing with them too. No wonder CA is, quite literally, a failed state.

talkingpointes
06-10-2013, 12:45 PM
“It was time [off] I earned my whole career at BART,” she said, adding, “I think BART’s track record on fiscal management is quite solid.”

Well if you earned it why even bother having to tell people that? Why not just ignore it all and pretend it didn't happen. But I bet her conscience is eating at her when you add the second sentence in.

She doesn't feel guilty because they have the money, they can afford it....

Government and union workers have the weirdest worldviews.

kcchiefs6465
06-10-2013, 12:45 PM
And she didn't even have to shoot anyone in the back...

Debbie Downer
06-10-2013, 01:15 PM
California...shouldn't surprise anyone here.

aGameOfThrones
06-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Is Cali entirely fuckedup, or are there a few pockets of resistance?

Occam's Banana
06-10-2013, 01:41 PM
And the band plays on ...

dannno
06-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Not sure about the $920k payoff to quit, but if she had 80 weeks of vacation time racked up, I would have tried to use that as well. In fact most of the time if you have a bunch of vacation racked up they just pay it all right there.