PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh praises Edward Snowden

ObiRandKenobi
06-10-2013, 10:40 AM
"Profoundly articulate, extremely thoughtful"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIb44GggGI0

Cont'd: The real danger is Obama, not whistleblowers like Snowden...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr1X4yc1YsY

Cont'd: "Undecided" about Snowden prosecution. Would normally oppose leaks but institutions can be corrupted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLY9kzhyuB0

h/t MP (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/06/10/rush-limbaugh-praises-edward-snowden-profoundly-articulate-extremely-thoughtful/)

One Man Wolf Pack
06-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Who listens to Limbaugh anymore??? I thought he got thrown out with the bathwater long ago...

thoughtomator
06-10-2013, 11:11 AM
If Rush is on the right side of this, that's great. There are a lot of dumbasses on the right who are viewing Snowden as a traitor right now.

ghengis86
06-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I'm not a Rush fan in the least but he dies reach millions on his show and most are like the old guys I know who parrot him verbatim. So this is good, but I'll wait to see if he pulls a 180. I think he's smelling blood in the water and cashing in.

Time will tell

AuH20
06-10-2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/edward-snowden-nsa-leak-michael-moore-glenn-beck-92476.html

Origanalist
06-10-2013, 11:19 AM
As long as he thinks it will hurt the "other Team", I think that's all that really matters to him.

enhanced_deficit
06-10-2013, 11:21 AM
This is pretty significant.

Another 8 years of Obama rule will fix the whole GOP.

Keith and stuff
06-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Who listens to Limbaugh anymore??? I thought he got thrown out with the bathwater long ago...
? He is still by far the most listened to talk radio host. People of this forum might be more likely to listen to Mike Church or Free Talk Live but 10s of millions of folks hear Rush from time to time.

Carlybee
06-10-2013, 11:26 AM
If a Repub was POTUS he would be calling for snowdens head on a stick

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2013, 11:30 AM
There are a lot of dumbasses on the right who are viewing Snowden as a traitor right now.

Erikson, for example.

jmdrake
06-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Broken clock right twice a day....Hey, I'm glad El-Rushbo is on the right side of this. Maybe his "dittoheads" will start rethinking their support for the unPatriot Act in general.

Czolgosz
06-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Rush promotes the RvD paradigm because it lines his owner's pockets.

NewRightLibertarian
06-10-2013, 11:37 AM
If Rush is on the right side of this, that's great. There are a lot of dumbasses on the right who are viewing Snowden as a traitor right now.

It shows that the liberty movement and tea party movement are driving the narrative in the conservative movement. Good news, Kristol and co. are on the way out.

cajuncocoa
06-10-2013, 11:38 AM
In b4 someone says Rush is starting to get it.

Czolgosz
06-10-2013, 11:39 AM
In b4 someone says Rush is starting to get it.

:D

Warlord
Sadly if it was the guy he admitted carrying water for in office he'd be demanding he be assassinated

Cowlesy
? He is still by far the most listened to talk radio host. People of this forum might be more likely to listen to Mike Church or Free Talk Live but 10s of millions of folks hear Rush from time to time.

I hate to say it but you're right.

Retail republicans need shepherded on this issue. It's good seems like he's on the right side of Liberty.

CaptUSA
06-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Rush is the anchorbolt around which the wingnuts tighten themselves. If he's coming out in favor of Snowden, it's a good thing. It means that Snowden will receive much more support than he would otherwise.

I am cautiously watching this, though, because Rush may pull the carpet out at any moment.

ravedown
06-10-2013, 11:43 AM
his callers have been interesting- this is quite the polarizing issue for his usual neocon listeners. most in favor of the snowden info. limbaugh said he's on the fence regarding this. ha. doesn't go on principles- waiting for his orders is guess.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Stay away Rush, we dont want your support.

Warlord
06-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Wonder what Shamity will say : surely this puts him in a tough spot!

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Wonder what Shamity will say : surely this puts him in a tough spot!

It will be interesting. He could go either way. Hopefully he doesn't tag along with Erikson.

Warlord
06-10-2013, 12:28 PM
It will be interesting. He could go either way. Hopefully he doesn't tag along with Erikson.

*plugs in earphones*

Now ready to go behind enemy lines.

heavenlyboy34
06-10-2013, 12:32 PM
This is pretty significant.

Another 8 years of Obama rule will fix the whole GOP.
lolz :D

But the owners of the parties will not care.

Warlord
06-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Rand is on Sean's show... he's also interviewing the author of the PATRIOT act who thinks its an overreach so it looks like he's not in full neocon mode but he didn't sound happy about it.

krugminator
06-10-2013, 01:11 PM
I think Rush is spot on. I'm on Snowden's side morally, but if he broke the law, he obviously needs to be prosecuted.

Warlord
06-10-2013, 01:14 PM
I think Rush is spot on. I'm on Snowden's side morally, but if he broke the law, he obviously needs to be prosecuted.

The laws are written by a corrupt congress and are pathetic.

It's THEM breaking the law: The Fourth Amendment.

If Snowden should be prosecuted so should every congressman and senator voting for that trash.

talkingpointes
06-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I don't care how many listeners he has. For the same reason I don't care how fast justin bieber can sell out an arena. Which isn't a reflection of talent or skill. Sure if you like to think about those things fine. But you can listen to 2 minutes his show too know his audience isn't there to learn. They don't learn, they don't care, and mostly they don't care to learn.

There is no fixing stupid. Rush just speaks the most common denominator. He just speaks dumb. Sorry it's the same as Madcow.

Edit: I have worked on a many jobsites where the lowest of the low listens to this guy and it's so pathetic when they come up to you to parrot something they just heard. It almost made me want to give them that last meth hit so I never have to hear that shit again.

Zarn Solen
06-10-2013, 01:22 PM

The US Constitution is above all laws. If someone or an organization is in breach of the US Constitution, it needs to come forward. It's basic civic duty.

Occam's Banana
06-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Rush Limbaugh is a blowhard and a hack. His tongue is so far down the establishment's ass that he could lick its lips for it.

But regardless of his motives - or of whether he would be saying such things if "Team Red" were ringmasters of the executive circus - if his "defense" of Snowden (such as it is) does even the tiniest iota to firm up support for Snowden (or even just blunt the assault on him), then it will have earned Limbaugh a spot in the 7th or 8th ring of Hell, rather than the 9th ...

Which I guess is my way of saying, "Thank you, El Rushbo!" Not because I give a shit about Rush Limbaugh (I don't) - but because I *DO* give a shit about Edward Snowden.

green73
06-10-2013, 01:37 PM
"Glenn Greenwald is about as far left as a journalist can be. That's a red flag for me."

talkingpointes
06-10-2013, 01:40 PM
"Glenn Greenwald is about as far left as a journalist can be. That's a red flag for me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxKd5lpZwLY