PDA

View Full Version : U.S. gives Afghan Army more than $1 billion in bullets

green73
06-10-2013, 10:40 AM
The U.S. government has given the embattled Afghan National Army (ANA) more than $1 billion in taxpayer-funded ammunition, according to the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction’s (SIGAR) latest oversight report.

This is in addition to $288 million that has been spent on ammunition for the troubled Afghan National Police (ANP), which has been cited by SIGAR for its widespread corruption.

The United States has spent more than $54 billion in total to arm, train, and sustain Afghanistan’s security forces, which continue to underperform and suffer low enlistment rates, according to SIGAR’s quarterly progress reports.

It is unclear just how much ammunition the $1.03 billion translates to and just how much of this ammo has been used.

In addition to the billion-dollar ammo purchase, the United States has spent more than $878 million on weapons for the ANA and another $5.6 billion on military vehicles.

However, a large amount of this money has been wasted on vehicles that either do not work or that have been destroyed beyond repair, according to SIGAR.

cont
http://freebeacon.com/a-billion-bucks-in-bullets/

One Man Wolf Pack
06-10-2013, 10:44 AM
And they wonder why the shelves are empty here...

Debbie Downer
06-10-2013, 10:46 AM
So...how can I join the afghan army? I haven't been able to shoot in a couple months.

HOLLYWOOD
06-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Meanwhile in the US... People are Hungry, the poor get poorer, Vets committing suicides daily, Vets homeless, record amount of American households now on Foodstamps: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/09/record-23116441-households-on-food-stamps/23,116,441
Yet these Capital Hill sociopaths continue to funnel $100s of billions to the Military Industrial Complex, Global Terror on the World, and of course all their Campaign donors.

oyarde
06-10-2013, 10:53 AM
So...how can I join the afghan army? I haven't been able to shoot in a couple months.

Maybe we could get WarLord to sign up and send us some ammo :)

oyarde
06-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Meanwhile in the US... People are Hungry, the poor get poorer, Vets committing suicides daily, Vets homeless, record amount of American households now on Foodstamps: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/09/record-23116441-households-on-food-stamps/23,116,441
Yet these Capital Hill sociopaths continue to funnel $100s of billions to the Military Industrial Complex, Global Terror on the World, and of course all their Campaign donors.

Nice summary.

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Outrageous! What a waste of money.

Restricting ammo for Americans, giving it away to a foreign country where no one knows where the ammo will end up, and billing US taxpayers in the process.

Pericles
06-10-2013, 11:05 AM
It does not say, but that has to be over the 10+ years because that number is over 4 times the US Army's small arms ammunition budget for this year.

oyarde
06-10-2013, 11:45 AM
It does not say, but that has to be over the 10+ years because that number is over 4 times the US Army's small arms ammunition budget for this year.

Yeah , I wonder if some of it is slated for future delivery ?

enhanced_deficit
06-10-2013, 11:48 AM
For giving bombs and bullets, our purses fly open. Fake dubious conservatives.

One 100th of yje $800 Billion spent on Afghan war violence & occupation if spent wisely would have turned that place into an economic bonanza and ended insurgency. Idiots are leading the idiots.