PDA

View Full Version : Possible major impact on Ron Paul's Campaign

Vernon
11-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know how to get in touch with the guys that run the Tea Party Website? My idea could have a huge impact on what happens! This is what I'm trying to get to the makers of the website. I actually sent this and got the idea to the Ron Paul 2008 campaign Headquarters, but they told me they couldn't do what I was asking them to do. Can anyone help?! The email I sent to several places now is as follows:

Hi!

My name is Vernon. I am an active duty soldier that has an idea for the Tea Party that could possibly have a major impact on what Ron Paul receives in the form of donations.
The other day when Glen Beck pretty much called all Ron Paul supporters terrorists I got very upset. I was upset simply because I have given over half of my life defending this great nation and still am only to be labeled a terrorist simply for supporting Ron Paul. I made a video about it and directed it toward Glen Beck. I told Mr. Beck that he did nothing more than slap me, my service, and others like me in the face by calling us terrorists for supporting Dr. Paul. I told Mr. Beck that due to his calling me a terrorist, I was going to double my campaign contribution and then asked him how he liked that. I told him I was going to call it the Beck Effect. Since then many others on You Tube have joined me in doubling their contribution.
If you guys would add a box that allowed for someone to say that they were donating X amount of money simply for Mr. Beck calling us all terrorists, then Dr. Paul could go on Mr. Beck's show and thank him for supporting his campaign. When Mr. Beck asked how, he could inform him of the Beck Effect and we raised X amount of money simply due to calling his supporters terrorists. He then could inform him that the idea came from an Active Duty soldier that has given over 20 years of his life to the defense of this country.
I don't know what kind of effect it would have, but I know that it would help Dr. Paul's campaign out immensely. Please consider what I have said and give me a call at (XXX) XXX-XXXX. The link to my video on You Tube is as follows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMsgKeAtGkI
One thing though, I am an active duty soldier which means that I can not solicit campaign contributions. However, I can set the example and I have my whole career. I will not falter in defense to this nation, but can not allow my rights to be trampled either. If you want to put my video on the Tea Party Website feel free to do so. I look forward to your reply and the look on Glen Beck's face when Dr. Paul informs him of what has taken place due to his big mouth!

Sincerely,
Vernon X. XXXXX

McDermit
11-26-2007, 01:52 PM
when donating, use BECK as your code. there won't be a visible tally on our end, but HQ will be able to add up all the numbers.

bbachtung
11-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks for your service Vernon. Welcome to the forums. Since you are active-duty, you may want to remove your last name from your post to avoid any potential trouble. I like the idea of a Beck donor code.

ItsTime
11-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Thank you Vernon this is a good idea. Ill spread the word the best I can.

ps. does anyone know if the campaign need to plug in the code "beck" or is recorded anyway?

voytechs
11-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Excellent idea Vernon. Thanks for being here and thanks for protecting our freedoms. 20 years, WOW!!

robertwerden
11-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Amen.

austin356
11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Lets get a project code. Its quite simple actually.

Vernon
11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the last name in my thread!

ItsTime
11-26-2007, 02:56 PM
If you know how please do. "beck" is the code right?

I wish this was in the grassroots section.

Lets get a project code. Its quite simple actually.