PDA

View Full Version : IRS case solved?

AlexAmore
06-10-2013, 06:55 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Internal Revenue Service manager, who described himself as a conservative Republican, told congressional investigators that he and a local colleague decided to give conservative groups the extra scrutiny that has prompted weeks of political controversy.

http://news.yahoo.com/democrat-irs-testimony-shows-no-white-house-involvement-162842119.html

I smell BS. Why plead the 5th? I think someone got paid off.

phill4paul
06-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Every IRS employee knows which side their toast is buttered on. They all want to put the scandal behind them and get on to business as usual.

Neil Desmond
06-10-2013, 07:17 AM
It could be that this is the explanation, but I don't think that this means that they should just drop everything and go home as Cummings seems to desire; that seems like a politically driven desire. This situation ought to be thoroughly and objectively explored and investigated, and they should simply let the chips fall where they may.

I think the IRS should be abolished, regardless of this scandal or controversy, because the tax code (laws, rules, whatever) are ridiculous. I'm not necessarily opposed to taxes & especially if it's voluntary (which is the only way I consider it acceptable), but if the paperwork is anything more than a post card or more than one page long on an 8.5" by 11" sheet of paper, then I'm opposed to that complexity. Just make taxes a flat 10% - move the decimal point over one digit to the left of what your income is, and that's all you need to do to determine the tax amount (no more "math" skills beyond that would be necessary).

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Might as well dispense of other scandals while convenient. They usually have to manufacture something new.