PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones: No.1 Most Watched/Listened on the BBC

Pistis
06-10-2013, 06:46 AM
I was in line at my local store in the UK this morning and the couple a few places down the line were talking about the 'crazy guy' on the BBC but surprisingly not in any particularly negative way -- they were talking about how rude the host was telling him to shut up & how passionate he was about his information. I never hear this kind of talk in my area, ever. I definitely thought they would be looking up infowars if they hadn't already.

Then I went on the BBC during lunch and noticed he was No.1 in Most Watched/Listened. This is also never happens because the slot is normally dominated by the latest on Pop Idol and celeb gossip. That means conservatively, 20 million people are going to listen to that interview this week and many tens of millions more in the weeks ahead.

Say what you will about Alex, he is making waves! Personally, I thought the interview was on balance, positive. And just like the Morgan interview, the more people watch it, the more they look past Alex's 'brash/trash behavior' and actually check out the information. People react a million times more to emotion than logic, and Alex understands that perfectly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832994

http://s24.postimg.org/w1ubtx8id/alex_jones_bbc.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Neil Desmond
06-10-2013, 06:53 AM
The question is, though, who do those waves benefit and who do they harm? Do they harm those who deserve it and have it coming to them, and only them? If so, then good. Otherwise, not good.

donnay
06-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Alex Jones is creating a Tsunami. God Bless his endurance to put these people in their place. The host was an absolute ass.

talkingpointes
06-10-2013, 07:03 AM
LOL The more our base goes to the left for moderation the more society goes to the right in the terms of hating government accross the world.

Look at UKIP they are killing it becuase they are the only ones with integrity left, noone believes the Tories, Labor or BNP. UKIP is all there is left.

Pistis
06-10-2013, 07:27 AM
LOL The more our base goes to the left for moderation the more society goes to the right in the terms of hating government accross the world.

Look at UKIP they are killing it becuase they are the only ones with integrity left, noone believes the Tories, Labor or BNP. UKIP is all there is left.

Agreed. Labour, Tories and Liberal Democrats have lied so often and so blatantly that no one trusts them. The 'right wing' Tories have come into power and are doing the same if not worse than the 'left wing' Labour party they took over from. People are finally beginning to realize that the labels mean zilch!

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-10-2013, 07:31 AM
I don't understand why they put Alex on their shows when he just roasts their asses every time

Pistis
06-10-2013, 07:40 AM
I don't understand why they put Alex on their shows when he just roasts their asses every time

My take is that they're desperate. They know his audience is growing and they're trying to discredit him by bringing him on, making him look like a fool and basically painting everyone who believes like Alex to be the same as Alex -- and to be fair, he does seem to make their job easy for them.

But just like a boomerang, the initial opinion goes against Alex on first viewing of these interviews and then people check out the info -- and you just can't get past the info because it's solid -- so it swings right back in his favour.

erowe1
06-10-2013, 08:51 AM
That means conservatively, 20 million people are going to listen to that interview this week and many tens of millions more in the weeks ahead.

Could you explain how you came up with these numbers?

Anti Federalist
06-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Awesome.

Pistis
06-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Could you explain how you came up with these numbers?

It's half the 40 million unique weekly visits to the BBC website according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_News_Online)

BlackTerrel
06-10-2013, 07:35 PM

Ratings.

My take is that they're desperate. They know his audience is growing and they're trying to discredit him by bringing him on, making him look like a fool and basically painting everyone who believes like Alex to be the same as Alex -- and to be fair, he does seem to make their job easy for them.

But just like a boomerang, the initial opinion goes against Alex on first viewing of these interviews and then people check out the info -- and you just can't get past the info because it's solid -- so it swings right back in his favour.

His audience is pretty small. Even compared to shrinking MSM. On itunes podcast charts today:

#1 NPR
#2 Freakanomics Radio
#19 Adam Carolla
#29 Joel Osteen
#32 Bill Maher
#52 60 Minutes
#99 Mark Levin
#103 is some random dude talking about the TV show game of thrones
#104 Glenn Beck
#115 Alex Jones

He can make a nice living... but it's a niche program for a specific audience.

Warlord
06-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Ratings.

His audience is pretty small. Even compared to shrinking MSM. On itunes podcast charts today:

#1 NPR
#2 Freakanomics Radio
#19 Adam Carolla
#29 Joel Osteen
#32 Bill Maher
#52 60 Minutes
#99 Mark Levin
#103 is some random dude talking about the TV show game of thrones
#104 Glenn Beck
#115 Alex Jones

He can make a nice living... but it's a niche program for a specific audience.

iTunes means nothing.

PSYOP
06-10-2013, 07:39 PM
I like Alex Jones, but I do not think he is harsh enough on Israel.

UWDude
06-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Ratings.

On itunes podcast charts today:

Lol @ itunes podcast charts as audience size reference.

Krzysztof Lesiak
06-10-2013, 07:42 PM
I like Alex a lot, and listen to him pretty much every day, but I think he came off a little bit crazy at the end. Just my impression. I'm still a huge Alex fan.

Krzysztof Lesiak
06-10-2013, 07:43 PM
I like Alex Jones, but I do not think he is harsh enough on Israel.

Amen. 100% in agreement with you. Specifically, the Zionists though.

erowe1
06-10-2013, 08:44 PM
It's half the 40 million unique weekly visits to the BBC website according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_News_Online)

But that's not 40 million different people. And most of those visits are people spending one minute on the website, not watching an interview.

How many saw it on TV?

wetroof
06-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I read an article a while back on AJ and Israel. At least at one point, many of the adverts on his site and radio show for survivalist products were by Israeli companies. so there is that connection.