PDA

View Full Version : Bill Kristol: 'Republicans Are Making A Huge Mistake' by going after NSA scandals.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Bill Kristol: 'Republicans Are Making A Huge Mistake'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/09/bill-kristol-nsa_n_3412822.html

The Huffington Post | By Alana Horowitz Posted: 06/09/2013 7:40 pm EDT

Conservative pundit Bill Kristol said on Sunday that "Republicans are making a huge mistake" if they link the NSA scandal with other recent scandals.

Kristol defended the NSA's surveillance program, which include collecting millions of phone records every day, as necessary for national security.

"National security is different from internal matters of the government," he told Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace. "We’re dealing with foreign threats here."

He continued:

"They’re not allowed to go into that data until they have a warrant signed off on by a judge. That is totally different from the IRS abuses, which I think are very serious, and I think it’s very important for conservatives and Republicans to make that distinction.”

The Weekly Standard editor called the IRS' targeting of Tea Party groups "genuine abuses of government power."

When news broke of the NSA's tactics earlier this week, there was outrage on both sides of the aisle. Republican Senator Rand Paul (Ky.) called the NSA's program "an extraordinary invasion of privacy."

oyarde
06-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Fucking Bullshit , most will not go after and if they did, not a mistake.Period

Sola_Fide
06-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Bill, you will one day have to pay for all the misery you and your ideas have caused innocent people.

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2013, 12:36 AM
The quote below is from a thread about Israeli companies processing data for the NSA. Wonder if good old Bill Kristol has a back door to some of that data?

Savage talked about this the other night... he said "the worst elements of the US government are in cahoots with the worst elements of the Israeli government"

bolil
06-10-2013, 12:37 AM
National security... what about regional security? Local security?

Occam's Banana
06-10-2013, 12:48 AM
If there were even the faintest, tiniest, trace of a shred of doubt about whether this NSA bullshit is flat out wrong and an extremely bad thing, Kristol just obliterated it by opening his mouth in support of it ...

AngryCanadian
06-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Of course Bill Kristol would defend the NSA after all his one of the Elitist whom runs the scripted TV show.

NewRightLibertarian
06-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Bill, you will one day have to pay for all the misery you and your ideas have caused innocent people.

Rand seems like he is savaging people like Kristol and turning less neocon Republicans against people like him. So that day seems like it will be coming soon!

trey4sports
06-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Rand seems like he is savaging people like Kristol and turning less neocon Republicans against people like him. So that day seems like it will be coming soon!

Yeah he is doing a fantastic job at that.case in point, my grandpa

bolil
06-10-2013, 01:28 AM
I think he meant pay in the same currency you stole. That crimson stuff.

pacelli
06-10-2013, 05:13 AM
Dear Bill Kristol,

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

wgadget
06-10-2013, 05:16 AM
Kristol and McCain and Graham are for it.

I'm shocked.

Battle lines. Same as the old battle lines, but in sharper contrast.

Bloomberg radio is now officially calling Snowden a "libertarian" far right kind of guy.

Uriel999
06-10-2013, 06:01 AM
I really wish the NSA would take down kristol, McCain, or graham over some of their crimes. Just saying irony would be great

talkingpointes
06-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Why would they fight something they themselves would like to use? These are not Pauliticians these are politicians. They want power and money, they are not going to mothball and brand new building and all that technology just cause some people complained.

What tyrant would ? Either Obama is a tyrant along with the republicans or they are not. I'm inclined to believe they all except for 2 are tyrants including senators.

If not there is so much to pike onto this they could bury Obama now but they wont. They want to help their poll numbers by keeping him in. The end.

talkingpointes
06-10-2013, 06:08 AM
I really wish the NSA would take down kristol, McCain, or graham over some of their crimes. Just saying irony would be great

Then you would be doing just the same as them. What are you fighting for?

donnay
06-10-2013, 07:17 AM

That could be why they are squirming in their seats and screaming the loudest.

We just need to get our torches and pitch forks ready in defense of the whistleblowers!

robert68
06-10-2013, 07:26 AM
"They’re not allowed to go into that data until they have a warrant signed off on by a judge. ..."

He's amazing.

ItsTime
06-10-2013, 07:29 AM
The more data they collect the less safe we are.

Working Poor
06-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Yyea mccain, graham, and Crystal all have nsa dick up their ass.

CaptUSA
06-10-2013, 08:00 AM
I may be wrong here, but the way it really works is that they have a database on everyone that they can peruse at any time they like. If they think they might want to USE anything they find, they go get a warrant from a FISA court. Of course, FISA has never turned down a warrant request so they are really just a rubber stamp anyway, but at least they can say the number of requests is relatively low.

I'm not sure this will ever be able to be stopped, though. I think we are past that point. It would take a crash of the system (and probably layer after layer of backup systems) to get rid of this data.

Anyone in the grid is monitored. Anyone off the grid is suspicious.

Christian Liberty
06-10-2013, 08:09 AM

Are you holding out hope that we'll be able to set up a libertarian nuremberg trial like Walter Block talks about someday? Or are you simply suggesting that God will judge him?

Does he claim to be a Christian? If he does I cannot absolutely judge that he's not, even though it clearly doesn't look like it.

If you're talking about nuremberg trials, oh how I wish....

wgadget
06-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Are you holding out hope that we'll be able to set up a libertarian nuremberg trial like Walter Block talks about someday? Or are you simply suggesting that God will judge him?

Does he claim to be a Christian? If he does I cannot absolutely judge that he's not, even though it clearly doesn't look like it.

If you're talking about nuremberg trials, oh how I wish....

BOTH would be perfect.

Brian4Liberty
06-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I may be wrong here, but the way it really works is that they have a database on everyone that they can peruse at any time they like. If they think they might want to USE anything they find, they go get a warrant from a FISA court. Of course, FISA has never turned down a warrant request so they are really just a rubber stamp anyway, but at least they can say the number of requests is relatively low.

That seems to be the "official" story that the defenders of the programs put out there. The reality, as demonstrated by the whistle-blower, is that many personnel can peruse all of the data at any time they want. This would be a typical situation. The politicians, planners and managers rarely have knowledge about what really happens at the working levels of their organizations. Their duty is to defend the organization with indignant zeal. To attack all perceived threats. To procure budget. To expand the organization. It's the low level workers who know what really happens.

For example, let's say that some surveillance system was put into place that resulted in cameras being placed in every home. Politicians would defend it as necessary, citing 9-11 in the process. Czars and appointed officials would talk about how great it works, how pure, trustworthy and by the book their organizations are. Technology sub-contractors would talk about how foolproof the systems are, and how there are safeguards. The budgets would be huge.

And at the lowest level, where the rubber hits the road, the number one use of the system would be twenty-something guys spending all day trying to find hot-chicks on the cameras.

Bern
06-10-2013, 11:10 AM
No one fears Bill Kristol's boogeymen when the NSA is their homes raping their privacy.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2013, 11:14 AM
No one fears Bill Kristol's boogeymen when the NSA is their homes raping their privacy.

Statistically and realistically, I have zero fear of ululating Jihadists storming my home, tossing grenades at my kids and cutting me to ribbons with automatic weapons fire.

I have a statistical and very real fear of a troika of heavily armed FedCoats, state and local flaw enforcement doing that to me.

Kotin
06-10-2013, 11:16 AM
fuck you, kristol.

HOLLYWOOD
06-10-2013, 11:18 AM
You all know... this is pure BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA

It's to give the impression to Americans that the Republican party wing of the Washington DC Vulture, cares about the US Constitution. This is all smoke and mirrors, left and right, lies and truth, deflection and lures.

Nothing will become of this... Capital Hill is so dirty, you'd have to take a shower every hour.

jmdrake
06-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Okay. Who here is dumb enough to believe that well trained Al CIAda terrorists are using unecrypted Farcebook messages as their main means of communication?

HOLLYWOOD
06-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Okay. Who here is dumb enough to believe that well trained Al CIAda terrorists are using unecrypted Farcebook messages as their main means of communication?Ut Oh... Noooooooooo... They Are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtNLbuJTTlc

thoughtomator
06-10-2013, 11:23 AM
May Kristol be appointed Ambassador to Libya.